What Shares To Invest?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think we are quite near bottom yet
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      When DBS<$6, capitaland<$2, you will looking forward for DBS<$3, capitaland<$1....

Now mkt already drop close to SARS level... so unless more bad news coming, e.g. Sands go busted, SARS again, USA war with Iran, etc... Now consider as RELATIVELY (don't say I misleading huh...) low.... ha ha....
      bro, it is just the beginning of bear in SGX... so be prepared,,, DBS <$6 not analyased by me hahaha.. SARS outbreak and financial breakdown are 2different issues which affect the shares price...

If the malfunction of banks not recover within 2years, it will lead to depression where high unemployment willl kick in...

My fren in US semi-con company had already been retrenched... jobless now, need to pay for his big car and condo...
      OT:
      yesterday all petroleum price had been reduced to $1.6~$1.7++, but PUB still increased the electricity bill by 20%!
      Last edited by mazingerz; 25-10-08, 01:44 PM.

Comment

DBS < $6,
        capitaland <$2,
        Noble grp <$0.40
        starhub ???

Comment

current price abt 5 yr ago prices.

prop counter kanna ore bak kat, but still not tht low.

i rem the lowest i paid for kepland ( abt 8 - 9 yrs back i think ) .. was 52cents... the lowest i recall trsnsacted was abt 47cents... last yr, highest was abt $9+ .. now less thn $1.7 .... i think there's still down side... read capitaland CEO article... on hold all prop purchae/ investment... i think he see prop to go down next yr.

as for property prices ( not shares )... my frd say next yr prop pricces mati, cos lotsa TOP ( project complete ) next yr & follwing, so those who opt for deffered payment til TOP... cham...plus if bank refuse to lend, low return, no demand, no new investment, no FT, company shrink operation, pull out etc.. gonna contribute to prices mati....

Comment

Never buy a stock because you think it is cheap.
            Buy when the market is fearful.
            Look at the trading volumes, it is not fearful now.
            Can see greed in the market.

Comment

sounds familiar...

Originally posted by cymon View Post
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

How to see if the market now is fearful now?
                Lots of my friends, relatives, media, etc ask me not to put money into stock market... is this a fearful market?

Originally posted by cymon View Post

Comment

fearful market = lack of cash inflow to market (ie. everyone holding onto cash in large volumes, starving the market of desperately needed investment funds for growth)
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

New regulation is on playing "short". You cannot play short over the same period as doing a contra. But you CAN play short if the transaction is done on the same day itself.
                    Short is selling before buying.....
                    Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    now still can play contra???tot got new regulations on it liao...hmm....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                    - GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I do generally agree that playing contra is very risky during this period, but if you are familiar with shares and warrants, exercising your warrant play (put) over this period and contra (if you are unable to pay out in full or no holding power) still offers some benefits.

BUT definitely one should ONLY play within its means... If you play, must know where to stop to reduce the damage done.....

be careful. If you made some profits, you can afford to burn some but NEVER over commit....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

the master has spoken

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

sti haven't reach 800 point yet. was walking around raffles place, the atmosphere is still not one of fear, many people are still dining out. no widespread retrenchments (there are some but not widespread), no paycuts. recruitment is still going on, Sat paper is still quite thick. HDB prop are still high. i think we only at beginning of recession/stock downturn. maybe good time to sell whatever you have, stay cash rich. pick up at lower prices later. Forgot to add CPF not cut, ministers' pay not cut. so situation not as bad.
                          Last edited by wind128; 26-10-08, 05:39 PM.

Comment

HSI now at <11500.... tomorrow STI will drop like crazy...

Comment

yes ... expect another bloodbath ... intraday shortists will rule.

Comment

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
                                sti haven't reach 800 point yet. was walking around raffles place, the atmosphere is still not one of fear, many people are still dining out. no widespread retrenchments (there are some but not widespread), no paycuts. recruitment is still going on, Sat paper is still quite thick. HDB prop are still high. i think we only at beginning of recession/stock downturn. maybe good time to sell whatever you have, stay cash rich. pick up at lower prices later. Forgot to add CPF not cut, ministers' pay not cut. so situation not as bad.
                                I agree, we may have just seen the beginning of crisis. Biggest concern is the jump of unemployment rate. Straits Times may not report everything
                                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X