Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Cards Related (Promotions, Rebates, Etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Cards Related (Promotions, Rebates, Etc.)

Will probably not renew my current set of credit cards...

What cards do you guys recommend as providing the best in terms of benefits/priviledges?

if u use esso pump, then citibank dividend card is ideal

1) 5% rebate of pump prices
    2) rebates if u use for other purchases

otherwise can consider

1) UOB one card - good for rebates
    2) AMEX platinium card - good for traveling especially if using staralliance airlines.

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post

What cards do you guys recommend as providing the best in terms of benefits/priviledges?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post

Citibank for sure 2 hands down.

Priviledges/benefits are far better than any other cards I ever owned (OCBC, UOB, ABN just to name afew). UOB & HSBC are pretty decent too in terms of priviledges/benefits.

Customer service for Citibank is far superior than any of the service provided by any local and foreign banks (UOB sucks big time by the way). Did I mention that I applied for and got my credit card within a day from Citibank.

Just my 2 cents.
      Pam 232
      Pam 164
      Pam 49

Comment

UOB is pretty good for me. Different card issuers has their own benefits, so not possible to carry them all.

Personally, I like DBS Treasures Black AMEX, no need to Q at the bank counter. Saving time is the biggest privilege to some..
        Current Inventory
        Explorer II Black (M)
        Submariner LV (M)
        Datejust TT
        Omega Speedmaster Date
        Adidas (my 10yrs workhorse)

Comment

Credit Card

What are your favourite credit cards?

Mine:
          - For dining: UOB/Citibank
          - For NTUC: Fairpriceplus
          - For petrol at Caltex: HSBC
          - For General use: Amex PPS Club

Most of my cards are basic, non platinum.

Today I feel honored, recieved invitation by UOB to have their UOB Visa Infinite, which is apparently given by invitation only. Almost fell of my chair, when they stated the annual fee for that card is S$1500 per annum.

I'm just wondering who'll pay for this kind of fee, unless the perks are super good. For a cheapskate person like me, who never pays for credit card annual fee, S$1500 is hell a lot of money. Of course they said they will waive for the 1st year + plenty of perks bla bla. Anyone's holding this card?

I find nowadays all banks offer platinum to customers, which dilute the prestige of the platinum status.
          [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
          [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
          [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
          [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
          [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
          [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Plat? Everyone seems to be carrying it....I rmb seeing some plat cards which min requirement are 30k per annum. I mean...it was something like 50-70k PA...now like so many ppl can afford to get it already

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

http://www.uob.com.sg/pages/personal...ngtelvisa.html

An example of a 30k PA Plat card...

Like this so many ppl can carry plat card already lor

Comment

true, everyone has platinum cards. The real rich one maybe no need cards
                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                  I dun haf Plat card le but I no rich le...
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

UOB Infinity card is for pple earning above 150K per annum or have substantial funds with UOB private wealth dept...the privileges are different from plat card...it includes activities like attending a derby , polo race and definitely better privileges. it's by invitation only and yes the annual fee is $1500..well, u can ask for waiver in year 2....worthwhile getting it if ya invited...it's at par with amex top tier plat card (note that they've normal plat credit, plat reserve and pure plat types)

cheers

james
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

banks can issue platinium card easily. with 6k credit limit also can.

anyway, i dont qualify to be invited by banks for their cards, will never get invited one.

if u fly often, having a credit card that ties to the airline u travel is useful. also buy watch use that card, can chalk up miles and redeem free tickets. imagine buying a lange or patek then get a free trip to bali or something. my friend miles can fly to the moon and back twice liao. his boss, can travel to dunno which outer planet already.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

invite but 1k+ siow... my dad also got 1, thn realise got to pay 1k+ .. he cancel immeidately.. hahhaa

also, as a merchant, the merchant rate is higher if customer uses plat...wht u think ?? merchant/ retailer like yr plat card ??

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                          UOB Infinity card is for pple earning above 150K per annum or have substantial funds with UOB private wealth dept...the privileges are different from plat card...it includes activities like attending a derby , polo race and definitely better privileges. it's by invitation only and yes the annual fee is $1500..well, u can ask for waiver in year 2....worthwhile getting it if ya invited...it's at par with amex top tier plat card (note that they've normal plat credit, plat reserve and pure plat types)

cheers

james
                          Ooh...then now I know how much Hary earn already

Comment

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                            Yeah...true. I prefer CASH only...but can use CASH ONLY...coz I cannot apply CC yet

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Yeah...true. I prefer CASH only...but can use CASH ONLY...coz I cannot apply CC yet
                              get debit card lah........... i have not bad, my a/c under A$100 , so nothing even if lose it

I also apply for UOB visa debit, act like CC, but using savings, still havent receive yet.

But hor, if you are very rich, the CC is useless, since your cash reserves already exceed what the bank can give in credit
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X