Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feilong108
    replied
    hehehe..i simply want a Deepsea at 6k....bad luck or not i will revert back to the seller after i wear for 5years...hehehehe....kidding nia....

Leave a comment:

• Seventh Son
    replied
    Ha! I dun believe in bad luck either. Try selling me a super duper bad luck WG Daytona for half price, even die I'll die a happy man

Leave a comment:

• hst
    replied
    I don't have any issue with pre-owned watches in good condition. I find it difficult to believe a watch is able to influence the fate or luck of an individual. But that's just me

Leave a comment:

• Seventh Son
    replied
    I will buy preowned with at least 98% condition and from reputable seller at a fair price. Local, overseas or outer space sets dun bother me at all as long as its genuine. Buying from pawnshops is definitely a BIG NO NO for me. The history of those pawnshop pieces bothers me and most of the time, those watches at pawnshops are quite beat up.

Leave a comment:

• pegasi
    replied
    I am a junk collector...clocks & watches, old toys, furnitures, junk from all over the world and over the decades...

So you know what my answer would be

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    For me i usually go the pre-owned pieces as i do not have massive nor deep pockets for BNIB...and i have no pangtang issues regarding the previous owner history of fortune or misfortune...as long watch condition,package,price are met to my expectations, i pull the trigger for the watch....

Leave a comment:

• Ender
    replied
    Originally posted by commoner View Post
    Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers
    i wish a friend would give me a IWC .. in fact, casio or seiko also can...

to answer your query... out of sight, out of mind.
    if i know that a 2nd-hand piece offered to me had some unfortunate history to it, I wld probably give it a miss. otherwise, the costs savings is too much for me to give up altogether on the grey market.

ender

Leave a comment:

• Fengy
    replied
    Hmmmm, history of the watch?

I think if the history is such that the guys lost money and hence has to sell the watch at a lower price then: His bad luck , my very good fortune!

I mean seriously, unless the watch is "haunted" which means that a spirit follows it everywhere it goes, i will have no qualms purchasing it, of course at a price that i feel is reasonable. However, my best watch (meaning the one i will like to keep properly and treasure to pass down to posterity) must be new. period

Any other watch following that can go through grey hands, black hands, dirty hands, i dont really care, as long as it has been cleaned and polished well enough w/o any major blemish

Speaking about preowned, really long to purchase a pre-owned BALL Hydrocarbon classic series at a good price say sub-$1000.... i know ... its tough but i will keep on looking...

Leave a comment:

• commoner
    started a topic Brand new or pre-owned?

Brand new or pre-owned?

Been lurking in this forum for sometime liao.

Except for my 1st pre-owned Rolex 6694 and IWC portofino (a gift), all my watches are bought new. 6694 is worn by my brother, and I knew my friend who gave me the IWC well.

Really love seeing many watches selling here, and ebay, but never get myyself to take a step further. Being a kiasu chinese middle age fellow, and to think myself going to spend multiple thousands to buy a 2nd hand watch, it is so damn difficult. Knowing myself, I will be wondering why the guy sells his watch (whether bad luck or something), lost on the race track or whatever if I buy it. Don't think I will have that peace of mind should something bad happens when wearing a pre-owned watch. not knowing its history. Don't think I wll ever buy from a pawn shop for sure.

So I will continue to save my blood and sweat money to pursue my new 14060m and solid gold rolex or give it all up for just a PP aquanaut/nautilus. It will be a slow and tedious process I am sure, but I will enjoy the fruits of the hard labor.

How many of you are of the same thinking?

Does the history of the watch affect your purchase?

cheers

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X