No announcement yet.

Brand new or pre-owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With those with little depreciation like PP brand new is better and more meaningful if you want to keep for long.

Comment

Well there r cases of really good cond ones & if verified by a third party to b authentic why not make the purchase if the prices are much different frm the original

Comment

Preowned at a reliable shop,

Comment

Will buy brand new hard to get SS ones.

But definitely pre-owned for the bling bling gold ones.

Comment

Bought my first automatic watch(tag heuer aquaracer) and my first rolex both brand new. Mostly for the experience and feelings, paid extra for that compared to pre owned though. 😔

Comment

Preowned if i want to sell later brand if i'm going to keep it

Comment

Brand New for me

Comment

Pre-owned if it's out of budget. Brand new if I'm certain that l will not sell it

Comment

I would prefer a brand new watch as I don't want to keep wondering who is the previous owner and the possible reasons for selling it away.

Comment

Brand new for me... as i am not selling it anyway...

Comment

Pre-owned as long as in good condition. Not too "pantang".

Comment

Preowned for me!

Comment

pre-owned for sure! ui get to save $$$$

Comment

I am about to buy my first Rolex, (I have a hand me down circa 70's).
                              Am debating whether to buy pre-loved or brand new...and which model as well

Comment

pre-owned with full package is fine
                                Originally posted by commoner View Post
                                Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X