This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Depends on age and condition of your SS Sub. Personally, I would prefer the SS Sub to the TT one

The Blue sub is 2005 or older no pin hole selling 2nd hand at 8.1K. I quite like the watch, reach home still think about it hahaha I dun think that I will own 2 sub unless I strike 4D or toto hahaha and OC also will not approve that why think of maybe I should sell of my SS sub than get the blue sub or exchgange with the 2nd hand dealer dun no is it worth
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

• Originally posted by striker968 View Post
      The Blue sub is 2005 or older no pin hole selling 2nd hand at 8.1K. I quite like the watch, reach home still think about it hahaha I dun think that I will own 2 sub unless I strike 4D or toto hahaha and OC also will not approve that why think of maybe I should sell of my SS sub than get the blue sub or exchgange with the 2nd hand dealer dun no is it worth
      It will be worth it if you like it. Get what you desire most
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by ODRX View Post
        Had been following the forum for a while & finally took the plunge yesterday evening in view of the coming price adjustment on Rolexes!!! Got myself a White Explorer II....still admiring it's beauty
        Hi ORDX! Congratulation on your purchase. Just curious, how much did you get it for?

Thanks.

Comment

• Hi,

newbie here looking for his virgin rollie... the white explorer II looks belly tempting.. but pls allow one silly qns from me. will the white dial turn yellow over time?

thanks

Comment

• I would think YES, if not al least the markers will turn yellow over time.

To turn yellow probably it takes >15 years bah...

Any better opinion

Cheerio,

Comment

• dial wont turn yellow........
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• i am currently considering either to get a black or white dial exp ii.
                everyone says the black dial is better as it has a higher resale value - not sure why tho... any truth in it?
                the funny thing is that most people ask me to buy the white dial as it is not so common, more distinguished - but they all buy the black one themselves...
                it's the damnest thing...

Comment

• haha... buy the one that u like best... or better still buy BOTH!

Originally posted by viper0419 View Post
                  i am currently considering either to get a black or white dial exp ii.
                  everyone says the black dial is better as it has a higher resale value - not sure why tho... any truth in it?
                  the funny thing is that most people ask me to buy the white dial as it is not so common, more distinguished - but they all buy the black one themselves...

Comment

• asians prefer black because of white face when pronounced in cantonese is not that auspicious.

yes, white dial among asians not many that is provided you are an asian. people from states, europe, australia prefer white dial.

my advice is get one you like better. if u like both, get both lor.

Originally posted by viper0419 View Post
                    i am currently considering either to get a black or white dial exp ii.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                      asians prefer black because of white face when pronounced in cantonese is not that auspicious.

yes, white dial among asians not many that is provided you are an asian. people from states, europe, australia prefer white dial.

my advice is get one you like better. if u like both, get both lor.
                      okay... got a good idea liao..
                      i will get a white exp 2 then get a gmt 2 cos its black (stupid japanese come to singapore to spoil market and increase price - allegedly from 2nd hand watch dealer).

now gotta go find money...

Comment

• Can ask Michael Jackson. He got the answer from one of his songs..
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by viper0419 View Post
                          i will get a white exp 2 then get a gmt 2 cos its black (stupid japanese come to singapore to spoil market and increase price - allegedly from 2nd hand watch dealer).

THG Peninsula also told me that, and how the Daytona situation at the moment. Of course, I think the Japanese may now have to fight with Chinese money, as the Chinese are really buying up on luxury goods.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by viper0419 View Post

That's correct, this way be a logical choice. No pt getting both black dails.. A white Exp II and black GMT IIc will be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                              yup....now in china, it is golden week for labour day holiday....and watch boutique r getting ready for them to spend spend spend. source from a reliable source, a watch boutique manager that one china man went to his shop and spend 100k on watches.
                              but i think most of the mainlanders go to HK and buy, since closer geographically. However, many also come down to s'pore too.
                              But also plenty of scammers out there too. My local AD got done once by mainlanders using false CCs. if i recall correctly they got away with about 50K worth of stock.

Originally posted by schumi View Post
                              That's correct, this way be a logical choice. No pt getting both black dails.. A white Exp II and black GMT IIc will be great!
                              of course, another way of stretching your $$$
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• finally got my white explorer ii today.... gonna wear it to sleep tonight

any idea how to adjust the buckle area as it is slightly tight but no need to add one more link. must have a watch tool?

hope the price for 16710 will drop over the next few months cos that will be my next buy.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X