X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second that.. I called up THG NAC..

Planning to get for my wife..

Originally posted by fishcake2005 View Post
    The 178274 is currently retailing at $10644 for the black dial with diamond markings, fluted bezel & Jublilee bracelet. After 20% discount, should be able to get at $8500.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by bnlz83 View Post
      hiya, i called Cortina watch and got these quotes (after discount)..not sure if it is a gd deal so need advice from u people. Im a newbie with Rolex watch as well.

For Datejust midsize, black dial with diamond markings, fluted bezel, its 8567.
      For same specs men one is 8700.

For Explorer I its 6575 after discount.

So isit gd deal?

Im still in a dilemma between DJ and Explorer becuz i tot diamond DJ looks too bling bling for my age and i would prefer something more understated n more for casual/formal wear.
      But if i get the DJ without diamonds i dun see any point becuz eventually i know i'd want to get it wif diamonds, irregardless of how many yrs down the road.
      Hi bnlz83,

Im on my 20s too and I dress casually everyday, i am not an OL so don't have to dress up. If u are getting the DJ, I suggest u go for one with diamonds since u know ultimately u will still be getting one with diamonds. Not sure about your gender, but all girls love diamonds so shd just get the one with diamonds!

Comment

• Originally posted by bnlz83 View Post
        hiya, i called Cortina watch and got these quotes (after discount)..not sure if it is a gd deal so need advice from u people. Im a newbie with Rolex watch as well.

For Datejust midsize, black dial with diamond markings, fluted bezel, its 8567.
        For same specs men one is 8700.

For Explorer I its 6575 after discount.

So isit gd deal?

Im still in a dilemma between DJ and Explorer becuz i tot diamond DJ looks too bling bling for my age and i would prefer something more understated n more for casual/formal wear.
        But if i get the DJ without diamonds i dun see any point becuz eventually i know i'd want to get it wif diamonds, irregardless of how many yrs down the road.
        This is my take, since the price quoted the difference between mid and mens is marely $133. My suggestion is to buy the mens size since if you ever want to upgrade or need to fund your next watch you can easily sell the mens size. mid size harder to sell in my view. of course YMMV.

diamonds is not too bling, i also wear diamond dj on jubiliee dial, and somemore it is in half gold, and im only 20 (21 in november) and currently pulling it off quite well.

i also dress casual (at uni) and formal (working), and both i can wear my DJ. the DJ got a nice touch of elegance and a understated touch of casual style.

the expI is a nice watch, but quite pricey esp when you consider that no date, and quite a simple watch. if spending that money may as well look to something else maybe the older bro expII.

Originally posted by alhp View Post
        Hi bnlz83,

Im on my 20s too and I dress casually everyday, i am not an OL so don't have to dress up. If u are getting the DJ, I suggest u go for one with diamonds since u know ultimately u will still be getting one with diamonds. Not sure about your gender, but all girls love diamonds so shd just get the one with diamonds!
        what is OL? me blur leh
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• OL = Office Ladies = My favourite
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            This is my take, since the price quoted the difference between mid and mens is marely $133. My suggestion is to buy the mens size since if you ever want to upgrade or need to fund your next watch you can easily sell the mens size. mid size harder to sell in my view. of course YMMV.

diamonds is not too bling, i also wear diamond dj on jubiliee dial, and somemore it is in half gold, and im only 20 (21 in november) and currently pulling it off quite well.

i also dress casual (at uni) and formal (working), and both i can wear my DJ. the DJ got a nice touch of elegance and a understated touch of casual style.

the expI is a nice watch, but quite pricey esp when you consider that no date, and quite a simple watch. if spending that money may as well look to something else maybe the older bro expII.
            Originally posted by alhp View Post
            Hi bnlz83,

Looks like we have alot of young people here. Haha...do u think I should open a Young Rolex owners thread at kopi talk hahaa?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by alhp View Post
              Hi bnlz83,

Girls like diamond...guys( like me) also leh hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                OL = Office Ladies = My favourite
                thanks. my fav too. of course lets not make other ladies feel intimidated here

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Looks like we have alot of young people here. Haha...do u think I should open a Young Rolex owners thread at kopi talk hahaa?
                maybe we should do a poll on age. ie. 16-18,19-21,22-30,31-41 and so on.that way we dont know each other age unless you are proud to disclose.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Girls like diamond...guys( like me) also leh hahaha
                who doesnt like diamond... so nice, cute, and most of all, it retains its value quite well.
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

maybe we should do a poll on age. ie. 16-18,19-21,22-30,31-41 and so on.that way we dont know each other age unless you are proud to disclose.
                  Eh I feel offended leh...alot of old birds here already know my age...so u saying I am proud la...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Eh I feel offended leh...alot of old birds here already know my age...so u saying I am proud la...
                    some people kiasi and dont want to let people know... i ever meet this type of people before. kiasu over little things, even how much they paid for a bag of chicken ... really this type of people i dislike.
                    Last edited by seiko.citizen; 07-04-08, 08:29 PM. Reason: wrong word used
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

some people kiasu and dont want to let people know... i ever meet this type of people before. kiasu over little things, even how much they paid for a bag of chicken ... really this type of people i dislike.
                      LOL....I think u use wrong term leh...kiasu is (scared lose) ?

Comment

• aiyah... now change to proper term

btw you are younger then me, and same age as my brother. my mother bought a tt dj for him too when he was so much younger, and he doesnt even like watches in the first place
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

aiyah... now change to proper term

btw you are younger then me, and same age as my brother. my mother bought a tt dj for him too when he was so much younger, and he doesnt even like watches in the first place
                          Now it sounds right...

LOL Lucky people ...TT DJ somehow not suitable for me,TT sub or other sports series I think still ok.

Comment

• it was suposed to be a gift to him from my parents, of course my parents feel different they think tt looks good.

my bro prefer cheap plasticy watches.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

it was suposed to be a gift to him from my parents, of course my parents feel different they think tt looks good.

my bro prefer cheap plasticy watches.
                              That's wastedddd....my parents never bought me watches,only my bro has tonnes of them. sianzz but he doesnt wear also...

Comment

• ya, not only i never got any watch, i got to work and i have to buy my own. ... however on the bright side, it seems i may have a person willing to look at my dj, that mean i may be in the gmtII camp soon but once i earn some serious money, i hope to be able to maintain a decent amount of watches, allow me to switch everyday if i want to
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X