No announcement yet.

how much can this watch worth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well...i m the fan boy for datejusts...so for me datejusts are great looking originally....if the condition is not so good can always go for a light polish session or servicing...will come back looking like a million bucks...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by kee View Post
      if the cost is about200 i will do it.. but $500 is no joke.. somemore got to revert back if i need to go back rsc for servicing.

But.. really look very old on it.. haiyoo... headache.. possible to take out the engine.. and change to another case..haa
      I think in this case it is better to sell off and get a sport series...since you have no attachment whatsoever with the watch, and the watch had no link to your father other than the fact he bought it for you, as a wedding gift. Should be able to get above 3k

Comment

True....but for me personally....The tag my dad bought for me will not leave my collection...not the most expensive or desirable brand or model around but to me it is priceless....

Comment

can get 3k? shop quoted quite low... but i think he will be damn piss off if i sell it away..

Comment

sell wat u dun like, buy wat u like nex time if ur kid will do te same 2 u at list u understand

Comment

any idea where i can get a better price for my watch, or any shop that do trade in

Comment

Though I've not patronised Koh Watches at People's Park Centre, the review given is not bad. They only deal with ROLEX watches as far as I know. Or you may want to contact one "AMG" (forum member), a private dealer here.

Good luck!
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

another way is to list the watch for sale/trade in the sales section in our forum...

Comment

any idea where i can get a better price for my watch, or any shop that do trade in
                    don't do it man. it's a wedding gift from your old man to you. there's a reason why he bought that watch...

i know some people say "sell what you don't like and buy what you like" but honestly, if you can't afford a sub on your own, you should probably save up for one. the datejust will appreciate in value over time anyway...

the next best thing would be to ask your dad for permission to sell it, and then buy a sub WITH him - even from a second hand watch shop or from a private seller. go with him to transact on the sub.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      don't do it man. it's a wedding gift from your old man to you. there's a reason why he bought that watch...

i know some people say "sell what you don't like and buy what you like" but honestly, if you can't afford a sub on your own, you should probably save up for one. the datejust will appreciate in value over time anyway...

the next best thing would be to ask your dad for permission to sell it, and then buy a sub WITH him - even from a second hand watch shop or from a private seller. go with him to transact on the sub.
                      You came in a tad too late. TS has sold the watch.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i sold the watch to change for a datejust also but without gold and newer model.. with topups.. now my mum pay for the topups.. double blessing.. haah

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Though I've not patronised Koh Watches at People's Park Centre, the review given is not bad. They only deal with ROLEX watches as far as I know. Or you may want to contact one "AMG" (forum member), a private dealer here.

Good luck!
                          I agree!! Ak watch related to them?

Comment

Wah my daughter(so far only kid 4 now) be v lucky man if she read this thread...

Probably get mums mid size watch n my zenith daytona........but thats like.... Lol decades down e road...ha

Comment

now i got a idea.. suggested frm the shop.

plat the gold to sliver, and change the face to black or dark blue.. so it will look younger.

but the process cost abt $500. worth it anot?

it can be revert back with some cost.

what do you all think?
                              I think it is worth, because i will like the watch and wear it very often. Also, I will make my dad happy by letting him know that i had appreciated his gift very much.

Well, I will be overjoy if my dad had left me any Rolex (even a cheapest model) for me to remenber him. But now, he is in heaven.

Comment

Keep it since it is given by your father..Maybe can consider a legacy..pass it from one generation to another generation. Do not underestimate this sort of vintage watch. My father recently was offered alot of money for his old rolex watch but i told him to kept it and send it for service at the Rolex service centre. Apparently the staff told my father that the mechanism inside is all original and wrking fine
                                Current Holy Grail
                                Franck Muller Endurance 24
                                Bell & Ross 126 antimagnetic
                                Iwc 3706

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X