What Shares To Invest?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
    (..) Forgot to add CPF not cut, ministers' pay not cut. so situation not as bad.
    minister pay cut? i think more like pay rise (to battle inflation)
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Let the bloodshed continue this week...
      The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Food for thought:
        Sep 97 - Aug 98: STI dropped from 1954 to 856: -56.2% (average estimates)
        Nov 07 - Oct 08: STI dropped from 3803 to 1600: -57.9% (average estimates)

The above figures are for 1 year period.

Are we near the bottom?

From Aug 98 to Jul 07: STI rises from 856 to 3651: +326.5% (10 yr period)
        From Nov 08 to Oct 18: STI may rise from 1600 to 5226: +326.5% (10 yr period - projection only)

What do you all think?

Comment

Even with the market upswing these few days... I am still not convinced that we have reached the bottom and are already rebounding...

Central banks are offering credit to stem the credit crunch. But what is really happening to real physical economies are still unclear. Central Banks limiting the credit crunch is only addressing the symptoms, it doesn't really address the needs of businesses (lack of business).

We are in recession, and this is only the start. How long it will last... no one knows. But everyone agrees that this will be a long and hard one. MM says 3 to 5 years to recover, I wouldn't argue with him on that. If 80% of the companies announced reduced earnings... losses, etc during year close. Guess where the market will be heading?

And the other big thing that hasn't really hit us is retrenchment (unemployment rate). I think there will be another bloodbath after Chinese New Year... where employers (still Asian anyway) are still sympathetic and not let employees goes before CNY.

Hungary announced that they MAY (when they say may, I am sure it WILL happen) tap into USD25billion IMF loan. Again, this may be the tip of the iceberg. Hungary is the first, who knows how many countries may go the same route?

Sigh... not trying to sound super negative... but am just trying to be realistic.

aiya... buy rolex lah. Safe bet.
          The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Totally agreed with your last sentence!

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
            Even with the market upswing these few days... I am still not convinced that we have reached the bottom and are already rebounding...

Central banks are offering credit to stem the credit crunch. But what is really happening to real physical economies are still unclear. Central Banks limiting the credit crunch is only addressing the symptoms, it doesn't really address the needs of businesses (lack of business).

We are in recession, and this is only the start. How long it will last... no one knows. But everyone agrees that this will be a long and hard one. MM says 3 to 5 years to recover, I wouldn't argue with him on that. If 80% of the companies announced reduced earnings... losses, etc during year close. Guess where the market will be heading?

And the other big thing that hasn't really hit us is retrenchment (unemployment rate). I think there will be another bloodbath after Chinese New Year... where employers (still Asian anyway) are still sympathetic and not let employees goes before CNY.

Hungary announced that they MAY (when they say may, I am sure it WILL happen) tap into USD25billion IMF loan. Again, this may be the tip of the iceberg. Hungary is the first, who knows how many countries may go the same route?

Sigh... not trying to sound super negative... but am just trying to be realistic.

aiya... buy rolex lah. Safe bet.

Comment

Have already.... thank you for offering...

Originally posted by roosterkkk
              Agree... buy my Milgauss la...heheheheh

Comment

Originally posted by Vknighthawke View Post
                BUY CITYDEV. Anything below $6 just buy and HOLD. GO LONG, keep till it reaches $10...
                Sold my CityDev at $10 today...
                Portfolio was down 35k during the low.....
                Now all back Up
                HUAT AH!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vknighthawke View Post
                  Sold my CityDev at $10 today...
                  Portfolio was down 35k during the low.....
                  Now all back Up
                  HUAT AH!!!!!!!
                  Sweee lah...it pays to hold!

Now huat big big liao...getting the GMT IIc from your friend?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Sweee lah...it pays to hold!

Now huat big big liao...getting the GMT IIc from your friend?
                    The Gmt IIC sold liao..No money to get at that time, $$ all stuck...
                    Thought of getting another Rolex, will pm you for your Wisdom yeah...

Comment

ya loh... siao market, let me wake up early every morning, to on comp b4 market start. .... %^#*(^!@^(#%$#

kepland, siao also, today close $2.71 ... NNB, those bought it low in march make at least $3 leow ( considering rights )

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                        ya loh... siao market, let me wake up early every morning, to on comp b4 market start. .... %^#*(^!@^(#%$#

kepland, siao also, today close $2.71 ... NNB, those bought it low in march make at least $3 leow ( considering rights )
                        UnclePet, U r hardworking man. As the saying goes, early bird gets the worm. At end of day, Did u get the worm ?

Conclusion, r u also one of the kepland investors who bought in March ? HUAT CAI lah !
                        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
                          UnclePet, U r hardworking man. As the saying goes, early bird gets the worm. At end of day, Did u get the worm ?

Conclusion, r u also one of the kepland investors who bought in March ? HUAT CAI lah !
                          no lah... i buy hi thn sell low ... hehehee... thn can get rich like some big sg funds ..

most of may... after ex-date... +/- 10cent of $2 nia. last few days siao lah ( after rights trading period ) ... up up up nia... jst few days back was ... close at 2.13 ...thn follow by 2.32... thn close at 2.46... thn now close 2.71... hahahhaa

Comment

Aiya... I sold my shares 2 weeks ago... never think the market will continue to be so crazy... I wonder who is entering market now??? Read about Temasek buy 10%+ shares of OLAM at $1.60... how come they can buy at a discount one???

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              Aiya... I sold my shares 2 weeks ago... never think the market will continue to be so crazy... I wonder who is entering market now???
                              A certain Ms Ho C......

Comment

alot of discount going on leh...

tht day i kanna on genting... hi til 90.. close i think 865, thn tow kay sell. ... drop drop, now btw 71 - 74...

thn i kanna again on swiber ... knn, 1.0+ .. placement 88, but i see market strong leh from 90 - 100 range... close not tht bad 995. some more large vol.

heng ah, these 2 i abit nia

any news on other kow kay want to sell, placement, rights etc 1 or not... dont 1 to get caught ... hahaha... i think glc start all these call for these rghts etc.. now other co also follow leow

any counter to kai siow ?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X