Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are u PROUD of Singapore's Olympics Win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, don't know how will their relatives and friends look at them back in China... since now the China heat is so hot... really really feel bad for them... we should give them a little support, at least we are holding the same color IC...

At least we should be happy for their victory but not to reject them from us. Making friends is better than making foes...

Originally posted by leslie View Post
    if I were them, I play liao also stress..with hu jintao staring at you...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      Also, don't know how will their relatives and friends look at them back in China... since now the China heat is so hot... really really feel bad for them... we should give them a little support, at least we are holding the same color IC...

At least we should be happy for their victory but not to reject them from us. Making friends is better than making foes...
      yah lor..like GCT always say: let's move on.. LOL

Comment

Intro You?? SORRY BRO... U not suitable lah... Bcos you you din try to look smart by saying something awfully self inflicting!!

Nooch more suitable bcos he thinks his two liners are gd enough for Singapore mah.......

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
        Me wan leh... in need of a higher pay job... no $ liao.. damn cham..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

china produces alot good table tennis players. other than china top 5, i dont think those china born players playing for their adopting countries will stand a chance to represent their country.

it is almost every athelete dream to have a chance to play in olympics or @ any world sporting event. this is because it is pinnacle to show to the world that im the best.

if these players are to stay back in china, no chance, at least if they represent another country, they stand a chance. mind you, they really raise the local standard of competition.

in the working world, it is the same. the company i work in employs foreign talent as well, but you dont see the local staff giving them the cold shoulder. company employ foreign talent for many reasons.

in the end, we need to understand why locals dont want to undertake some jobs like training for sports full-time. if locals are willing to train full-time, believe me that we dont need to import these talents. i have full admiration for the water polo team, they have won the gold @ almost every SEA games, but why not the ASEAN. the reason is simple, in other countries, there are leagues where they play for a living, here, do we have? i was once in their training camp, they train and play because of commitment, desire. i dropped off because i dont have ENOUGH commitment and desire.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Allow me to quote:

"if these players are to stay back in china, no chance, at least if they represent another country, they stand a chance. mind you, they really raise the local standard of competition."

"in the end, we need to understand why locals dont want to undertake some jobs like training for sports full-time. if locals are willing to train full-time, believe me that we dont need to import these talents."

My sentiments exactly. I was talking to family and friends over this and felt likewise.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ya loh, if i am a chinese number 1 player, i sure stay put in china, all multi millionaire leh....salary, benefit & pension frm gov... not forgetting those endorsement, prviate sponsor, advert etc... if i girl, beautiful...woo, can get multi millionaire hubby ... ...hahahhaa

there's no yes or no to the Q proud not ... against gov move or not to bring these players to play for us.... most important, these players already come in to sg leow, play for us, we must show support ... jst like any foreign co-worker tht come in to join our company.

Comment

If you looked at history, Singapore is an immigrant country. Most of our fore-father came from other countries.

I think giving up one's citizenship is a huge decision and not one to be made easily. Money itself is not enough. Singapore does not allow dual citizenship. I think those who convert to be Singaporean (half-way) should be welcomed into our society and culture.

Therefore, for the three ladies - they have my support and admiration and they have done Singapore proud.

Comment

lee jia wei going back to china liao..LOL..silver still goes to china..

funny vids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgMhWkJ06NQ

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                    lee jia wei going back to china liao..LOL..silver still goes to china..

funny vids..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgMhWkJ06NQ
                    Yes this is what happening to foreign talent. We singaporean got family here we will stay. FT earn enough liao leave for their mum, dad, brothers in China. I don't support FT. Worse thing is this is all tax payer $$. Scholarships, jobs all gone. Yet they can say you singaporean should work harder. Hahaha.
                    Last edited by teo; 24-08-08, 03:32 PM.
                    Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
                    Rolex LV submariner
                    Rolex TT black submariner
                    Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
                    Rolex Non date submariner
                    Rolex Explorer2
                    More...

Comment

she wants to retire leow mah... sg too ex... go bck china cheaper mah

anyway, was reading papers, chinese gold medalist get abt 150,000 euros, tht's abt S$300K+ ..wow tht's quite alot, considering bonus, gov benefit pension etc aside... thn hor got advert/ private sponsor etc...1 article say the chinese 110 hurdles liu xiang income frm last yr was US$20+ M from endorsement, advert etc... wow lau wei... sg sportmans wait long long ah... how to make so much $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                        Yes this is what happening to foreign talent. We singaporean got family here we will stay. FT earn enough liao leave for their mum, dad, brothers in China. I don't support FT. Worse thing is this is all tax payer $$. Scholarships, jobs all gone. Yet they can say you singaporean should work harder. Hahaha.
                        correct lor..we sell all our rolex also not so easy to run away..but all these people staying in ivory towers are importing FTs by truck loads..

Comment

So now Singapore wins silver or China wins silver leh?

Comment

So now Singapore wins silver or China wins silver leh?
                            singapore , city of china mah ... hahhahhahaha

well, hmmm, tht's wht most american always say...
                            where r u frm ? ...
                            spore. .....
                            where ?
                            China? i think abt 30%

other guesses =
                            Japan, thailand, vietnam, malaysia, indonesia, southeast asia ( this 1 closest )

Comment

Will they display the silver medal at somewhere, e.g. museum, or they will take it back to China?

I want to see it leh...

Comment

Will they display the silver medal at somewhere, e.g. museum, or they will take it back to China?

I want to see it leh...
                                wnt to see ah ? maybe at ebay kanna auction ... hahahhaa

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X