17/07/2010 Heavy Thunderstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17/07/2010 Heavy Thunderstorm

Staying east side. Still road flood to knee. Dunman road have dustbin in the middle of road. Hotel 81 joo chiat flooded.

wonder where else hit.

think today many places also tio flood.

wonder what new reasons will be given again this time for this flood
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

hahaa.. ya loh...

just now me drive along bt timah road.. go work, can see dunearn rd jam, on bt timah side, can see alot of cars spoil leow and near maplewoods, a few cars in the ditch ...

dont tell me 1 yr 30 times... hahaha

Comment

Pl drive with care.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Some people are good at excuses... oops reasoning. See what they got to say. Surely something crappy but to them is correct. Anyway, it's a good night sleep! Shiok!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
          hahaa.. ya loh...

just now me drive along bt timah road.. go work, can see dunearn rd jam, on bt timah side, can see alot of cars spoil leow and near maplewoods, a few cars in the ditch ...

dont tell me 1 yr 30 times... hahaha
          jialet cannot go hm liao.

Comment

till now no updates.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have confidence with our million dollars ass brains.... no doubt!

Comment

I give up liao...

Comment

got updates!

the news say NEA responded saying the recent heavy downpour is connected to the typhoon at China there.

steady hor
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    got updates!

the news say NEA responded saying the recent heavy downpour is connected to the typhoon at China there.

steady hor

blame till nothing to blame.......blame typhoon lor

Comment

Heavy rain causes flash floods in hotspots, leaves trail of damage & disruption
                      By Hetty Musfirah | Posted: 17 July 2010 1318 hrs

Special Report

• Photo Gallery: Flash floods in Singapore, 17 July 2010

SINGAPORE: Heavy and intense rain triggered flash floods and left a trail of damage and disruption, as much of Singapore slept.

The floods were mainly in the hotspots in the eastern and central parts.

The National Environment Agency's Meteorological Services said the downpour was caused by unstable weather conditions in the region, partly brought on by Typhoon Conson.

The downpour started at about 4.40am swiftly wreaking havoc over two hours.

Traffic was hit, congestion was reported along several roads, like Braddell and Upper Thomson.

At one condominium carpark in Bukit Timah, residents fought to save their vehicles but could do little.

Public bus services were disrupted.

Some trees were no match against the wrath of nature.

About 60 people who were stranded were evacuated from about 20 locations islandwide.

In some residential areas like Carlisle Road, the water was knee-high, subsiding only after 30 minutes.

One resident, Jeraldine Lee said: “I woke up early in the morning and the water was everywhere. Water in front of the porch area and the water was covering half of my wheel, and I had to move my vehicle backwards a little just to make sure that no water got in.”

Another resident Rosalyn Lazar said: “We have been sitting in the car until 8.25am, waiting for someone to come and help us and the water came into the car.

“The water outside was more than in the car so I could not open the door. Luckily, the windows were opened, before the engine died. Who do I call? Who do we call in such an emergency? I just felt so powerless.”

Over at Goodman Road, near Tanjong Katong, some residents waited for hours before they could tow their cars to drier ground.

Others said the flood water also knocked out power supply.

Andy Lee, resident at Goodman Road, said: “The power in the house went out. The water level reached a certain level and then tripped the power.”

A resident of this bungalow called the Police for help.

Suzanna Chuang, resident at Goodman Road, said: "I was shocked because I have never seen so much water in the house before. Even the carpark area was flooded."

National water agency, PUB, said during the two-hour downpour, some 178.4 millimetres of rain were recorded in the central areas, while 179.6mm of rain were recorded in the eastern areas.

That's more than the average total monthly rainfall of about 159 millimetres for July.

More showers with thunder can be expected over the next few days.

PUB, Traffic Police and SCDF officers were onsite to help.

PUB said its field teams and contractors have been helping residents and building management to pump out flood water from their premises.

The gates at Marina Barrage were opened to maintain the water level at Marina Reservoir within the normal range.

PUB has advised the public to be careful as flash floods may occur in the event of heavy storms and to report any obstruction in drains or to check the flood situation.

The public can also call PUB's 24-hour Call Centre at 1800-284 6600.

The public can obtain the latest weather reports, including heavy rain warnings, by tuning in to radio broadcasts, calling NEA's weather forecast hotline at 6542 7788, visiting the NEA website or accessing Weather@SG. - CNA/vm

Comment

aiyah its always like this de.

the funny thing is, they cant do anything is it? they can blame every single thing in the world. I don care. I only wanna know moving forward, what they gg to do?
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

They will say they have done a lot of things and are doing a lot of things and will be doing a lot of things but there is still floods around....

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          aiyah its always like this de.

the funny thing is, they cant do anything is it? they can blame every single thing in the world. I don care. I only wanna know moving forward, what they gg to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                            I have confidence with our million dollars ass brains.... no doubt!
                            Bro Frogman, U r wrong already. They are not even fit yo be ass brains. cos they dun even have brains!

I wonder if million $$$ wage annually not enough to feed them??
                            So what wage is enough for these brainless Miglauss team to solve the problem??

Comment

WanBao senior photographer handcuffed for taking pictures fo flood

WanBao senior photographer handcuffed for taking pictures of flood
                              July 17th, 2010 | Author: Online Press

Mr Wu, a senior photographer with LianHeWanBao who went to the scene of flooding at Upper Bukit Timah Road to take pictures of the flood ended up being handcuffed by a Policeman and detained without reasonable cause for over an hour.

Singapore experienced a heavy downpour early saturday morning which caused flooding in Braddell Road, Changi Road, Joo Chiat, Telok Kurau, Geylang and Bukit Timah.

According to Mr Wu, he was at Upper Bukit Timah Road around 7am taking pictures of a car that had been swept onto the road kerb. When he wanted to venture further for more pictures of other cars that were stranded in the knee deep water, a Policeman who was seated in a Police Car nearby put on his rain coat and approached him.

The Policeman asked Mr Wu to leave the scene but Mr Wu politely requested that he be allowed to take a few more pictures. Without any warning, the Policeman took out his handcuff and cuffed Mr Wu’s right hand and pulled him to the side of the road with the handcuff. The Policeman also threatened to bring him back to the Police Station.

Mr Wu then asked the Policeman why he is being handcuffed since he is not a criminal nor did he commit any offence but got no response. He subsequently reach for his handphone wanting to record this incident but the Policeman immediately removed his handcuff and led him to a nearby condominium, forbidding him from leaving claiming an Investigating Officer will be attending to him. He was subsequently allowed to leave after an hour without any further action.

Mr Wu claims that the marks left by the handcuff are still visible after 5 hours, a result of the Policeman pulling on the handcuff while forcing him to leave the scene.

A senior photographer with over 30 years of experience, Mr Wu felt insulted, humiliated and is very angry.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X