No announcement yet.

Getting in shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In mornings still follow routine from army days , up at o dark thirty push ups , sit ups , 5 mile run . Evenings alternate between practice iajutsu and taiji . As to eating .... if it doesnt move to fast its on the menu . Other than steel pins in knee and ankle from parachute accident in army and bit of shrapnel in lower back still in excellent shape .

Take care of your body and it will take care of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by PJBerri View Post
      Hey guys,

Opened this one to talk about getting in shape. Any queries, feel free to post. I will answer to my best knowledge.

Let me do an intro...

I'm Andy. Very short, small sized guy. Before building up a decent physique, (social)life was kinda pathetic. Asked 10 girls out, 9 will say no. The one who said yes, will look like monster or teletubby.

Too bored and no dates during Poly(after NS), started walking into gym since it doesn't need any dates. Started seeing good results, went more often. From once every other week, eventually trained 5 times a week. Took part in bodybuilding contests, had great fun.

Life has changed since stepping into gym almost 10yrs back.

Most importantly, confidence was boosted, spirit lifted, body feels strong and young. I love it.

I want to share this goodness with people. That's what keeps me going in this job. Not many can tahan a job that requires long hours and no guaranteed income.

Since we're mostly MEN here, I hope you guys take good care of your bodies. You take care of your body, it will give you lots of happiness that money can't buy.
      Well done man

Comment

Hey guys,

Opened this one to talk about getting in shape. Any queries, feel free to post. I will answer to my best knowledge.

Let me do an intro...

I'm Andy. Very short, small sized guy. Before building up a decent physique, (social)life was kinda pathetic. Asked 10 girls out, 9 will say no. The one who said yes, will look like monster or teletubby.

Too bored and no dates during Poly(after NS), started walking into gym since it doesn't need any dates. Started seeing good results, went more often. From once every other week, eventually trained 5 times a week. Took part in bodybuilding contests, had great fun.

Life has changed since stepping into gym almost 10yrs back.

Most importantly, confidence was boosted, spirit lifted, body feels strong and young. I love it.

I want to share this goodness with people. That's what keeps me going in this job. Not many can tahan a job that requires long hours and no guaranteed income.

Since we're mostly MEN here, I hope you guys take good care of your bodies. You take care of your body, it will give you lots of happiness that money can't buy.
        I only got 1 shape is no shape

Comment

• getting in shape for the new year

Comment

• Interesting thread

Comment

• run more often in a week, about 2 to 3 times. Do push ups everyday. Hitting a 100 push ups with regular breaks in between of not more than 1 min and 30 secs. Number of reps should not be fast and should concentrate on the exercise with full extensive motions. Try it!

Comment

regarding a question that seiko.citizen posted on how to lose weight...

This is the bare truth. To lose weight, one needs to:
                1. exercise
                2. have a diet that fits your goal (which is to lose weight)
                3. perform points 1 & 2 together, frequently, consistently, on a lifelong basis

the way you look depends on diet mostly, then training.

Comment

• agreed. just get off your ass and do something. Buy a Garmin if that helps you. Download Zombies Run. Insult a squirrel.

Stop looking at forum =)

Comment

• Getting in shape

Wow great sharing about your story it's really inspiring

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben qiu View Post
                      Wow great sharing about your story it's really inspiring
                      Yup..

Comment

• The most necessary part of losing weight is just to do exercise.

Comment

• The popular trend now is crossfit. Getting in while having fun with like-minded people

Comment

• Brisk walking and control eating...

Comment

• getting into shape

Tried drinking shakes and exercise 5 times a week, progress still very slow..

Comment

• must keep fit

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X