X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourbillonaire
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Karate.Singapore View Post
    Erm.. I guess being a PT for 6 years. My observation are lots of people have been reading and researching a lot actually are reading and researching only.

When it comes to actually pushing yourself to your 65 - 70% limit, rarely there are that many who would actually do it though.
    Totally agree with this statement.

You gotta push yourself. Sometimes I push till I feel like puking. That may not be ideal. But it helps me lose weight and keep fit.

Leave a comment:

• ThirtyEight
    replied
    Originally posted by melfiz View Post
    been training for mths n clean diet but no signs of even 2 pax..wat to do den?
    Same here! 😭

Leave a comment:

• Andyminnie
    replied
    same problem with me

Originally posted by PJBerri View Post
    Hey guys,

Opened this one to talk about getting in shape. Any queries, feel free to post. I will answer to my best knowledge.

Let me do an intro...

I'm Andy. Very short, small sized guy. Before building up a decent physique, (social)life was kinda pathetic. Asked 10 girls out, 9 will say no. The one who said yes, will look like monster or teletubby.

Too bored and no dates during Poly(after NS), started walking into gym since it doesn't need any dates. Started seeing good results, went more often. From once every other week, eventually trained 5 times a week. Took part in bodybuilding contests, had great fun.

Life has changed since stepping into gym almost 10yrs back.

Most importantly, confidence was boosted, spirit lifted, body feels strong and young. I love it.

I want to share this goodness with people. That's what keeps me going in this job. Not many can tahan a job that requires long hours and no guaranteed income.

Since we're mostly MEN here, I hope you guys take good care of your bodies. You take care of your body, it will give you lots of happiness that money can't buy.

same problem with me

Leave a comment:

• Toby2009
    replied
    ……there is a pretty amazing new concept called bodytec training, which trains your whole body with electric current. Only requires 20 min training a week and it really shows great results. Who doesn't mind the idea of being electrocuted ;-) should check out their website www.bodytec.com.sg …….the perfect training for lazy ppl !!

Leave a comment:

• Rainer
    replied
    Originally posted by dkxy85 View Post
    trying to lose now, but I seem to reach the plateau stage ...

now e weight keep hover ard there... but physically can feel that I have slim down as clothes get loose.

My friend say it common, as start to built muscle..

how to effectively continue to built muscle while losing weigh.

plan to drop another 5-10Kg.
    Same case as me... after running long distances, realised that I'm no longer losing fats but encountering muscle atrophy. Leg muscles got smaller, but fats still there... Changed my routine totally since 3 months back. 2 days of 6 km run (target pace 5-5.5min/km), 2 days of 45min HIIT Circuit, 2 days of (1hr) Gym. introduced weight training since 2 months back, and muscles became toned and bigger and body is now cutting belly fat.

Started off with 3 main workouts in the gym: bench press, deadlifts, squats. Deadlifts and squats give u the most post exercise afterburn to get rid of fats. Once you invest time and effort into Gymwork, it will motivate you to eat healthy.

Building upper chest and arms gives u a 'cheat'. Even if you're still chubby in the belly, the bulked up upper body will create an illusion that you're damn fit. Friends and collegues will definitely see the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Rainer
    replied
    Originally posted by capkel88 View Post
    Im having difficulty trying to tone my core. i have the bulk and shape but the toning is an issue for me. any recommendations
    Core strengthening is best served by a daily 5min circuit training (scissor kicks, flutter kicks, planks...just google from Youtube) and 3 times a week Barbell/Dumbbell deadlifts (the King of all workouts). Do these religiously for 3 months and your core strength will be tremendously improved. Worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• capkel88
    replied
    Im having difficulty trying to tone my core. i have the bulk and shape but the toning is an issue for me. any recommendations

Leave a comment:

• dkxy85
    replied
    trying to lose now, but I seem to reach the plateau stage ...

now e weight keep hover ard there... but physically can feel that I have slim down as clothes get loose.

My friend say it common, as start to built muscle..

how to effectively continue to built muscle while losing weigh.

plan to drop another 5-10Kg.

Leave a comment:

• n00b
    replied
    what is the best way to burn away the tummy, followed by getting the 6 pec?

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Karate.Singapore
    replied
    Erm.. I guess being a PT for 6 years. My observation are lots of people have been reading and researching a lot actually are reading and researching only.

When it comes to actually pushing yourself to your 65 - 70% limit, rarely there are that many who would actually do it though.

Leave a comment:

• Ken3147
    replied
    To get six packs you must first lose the fats around your belly. Ideal BMI is <10%

Leave a comment:

• Aleeboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rainer View Post
    Hmm.. don't mean to dampen your spirits but 2.4-3km runs do little to burn off calories, and can at most warm up the body. I'm close to 40 years old, and running 10km-14km once every 2 days. Lost 10kg over the last year when I started the running regime, clocking 6km-8km every 2 days. The weight loss plateaued eventually, seems like my muscles are so used to long distance running that no fat burn occurs even if I do 12km religiously. Started some kickboxing and circuit workouts in conjunction with long distance runs recently, think it did help to shed off a bit of weight now.

But importantly, it's a very simple formula

For weight loss, output > input.

I did find one of the ways to induce the body to lose weight is by having:

1. 1 full bowl of Boiled Brocolli + Carrot for breakfast (yes, it tastes like shi*)
    2. Fish Soup (any type) without rice/noodles/vermicilli/mee sua for lunch
    3. Normal dinner dishes with 2 tablespoon of rice

I noticed that by not loading up on carbs in the morning, it made me less hungry by lunchtime. Seems like carbs is like heroin to my body. If I take carbs early in the morning, I'll suffer hunger pangs by 11am and tend to overeat.
    Congrats on the weight loss and for building great endurance.

I'd like to chip in on weightloss. It is pretty simple, calories used > calories consumed. Who would have thought this?

As you age your metabolism will drop for most people. So many fail to reduce their daily calorie intake whilst maintaining their daily lifestyle (i.e. typical routine). At the same time, your organs and skeletal structure degenerate simply due to use. We therefore must:

- Reduce daily food intake
    - Change our lifestyle
    - Preserve organ, skeletal and overall body harmony

How do we do this? We need to:

- Reduce food portions whilst eating the same number of meals per day
    - Eat the same portions whilst eating one less meal per day
    - Cut out excessively sweet beverages
    - Consumer more vegetables than fruits
    - Employ a holistic exercise program that strengthens the muscles, bone structure and heart

Running will only eat away at both your fat and muscle mass. Circuit resistance training, heavy weights and cardio combined is probably better and will help you look bigger and be fitter as you age. Men tend to get stronger with age, so why waste away your muscle mass too with running?

I would be happy to field any questions from fellow forum members on this.

AL

Leave a comment:

• ops9
    replied
    Just hoping to maintain current weight is already a bonus to me... Haha

Leave a comment:

• lovehk881
    replied
    try drinking pure fruit or pure vegetable juice everyday

Leave a comment:

• ycsbnocs
    replied
    there are theories where on the basis of diet, once can achieve a significant weightloss.. but the effects of exercise to nurture the body function is highly beneficial to the holistic approach of health.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X