how much can this watch worth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much can this watch worth.

my dad gave it to me, but i dont like it.. too old for me.. i prefer submariner or deepsea.

woud like to check roughly a datejust can worth how much. i do not knw what model is it.

pls check the photos

Rough rough ball park figure, 3k+ for 20 years old piece. Anything older will be less

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

thanks. i still prefer design like submariner. but too bad.. dad give me

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Rough rough ball park figure, 3k+ for 20 years old piece. Anything older will be less
        Not bad for that price since it a 20 year old watch!!!

Comment

you will grow to like the datejust over time. why not keep it for now? (especially if you don't need the money)

if you sell it now, it is very likely you can never buy it back again.

it's an un-valuable watch: how much will you pay to get back your father's watch in 10 years' time?
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I also suggest you keep it for sentimental value. If your father gave you his watch, it's like owning something that connects you to him. It's a nice watch, and you will probably like it more as you grow older.

Comment

he get the watch 2nd hand from his fren as a wedding gift for me..

its very not suitable for me.. but nvm.. i will keep it.. i also just send it for polishing last wk..

if i come across a gd deal or trade for submariner then i will top up to change

Comment

To me, whether the watch is new or 2nd hand, it doesn't matter.
                It is a sentimental value that I treasure more esp that is a gift for an important moment in your life.

I have an Omega that is now close to 50 years pass down from my Dad. It is the most precious watch to me, more than higher value ones I currently own. The value of the watch in the second hand market is probably less than 1K but it is most expensive to me. I recently had the watch restored and it is looking good again now.

Comment

I agree...I was tempted to sell off my Grandfather's Datejust sometime back...was toying with the idea...but I didn't.

I m very very glad I didn't sell it off I must say!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    I agree...I was tempted to sell off my Grandfather's Datejust sometime back...was toying with the idea...but I didn't.

I m very very glad I didn't sell it off I must say!
                    i almost did the same to my dad 6694. glad i didnt, because it just sits in the safe looking ever so pretty
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I also had a 6694 from my grand dad ...

Comment

I tend to miss the Rolex watches I once had, and sold...especially the Datejust

Comment

now i got a idea.. suggested frm the shop.

plat the gold to sliver, and change the face to black or dark blue.. so it will look younger.

but the process cost abt $500. worth it anot?

it can be revert back with some cost.

what do you all think?

Comment

Erm for me i prefer to keep the watch in original form....

Franken rolexes are not my cup of tea...
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

if the cost is about200 i will do it.. but $500 is no joke.. somemore got to revert back if i need to go back rsc for servicing.

But.. really look very old on it.. haiyoo... headache.. possible to take out the engine.. and change to another case..haa

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X