No announcement yet.

Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unless one is really very rich, if not the serious amount of depreciation jus doesn't justified for a brand new one

Comment

If price is good and condition is better, I don't mind preowned.

Comment

i get preown.... condition is good...

Comment

will get pre-owned..
          but as mentioned by other members, what do i need to know from pre-owned watches? ( service history ? condition of the watch ? AD stamp ? will there be difficulties in getting the watch serviced, if name on warranty card differs from current owner? )

Sorry to have asked alot of noob question.

Comment

Pantang or bad luck aside, my reasons are more practical having bought both BN n pre-owned watches before.
            Go for BNIB if:
            a) You cannot bear to see any scratch or dent on your watch
            b) You do not wish to spend extra on servicing or parts
            c) You are rich & do not mind spending extra few thousand to get peace of mind
            d) You are sure you do not mind your watch depreciating significantly as soon as you buy it

Go for pre-owned if:
            a) You do not mind slight scratches or dents
            b) You are buying from reputable place or if you can be sure watch is authentic
            c) The particular watch is no longer in production
            d) The savings compared to the new watch is most important to you

Comment

Unless there's a streak of bad luck with the previous owner(s), I'm inclined to purchase pre-owned. For the simple reason that there's less loss incurred when selling!

Comment

Used to have the same thinking that I can't wear anything that isn't new. Who knows what the watch has been through. But after lurking around, I found an owner that is into horology and really takes care of his watch.

Comment

bought my Ball 60sec 2nd hand in 2008 from ... erm that shop in Funan Level 2. as long its in a good condition and from a trusted source, i think its fine.
                  Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels good until you realise you're screwing yourself...~

Comment

Originally posted by eping View Post
                    bought my Ball 60sec 2nd hand in 2008 from ... erm that shop in Funan Level 2. as long its in a good condition and from a trusted source, i think its fine.
                    is that shop Passions?How is it? I know there is a BNIB 2011 Hulk in their showcase.

Comment

I always love to find the good preowned.

Comment

Preowned from reliable source for me!

Comment

Preowned if in good condition otherwise buy new is the best option!

Comment

Won't able to tell such history, I believe preown shop not know too

Comment

brand new for first timers!

Comment

Preown watches are good for a start if you know you'll change your mind after awhile. At least you won't make such a big loss

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X