Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koshiru View Post
    If AD do not carry the TT Blue Sub 16613 V series anymore, what would be a good price to pay for a BNIB or LNIB? I saw a BNIB for S$9800, is it worth it?
    Worth it or not, it really depends on how much you want it, especially so since it is a discontinued model.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Could the noise originate from the bracelet then?
      it is from the bracelet alright. i suspect it is from the 2 ends of the bracelet which is connected to the watch.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      Its normal.

I do the same funky wrist movement as you

My Sub C has this squeaking sound from the bracelet and my ex GMTIIc also has.

nothing to be worried about.
      ah... good to hear that it is normal. will not be bothered by it then. thks.
      I don't need another watch.

Comment

• Can put some lubricants at the bracelet joints.

The squeaking sound will go off once "run in"
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• Try washing your squeaky bracelets with mild soap and water. Just make sure that the crown is screwed tight. That should be ok, it worked for me.
          相信我,这是最后一只了

Comment

• hi all bros, just saw a preowned tt submariner with diamond and sapphire markers (gold dial)......would like to have advise or comments on this watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ducarti View Post
              hi all bros, just saw a preowned tt submariner with diamond and sapphire markers (gold dial)......would like to have advise or comments on this watch?
              BLING! (high pitch tone)

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• year 2001 think about 8k plus, any comments on this model as in the resale value as well as the price as i couldnt find much info on it in the forum......thanks

Comment

• after 4 years....finally i owned rolex submariner 16610 V series

Comment

• Hi Im planning to get a sub and here's my happy problem: Having seen and compared outgoing, LV and Ceramic subs I like some features of each but not everything of one model!

The ceramic sub has all the specs in updated rolex models im looking for (e.g. ceramic bezel, maxi-dial, parachrom hairspring, glidelock clasp) except that i really dislike the wider lugs with very sharp edges!

As compromise Im thinking of getting the LV instead and replace with black bezel as I prefer a more subtle look. Alternative is of course to go with GMT-IIc but I prefer diver dial with the "clicky" feel.

- Where can I buy original rolex black bezel insert and how much is it?
                    - Any suggestions/thoughts are welcome!

Comment

• My Opinion..The new block case are pretty 'raw' at the edges still, but you should have a look at the 70s-80s ones, the lugs are needle sharp!! haha

the LV is LV for all its made for and known as, though there are owners who swopped inserts for a different look, but it might just not cut the LV for what is done for..IMO

I believe the gmt IIc gives you the clicky feel too if you like a rotational bezel, but again, its a different watch altogether as well..if you want a diver, you want a diver..period

I believe the mvmt is the same for both old and new subc, sans the parachrom springs

I am in the midst of picking another rollie, a diver, and i can't compare it to a gmt
                      Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

• i brought the watch to THG one day since i was nearby. they told me that the sound was from the bracelet though they cannot pinpoint exactly which links. they then asked me to cross over to the service ctr nearby. i went over and within 10mins, the service ctr returned me my watch... minus the squeaking sound!

anyway, while i was at the AD, i also requested them to remove 1 link as the watch was too loose and the glideslock was already at the fully close position. however, after removing 1 link, the watch became too tight so i have to loosen by opening up glideslock abit. i noticed that there were some marks caused by the glideslock when it was in the fully close position. in fact, everytime you change the position of the glideslock, you would inevidently cause it to leave more marks. not sure if anyone else share the same experience??

Originally posted by Ray_Watches View Post
                        Try washing your squeaky bracelets with mild soap and water. Just make sure that the crown is screwed tight. That should be ok, it worked for me.

Comment

• Because the glidelock is based on friction grip. cannot be helped, and pretty common.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• You just added some character to this baby. Live it like it should...LOL
                            Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

• no worries. i am not losing sleep over it yet. jus wanna know if anyone else is sharing the same experience. i guess i got the answer. LOL.

Comment

• Hey bro Otar, just wondering if you are able to see the laser etched coronet at 6 oclock for your DSSD? Its 5mm thick and I am thinking if it is possible to see. Let me know pls, thanks.
                                Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X