No announcement yet.

Getting in shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to share some personal experience with weight lose or maintaining. First of all I think there are some misconception abt carbs…. Carbs are good, but you must choose the right one. Carbs of high resistance starch are good. If you are an active person, not taking right amount of carbs are doing more harm than good. Carbs restore muscle glycogen after workout, otherwise deficiency of carbs you are actually breaking down muscle. Our body needs protein and carbs to repair and build muscle. In fact carbs helps in losing weight…. Heres how.

- Carbs is the big source of energy, needless to explain you need energy to be active and burn those calories. Exercise is all about being form, meaning doing each exercise correctly. Dragging your feet through the motion won’t help and its not about how long you can workout each session. Its more important to keeping the intensity high and heartbeat rate going, more calories are burnt that way
    - Carbs makes you feel full and curbs your hunger with less intake
    - Good carbs diet actually helps to maintain blood sugar level better than low-carb diet
    - So with the right carbs you eat less, feel more energized during workout and burn more calories and lower cholesterol.
    - Some good source of carbs are brown rice, bake potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, etc

I don’t specifically keep to a diet or shy away from fatty food (our body need some fats too), there are some things that I do beside working out to keep my weight under control

- Take a lot of fibers from greens, they help fill you up and breaks down the fats into smaller bits for burning off
    - Have sufficient calcium, read from a report that having calcium in fat cell helps burns it down faster. One glass of milk for me before bed and first thing in the morning.
    - Don’t take cold drinks with meals, was told cold drinks disrupt the digestion and clot up fats.
    - Drinks lots of water helps the kidney process the impurities.
    - A cup of green tea. Green tea is a good source of natural antioxidant and helps to lose weight.
    - Sugar is the culprit for weight gain... avoid artificial sweet stuffs like cakes, candies, etc.
    - Don’t be obsessed with the scale, starving the body not only slows down the metabolism but also make the body stores fat (for energy source). Sometimes when your weight don’t drop only because you are putting on muscle and burning fat. I prefer to monitor the blood pressure, heart beat rate and overall energy level (by feel), afterall working out should be fun and feel good. Not a big fan of BMI….
    - Have a good mix of cardio and strength workouts. When I’m at the gym I keep switching exercises, never stick to the same routine and keep the body guessing. Helps break fitness plateau.

I’m not a nutritionist or fitness instructor, just sharing my personal routine and opinion. Cheer!

Comment

Carbs are very impt. I went through a strict regime of 2 weeks without any and i couldnt get anything done. Plus i had to drink + entertain on the job and it seems like i tend to get tipsy on just a few drinks.

Nowadays i simply reduce carbs and dont shy away from them anymore. Hate them but they are an extremely impt element of our diet.
      Rolex Submariner 16610 LV
      U-Boat Classico CAS - 53
      Breitling Superocean Steelfish
      TAG Heuer Kirium Chronograph
      TAG Heuer Formula1

Comment

Hi
        I want to share my experience on weights workout. I work until 7 pm daily and start to do my workout with an instructor from 8 pm to 10 pm. This will go on for about 3 times a week. I feel so much better but it makes me come to office late.
        Anyone got any good advise how and when i should do my workout?
        Thanks.

Comment

Cross fit is damn good

Comment

I agree with exercise. but let me know what exercise. that should not affect badly.

Comment

exercise!

Comment

any good supplements to recommend?

Comment

my daily supplement regime consists of vit c (2 x 1000mg), calcium tabs (500mg) and fish oils (for cardiovascular health). Thus far it's effective in curbing colds and flus.

Oh and exercising regularly (4 or more times per week) helps too!

Comment

Gym at macpherson cc anyone here? Finding kakis

Comment

Personally i would rate diet more important than exercising, you may not have the time to exercise but you definitely can afford to eat less!

Comment

hi anyone knows how to cut down on intake of rice...getting old but still love eating rice and tummy getting bigger

Comment

Take brown rice. Better

Comment

I think diet is most important. Eat banana

Comment

White rice is bad due sugar. Change brown rice

Comment

Anyone into indoor rowing?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile