Build "relationship" with your AD? Can?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encounter Pt 1

Walked into one THG here to enquire for Sub date. AD said no stock. Halfway browsing in shop, AD returned from store room and claimed to make a mistake. Showed me one Sub date and said selling only at list price (7931 in Nov 07). Strictly no discount. I said consider and AD said only 1 pc left and many of his "regular customers" in the waiting list! If I want, I take now. If not, he'll call the next customer in the list !!
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Walked into one THG here to enquire for Sub date. AD said no stock. Halfway browsing in shop, AD returned from store room and claimed to make a mistake. Showed me one Sub date and said selling only at list price (7931 in Nov 07). Strictly no discount. I said consider and AD said only 1 pc left and many of his "regular customers" in the waiting list! If I want, I take now. If not, he'll call the next customer in the list !!
      Crap 1 la...hahaha just to make you think you are that "exclusive" and psycho you to buy

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

another way to save up som money..get gst claims when u purchase watches at AD..maybe tru ur frenz overseas or customers..

Comment

No matter you have good relationship or bad relationship with your ADs, anyone also can claim GST if you are not Singaporean or working here....
          Originally posted by melfiz View Post
          another way to save up som money..get gst claims when u purchase watches at AD..maybe tru ur frenz overseas or customers..

Comment

the watch must accompany the buyer. @ the refund counter which is located after the customs, you will have to show your watch, does not mean ur friend take the refund form to claim while you keep the watch here.

not that easy unless you got plans to travel on the same day as your friend so that u can get the watch after the customs.

Originally posted by melfiz View Post
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

triton, sometimes no need to ask your friend/relative to take your watch of the country... the reason? When you get a good discount from your AD, they will only put "One watch" instead of putting "one rolex watch model ###", in detail in the invoice...

So you can just put a "dummy" watch in a box and let your friend/relative go claim the tax

Originally posted by triton View Post
              the watch must accompany the buyer. @ the refund counter which is located after the customs, you will have to show your watch, does not mean ur friend take the refund form to claim while you keep the watch here.

not that easy unless you got plans to travel on the same day as your friend so that u can get the watch after the customs.

Comment

Let me cite some examples that i appreciate the small things that AD did for me (i wld say my r/s with AD is ok) and i'm not sure if this is common for some of you...

1. If they can't offer me the disc/price that i wanted during a negotiation, he'll try to throw in something ie. original leather strap from that brand (normally costs around $400 or more) or other things...

2. Kept a watch for me in their safe for few days because i couldn't decide (Sinn U1)

3. I can get accessories at a much better disc

4. FOC watch mags even if i dun ask for it when i'm at the boutique just browsing...

5. Receives greeting cards during festive seasons..

price wise, i would say it's competitive..because i'll tell him straight away to give me a better price if i find it higher than what other ADs are quoting me. If he can't do it, then i'll buy from the other ADs (put it this way, i've given him an opportunity to close a deal. but for whatever reasons his prices are higher then too bad). Normally, i get slightly better disc for house brands.

cheers.

james
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

yes, this method i know.

if they dont check the watch is ok. but if they do, and they know the value, cannot claim. worst, blacklisted.

i know of several people kena caught @ customs before. so some AD more careful liao.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  triton, sometimes no need to ask your friend/relative to take your watch of the country... the reason? When you get a good discount from your AD, they will only put "One watch" instead of putting "one rolex watch model ###", in detail in the invoice...

So you can just put a "dummy" watch in a box and let your friend/relative go claim the tax
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                    Let me cite some examples that i appreciate the small things that AD did for me (i wld say my r/s with AD is ok) and i'm not sure if this is common for some of you...

1. If they can't offer me the disc/price that i wanted during a negotiation, he'll try to throw in something ie. original leather strap from that brand (normally costs around $400 or more) or other things...

2. Kept a watch for me in their safe for few days because i couldn't decide (Sinn U1)

3. I can get accessories at a much better disc

4. FOC watch mags even if i dun ask for it when i'm at the boutique just browsing...

5. Receives greeting cards during festive seasons..

price wise, i would say it's competitive..because i'll tell him straight away to give me a better price if i find it higher than what other ADs are quoting me. If he can't do it, then i'll buy from the other ADs (put it this way, i've given him an opportunity to close a deal. but for whatever reasons his prices are higher then too bad). Normally, i get slightly better disc for house brands.

cheers.

james
                    i don't think using prices as the only gauge is fair....we should factor in privileges, preferential treatment and service quality as well.

cheers

james

Current collection
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV

Comment

yes... service is very important but we can get very good service from PI dealers also. The only difference is that you are facing a more well-dressed person and a better renovated place when you buying a watch from our ADs.

The thing is that whether you buy rolex from local ADs or PIs, you can still service or repair it from RSC. On the other hand, if you buy a BMW or Honda from PIs, you can't service or fix your car at their workshops.

So other than what you (wolfeyes1974) had mentioned, unless I see any bros who had bought a Daytona at list price after years in waiting list or anything similar... I don't see why we have to spend more money to build a long term relationship with the ADs leh....

BTW, wolfeyes, are you born in 1974?

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                      i don't think using prices as the only gauge is fair....we should factor in privileges, preferential treatment and service quality as well.

cheers

james

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        yes... service is very important but we can get very good service from PI dealers also. The only difference is that you are facing a more well-dressed person and a better renovated place when you buying a watch from our ADs.

The thing is that whether you buy rolex from local ADs or PIs, you can still service or repair it from RSC. On the other hand, if you buy a BMW or Honda from PIs, you can't service or fix your car at their workshops.

So other than what you (wolfeyes1974) had mentioned, unless I see any bros who had bought a Daytona at list price after years in waiting list or anything similar... I don't see why we have to spend more money to build a long term relationship with the ADs leh....

BTW, wolfeyes, are you born in 1974?
                        perhaps you're right, bro...hahaha

yes yes, born in 1974...

cheers

james

Current collection
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

if buy from PI who does not have a shop, then when u want to add an extra link, have to got to RSC direct unless thick skin enough to go to any AD to ask them to do it.

as mentioned previously, i managed to get special pricing on sinn ladies MOP. also managed to secure 50% for anonimo watches for one forum member here.

also i get free mag, dont need to buy.

getting free leather straps is a bonus because leather straps wear out faster compared to bracelet. so it means a saving of about 400 when using original straps.

also limited edition pieces sometimes very hard to get, AD will keep aside for preferred customers.

im not saying that buying from PI/AD is good or bad. you pay a higher price @ AD because they got rental cost, staff cost, etc to cover.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

1. with the money I saved buying from PIs, I can subscribe 5 years of watch magazines send to my doorstep.
                            2. how come I have to pay for my leather straps for my PAM from my AD?
                            3. I can always "cut queue" by paying the premium ADs is asking for those limited edition watches... they will always say,"let me check my safe, OH, you're paying cash... let me see, HA, there is one, please wait for 10 minutes" and you will see a big smile on their faces....

Originally posted by triton View Post
                            if buy from PI who does not have a shop, then when u want to add an extra link, have to got to RSC direct unless thick skin enough to go to any AD to ask them to do it.

as mentioned previously, i managed to get special pricing on sinn ladies MOP. also managed to secure 50% for anonimo watches for one forum member here.

also i get free mag, dont need to buy.

getting free leather straps is a bonus because leather straps wear out faster compared to bracelet. so it means a saving of about 400 when using original straps.
                            also limited edition pieces sometimes very hard to get, AD will keep aside for preferred customers.

im not saying that buying from PI/AD is good or bad. you pay a higher price @ AD because they got rental cost, staff cost, etc to cover.

Comment

Sorry, but just to make things clear... I am not trying to against people from buying from ADs.... I always buy from ADs too... let me count.. I think I have bought about 8 watches from ADs and very happy with their service and price...

Comment

Encounter Pt 2

Got to know WOS AD from friend. AD and friend very close relationship because friend is regular. We were introduced. Trusted friend's recommendation and AD. Approached AD w/o doing homework and immediately bought a watch from him, thinking I got the best discount. WRONG! Found out later that any walk-in customer gets the same, if not better discount. Blame myself for being a sucker.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X