Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price of the rolex sports model

hi there,
    i found that rolex's price specially the sports model one were over price, i guess it came from the unavailable new stock at rolex AD.
    what do you think guys? is it possible to have correction / decrease in the future?

I think it has been quite actively discussed here in some threads. Well, these (over)prices for the more popular ROLEX sports models were all manipulated by non-authorized watch dealers. The local ADs are not supposed to sell higher than their retail prices. Whether you will see a "correction" / decrease in selling prices in future, is anyone's guess now. When prices started going crazy early last year, some grey dealers told me quite confidently that the prices would "normalize" come last quarter of 2017, or at the most, early 2018. Look at the situation now

Unless ROLEX increases their production numbers for all these sports models, the obvious lack of supply and increasing demand will never see any correction/decrease in pricing, be it tomorrow, next week, next month, even next year.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

almost certain prices will keep going up and up at grey dealers level, demand high stocks scarce.

or look hard at the sales threads here

Comment

With the current pricing . I already stop seeing on them anymore.. local AD not giving discount on TT and SS is impossible to get..

Comment

Submariner waiting list time?

Does anyone know how long is the waiting list for a submariner no date in singapore? I went to hour glass (orchard) and rolex(RWS) to place my name in the waiting list. Haven't heard from them since march..Some people say waiting list is fake and its impossible to get one unless u are a VIP. True?

Comment

Just got to keep checking with the ADs and hope to get lucky.

Comment

Try to get while on travel shd have better chances..
              Rolex is world-famous for its performance and reliability. Discover Rolex luxury watches on the Official Rolex Website.

Comment

Originally posted by zackontherun View Post
                Submariner waiting list time?

Does anyone know how long is the waiting list for a submariner no date in singapore? I went to hour glass (orchard) and rolex(RWS) to place my name in the waiting list. Haven't heard from them since march..Some people say waiting list is fake and its impossible to get one unless u are a VIP. True?
                I managed to get a brand new one recently from a local AD at retail price. But it was all down to sheer persistence and luck. I am not a VIP nor a regular. Had been in the market for it dor quite some time already, even travelling to Japan (where the tax free price is a jaw dropping S$8500) without success.

My latest hunt for it locally spanned a few months of visiting different AD stores and calling ADs until I was almost about to give in and purchase a pre-owned full box set.

If the "list" does exist and if the ADs really do call customers in order on the "list", the waiting time can run into years if based on a single store. Just a day before I managed to get it, one of the AD staff at a different store told me that out of the 10 staff in the store, each one easily has 5 to 6 customers on the "list" for the no date sub. That's like at least 50 for that store alone. And they only get allocated stock roughly once every month. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that they will confirm get the no date sub allocated to them each time. And each allocation is only 1 piece. Based on the above, in any given year, less than 12 people on this store's "list" will get the call, again, if the "list" exists.

If you really want it, keep up the persistence in checking regularly with the ADs. You may just get lucky on one occasion, like how I got mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Samuelng2902 View Post

I managed to get a brand new one recently from a local AD at retail price. But it was all down to sheer persistence and luck. I am not a VIP nor a regular. Had been in the market for it dor quite some time already, even travelling to Japan (where the tax free price is a jaw dropping S$8500) without success.

My latest hunt for it locally spanned a few months of visiting different AD stores and calling ADs until I was almost about to give in and purchase a pre-owned full box set.

If the "list" does exist and if the ADs really do call customers in order on the "list", the waiting time can run into years if based on a single store. Just a day before I managed to get it, one of the AD staff at a different store told me that out of the 10 staff in the store, each one easily has 5 to 6 customers on the "list" for the no date sub. That's like at least 50 for that store alone. And they only get allocated stock roughly once every month. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that they will confirm get the no date sub allocated to them each time. And each allocation is only 1 piece. Based on the above, in any given year, less than 12 people on this store's "list" will get the call, again, if the "list" exists.

If you really want it, keep up the persistence in checking regularly with the ADs. You may just get lucky on one occasion, like how I got mine!
                  Congratulations! Agree that it's about sheer persistence and luck. And no, the "waiting list" DOES NOT exist. I've shared a recent encounter and some things I have learnt over time with regard to how these ADs allocate their watches to their customers, in the forum. And I reiterate, THE WAITING LIST DOES NOT EXIST!! So take it from Samuelng2902, be persistence.

Good luck
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Can be....
                    Super persistence till desperate ---> become one of the staff at the AD

or persistence till 'tu lan' (pardon my language) and give up ----> pick up tudor/omega/....

​​​​

Comment

Yes it can be frustrating to be waiting very long on the waiting list and never got the call from AD, and calling one shop after another and they always reply no stock. Last month I was lucky to just walk into my AD and the Sub ND was available for grabs. Sheer luck and destiny. And I could only hope for the same good fortune next time again.

Comment

Local AD are very expensive. I would suggest buy overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by lianheeteo View Post
                          Local AD are very expensive. I would suggest buy overseas.
                          Huh? Local ADs are selling most ROLEX watches at retail price, except for some that may still see you some discount. Don't quite get you on "very expensive"
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I can not justify the price of SS sport anymore, so decided to clear all my SS (1 daytona white dial, 1 submariner no date, 1 submariner date, 1 hulk, 1 GMT master coke, 1 GMT master 2, 1 GMT batman) and traded them with these 3 rolex, some friends called it stupid act, but who cares......... at least I felt that I kept some precious jewellery rather than some bunch of stainless steel.

Comment

Originally posted by paijo View Post
                              I can not justify the price of SS sport anymore, so decided to clear all my SS (1 daytona white dial, 1 submariner no date, 1 submariner date, 1 hulk, 1 GMT master coke, 1 GMT master 2, 1 GMT batman) and traded them with these 3 rolex, some friends called it stupid act, but who cares......... at least I felt that I kept some precious jewellery rather than some bunch of stainless steel.
                              These also look like SS.... ;-)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X