Official Day-Date Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Navigator View Post
    silly question here: how you diff a SS from WG? heehee, sorry ah, not good at jewels...
    tell the difference visually? very difficult......especially under those harsh lighting in the shops ...

once u hold both in your hands....very obvious.....

in addition, a full WG case has a set of hallmarks behind......

some other brands rhodium-plate their WG watches but not rolex.....rhodium-plated will be very shiny...
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
      tell the difference visually? very difficult......especially under those harsh lighting in the shops ...

once u hold both in your hands....very obvious.....

in addition, a full WG case has a set of hallmarks behind......

some other brands rhodium-plate their WG watches but not rolex.....rhodium-plated will be very shiny...
      Yeah la...inside only...outside...looks like SS bracelet so i dun really suggest la

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

good people, I am back!!!!! :-)

very tired, happen to be around Bugis area, so went to check out The Bencoolen.

Sad, there are 4 2nd hand watches dealers there. 2 Big shops but small collection. 2 are smaller shops and carry Rolex (1 is Peng Kwee).

Well, only PengKwee have 1 piece of Daydate but in YG. So wasnt interested. The other 3 shops all have Rollies, but only DJs.

So, I WALKED to Peninsula and visit PengKwee again. This time I spent a good half hour speaking to the sales person. Quite nice folks I must say...

They have 2 pieces there and price is around 24-29k. It is what I want but the price is abit off (not that I know what's a good price, just want stick to my budget).

So, I would need to work my numbers and see if I really want to spend this much on the DD.

BTW: What's the price of a NEW DayDate White Gold?

Anybody wanna recommend any shops that carry DD Rollies?

Comment

good people, I am back!!!!! :-)

very tired, happen to be around Bugis area, so went to check out The Bencoolen.

Sad, there are 4 2nd hand watches dealers there. 2 Big shops but small collection. 2 are smaller shops and carry Rolex (1 is Peng Kwee).

Well, only PengKwee have 1 piece of Daydate but in YG. So wasnt interested. The other 3 shops all have Rollies, but only DJs.

So, I WALKED to Peninsula and visit PengKwee again. This time I spent a good half hour speaking to the sales person. Quite nice folks I must say...

They have 2 pieces there and price is around 24-29k. It is what I want but the price is abit off (not that I know what's a good price, just want stick to my budget).

So, I would need to work my numbers and see if I really want to spend this much on the DD.

BTW: What's the price of a NEW DayDate White Gold?

Anybody wanna recommend any shops that carry DD Rollies?
          A brand new YG DD is about $30k then WG costs much more but I m not sure coz I dun look at DDs when I go THG

Comment

THG = The Hour Glass?

Do they gave better price?

Comment

THG = The Hour Glass?

Do they gave better price?
              Yeah Hour Glass...

No...hard to say la..depends on them,u hav to scout ard...move ur legs abit

Comment

For the benefit of the ROLEX Day-Date community, this is the thread:

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?p=48396#post48396

Cheers!
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  For the benefit of the ROLEX Day-Date community, this is the thread:

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?p=48396#post48396

Cheers!
                  THanks

Comment

A newbie question..
                    Can i change the dial of a 1803-8 DD to a more modern-looking one?
                    Maybe roman..?
                    [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                    Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by communicam View Post
                      A newbie question..
                      Can i change the dial of a 1803-8 DD to a more modern-looking one?
                      Maybe roman..?
                      Illegally you definitely can,legally,that means u buy from RSC,I think if roman dial existed then when the sold the 1803-8..you can change to the NEW OLD DIAL lor.

Comment

if change thru RSC, just give back your dial. Which begs the question, does those old T dials get resold later to collectors. ie. smuggled out of the workshop??
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          if change thru RSC, just give back your dial. Which begs the question, does those old T dials get resold later to collectors. ie. smuggled out of the workshop??
                          Probably

Comment

makes me wonder, can I remove the dial, and buy a new one (installed) from rolex?
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              makes me wonder, can I remove the dial, and buy a new one (installed) from rolex?
                              Hmm.. Never tried.
                              But think RSC won't accept the watch if it's not in original form rite?
                              Worth trying though..
                              [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                              Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Hi all,

thank you very much for your inputs...

the braclet is president that's for sure.

silly question here: how you diff a SS from WG? heehee, sorry ah, not good at jewels...
                                Hi,

Just give my 2 cents comment, usually the new 118238 YG / WG model has crown with 2 dots and stainless steel model all has horizontal line. But the old yg / wg has also horizontal lines on the crown, weight doesnt really tell us. can be alloyed with high density metal..need to check density...haha...
                                My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X