No announcement yet.

What Shares To Invest?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as there is market movement, me will be in! Either go in Long or Short..
    Went Short on Cosco from the opening bell, covered my position when it hit 0.78... Lots of people Lost Big Time when it Plunged ytd..
    Now waiting for CityDev to drop then will buy in again..haha

Comment

That is why I mentioned :
      Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      I've made steps to take a 180 deg abt turn strategy liao.... i.e. Not looking at how the counters are gaining but the opposite...
      Cashed in before lunch yesterday and was already in tune for today's performance... Think PW.. ahahhahahah

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

index dropped 68pt... opportunity coming again...

Comment

Actually... what's really scary about the stock market are how fast and furious it rise and fall. If we really think about it... the economy doesn't suddenly change overnight just because of some bad or good news...

I did expect markets to pick up after the EU meeting on Sunday. And factor in profit-taking from the losses last week.. but still... the swing is dramatic. And then everything stopped in its tracks today. Was today so different from yesterday?

It just shows how fickle we humans are...

And I hope Krugman is right that last Sunday's decision is the turning point of this crisis. And I'm happy that he landed the Nobel Prize. Didn't waste my money buying his books. But if we really want to learn something ... read Charles Handy and Kenneth Boulding. They taught me to understand what all this means far more than all the economic books combined.

P.S. I, somehow, think I might get some heat from posting this... but hey... that's the way it is, isn't it?
          The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Yup... I agree to you on the confusion of today's performance against yesterday's but when HSI opened yesterday, had it opened fast and furious, it would have stirred a rally, however, it did not. But rather seem to be stalling.. so that made me change my game plan before lunch...
            Maybe be a good thing to put some small sum on PW....

FTSE down 7.4%...
            DJIA down 3.5%...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Maket Plunge, CITYDEV down to $6.82, Waiting to BUY BUY BUY

Comment

STI closed at 1600.28......

SHARES UPDATE!!!!! 24/10/2008

Noble Grp $0.470
                DBS $10.040
                Capitaland $2.580
                China XLX $0.280
                CITYDEV $6.100
                Sino-Env $0.430
                SPC $2.080
                SPH $3.310
                StarHub $2.100
                Venture $4.420
                Semb Corp $1.830

Straits Times Index closed at 1,600.28 !!!! -145.39 HUAT AH!!!!

Comment

The end of the world!!!

Originally posted by mazingerz View Post
                  SHARES UPDATE!!!!! 24/10/2008

Noble Grp $0.470
                  DBS $10.040
                  Capitaland $2.580
                  China XLX $0.280
                  CITYDEV $6.100
                  Sino-Env $0.430
                  SPC $2.080
                  SPH $3.310
                  StarHub $2.100
                  Venture $4.420
                  Semb Corp $1.830

Straits Times Index closed at 1,600.28 !!!! -145.39 HUAT AH!!!!

Comment

As grave and real as the economy and the credit crunch is... it doesn't warrant the kind of panic that the world markets are showing...

It is just the exact opposite of irrational exuberance... whatever it is... its totally irrational...
                    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

roosterkkk, hopefully you're right. Bought some blue chips on Thursday (23Oct2008), thought market will bounce on Friday, instead got burn a bit. Luckily earned a bit for the past 3 weeks from playing contra.... keeping my fingers cross now...

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                      End of the world????

No No No ... begining of a new world.
                      Opportunity for ppl to turn fortunes around.
                      Many rich ppl will become normal, while some normal ppl will sieze opportunity and turn fortunes around..
                      Slowly go thru sieve thru' the "crushed" stock and pick up some good blue chips. Lock them in for 2-3 years..
                      I believe the returns will be good...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        roosterkkk, hopefully you're right. Bought some blue chips on Thursday (23Oct2008), thought market will bounce on Friday, instead got burn a bit. Luckily earned a bit for the past 3 weeks from playing contra.... keeping my fingers cross now...
                        now still can play contra???tot got new regulations on it liao...hmm....
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

As long as you buy and sell within the grace period given by your bank's broker, you only need to pay the difference at the due date if stock price is down. If stock price is up, the bank will send you a cheque

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          now still can play contra???tot got new regulations on it liao...hmm....

Comment

Yes, you are right... I don't recommend ppl to play contra too... it is just somehow for the past 2-3 weeks, the stock market trend were the same, once the market has a big drop of 2-3 market day, I buy. And lucky enough, the market went up the following week (like monday and tuesday), so I sell loh... been doing this for the past 2-3 weeks....

Of course I buy only when there is a "big" drop in the market like thursday's market but never know friday drop somemore... ha ha.... so now has to stick to your strategy, hold on to these blue chips and lock away...

LKY is one of the GREATEST Politician in the world. On the other hand, in the I don't really believe in his idea on the finanical market.

116520, I am no stock guru..
                            I do not recommend contra trading in today's volatile market.
                            However I do encourage picking up bit by bit blue chips stocks and lock away.
                            As LKY said, unless some banking fundamentals go wrong, the economy will return in 2-3 yrs..
                            I have lots of respect for LKY.
                            Most importantly, u must hv holding power..
                            Last edited by 116520; 25-10-08, 12:22 PM.

Comment

bearish market

End of the world????

No No No ... begining of a new world.
                              Opportunity for ppl to turn fortunes around.
                              Many rich ppl will become normal, while some normal ppl will sieze opportunity and turn fortunes around..
                              Slowly go thru sieve thru' the "crushed" stock and pick up some good blue chips. Lock them in for 2-3 years..
                              I believe the returns will be good...
                              yup agreed,,, as long as u know when to sell it... dont be too greedy...
                              this malfunction of bank section will greatly affect the rest of the sections.. buy in blue chips and wait....
                              good time to invest.. waiting DBS <$6... capitaland <$2

Comment

When DBS<$6, capitaland<$2, you will looking forward for DBS<$3, capitaland<$1....

Now mkt already drop close to SARS level... so unless more bad news coming, e.g. Sands go busted, SARS again, USA war with Iran, etc... Now consider as RELATIVELY (don't say I misleading huh...) low.... ha ha....

Originally posted by mazingerz View Post
                                yup agreed,,, as long as u know when to sell it... dont be too greedy...
                                this malfunction of bank section will greatly affect the rest of the sections.. buy in blue chips and wait....
                                good time to invest.. waiting DBS <$6... capitaland <$2

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X