Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Submariner and Seadweller thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giggss View Post
    bought a sub 2 weeks ago.. wore for 1 week... then went overseas for 1 week with the watch at home.

after returning from trip, realised that the watch had stopped moving on the same day I flew (morning flight, watch stopped at night)

today tried to adjust date and time (as advised by salesperson, bring down both hour and minute hands before setting the date). so I set the date... followed by the time... but the watch did not move.. i gave it a few good shake and tap... didnt move... after trying for about 1 minute (shaking and tapping harder each time as I tried) .. the watch start moving..

just want to check... is this normal?
    Did you wind the watch?

Comment

• Hi, does anyone know where to get/buy quality springbar for sub? To be more precise, where to get quality springbar that will fit snugly into the lug holes for a sub? Seems like those normal 20mm ones doesn't fit well...
      Last edited by burningacid; 07-02-14, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubilee View Post
        Did you wind the watch?
        when first bought the watch, the salesperson wind the watch for me for some 1 min..

after not wearing the watch for a week, i did not wind.. proceeded to adjust date and time and give it a good shake and tap.. i thought that will work.. but it did not after shaking and tapping harder for a while more..

the correct way is to wind the watch instead of shaking it ?

Comment

• I wind first, then give it a few shake..

Comment

• Originally posted by giggss View Post
            bought a sub 2 weeks ago.. wore for 1 week... then went overseas for 1 week with the watch at home.

after returning from trip, realised that the watch had stopped moving on the same day I flew (morning flight, watch stopped at night)

today tried to adjust date and time (as advised by salesperson, bring down both hour and minute hands before setting the date). so I set the date... followed by the time... but the watch did not move.. i gave it a few good shake and tap... didnt move... after trying for about 1 minute (shaking and tapping harder each time as I tried) .. the watch start moving..

just want to check... is this normal?
            Bro, you need to wind since watch have not been used for a week. The watch will move after some winding,remembe don't shake too hard.

Comment

• thanks for the replies.

so after not wearing for sometime, the correct way is to wind and adjust date & time before putting it on again instead of shaking it?

anyway, i gave it a good 1 min of winding last night before wearing again, shall monitor again

Comment

• Hulk

hi guys, any comments about owning the hulk?

Comment

• Hi, recently, I just bought a Green Sub aka Hulk from a very friendly bro here. I personally like it a lot and feels that this watch has a demand in the market. Not to worry that it's hard to resell when you want to sell it. But I really like my new toy. =D

Comment

• congrats on owning a new time piece newbieboy, wear in good health!

also would like to say hi to everyone, I've recently bought my first ever Rolex, no date sub c.

Comment

• Congratulions to all the new guys who bought their subs...
                      HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                      ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                      Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                      Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                      Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                      TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                      G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                      Rolex ladies datejust
                      vintage Cartier tank 18k
                      TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

• Thank you guys. I had been aiming for this green hulk for a long time. Thinking if I should get first hand or 2nd hand. I really like it. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by newbieb0y View Post
                          Thank you guys. I had been aiming for this green hulk for a long time. Thinking if I should get first hand or 2nd hand. I really like it. Thanks!
                          Buy 2nd hand and use your savings for other rollies bro...
                          HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                          ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                          Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                          Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                          Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                          TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                          G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                          Rolex ladies datejust
                          vintage Cartier tank 18k
                          TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

• Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                            Buy 2nd hand and use your savings for other rollies bro...
                            So it can be done as an investment too right? Actually the Daytona Everose Gold 116515LN is one of my dream watch, but can't bring myself to buy it.

Comment

• Sea Dweller will always be a classic Rolex dive watch

Comment

• Hi Admin, please welcome newbie me, i just bought a 2nd hand 16600 F series.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X