X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
    Feel that private dealers should conform to the rules for selling too:
    Rules:
    - All postings must include a price for each piece listed within.
    - Do not post links to auctions.
    - No Advertising of company brand, website, etc in the open forums.

Quite frustrating to see an item for sale, without price.
    Yo totally agreed with bro lolex kia. Quite frustrating if price not included as most of us does not know what price seller willing to sell or how to start the price going. Offer too low, might be misunderstood for lowballing. Best Regards & Cheers!!!

Comment

hehehe..nothing wrong with low balling...imho...every buyer like to have the lowest purchase price and every seller wan to sell as high as possible...aniwae sellers reserved not to sell de mah..hahaha
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

RE: Private Dealers' Mkt

Hi Admin/Owners/Mods,

Just a suggestion -
        for dealers sub-forum, would it be possible for dealers to list all their watches on one FS thread instead? And not a separate thread for each watch the dealer is selling?

Ender
        "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
        three times is enemy action and
        over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
        ."

Comment

Hey ender,

Thanks for your suggestion. But if we have 1 dealer per thread, it's gonna be pretty long winded for his thread if he keeps updating. It's harder for members to view and harder for us to remove old threads.

We would consider your suggestion! Thanks

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Tks for the feedback... as per wat Darkie replied... its quite impossible if each seller has a thread...

BUT then again, if there are sufficient dealers who are interested, we can have them post their watches in their own category instead... Will look into that!
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

State price in WTB

Hi moderators,

I see that a seller is required to state the price of a watch/item he/she is selling in the sales thread, and wonder if this rule can be imposed on the "WTB" thread as well.

Why?

Eg. Buyer posts a watch to buy w/o price stated. An interested seller pm'ed buyer of the same watch to sell. Buyer starts asking for pics and information on the watch. Seller agrees and sends all information requested by buyer. Buyer sees everything, then tells seller price is too high, and other unpleasant comments like "I can find one exactly same at much lower price", blah-blah-blah..

If a price, or even price range (eg. $3k-$3.5k) is stated in the buyer's post, then anyone who wishes to make an offer to the buyer will be well aware before he/she decides to make an offer.

I feel that this is a similar philosophy to the rule imposed on the sales thread, where a seller will need to state price to sell.

Tx!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

My observation

I often see some watches on sale in "WTS" thread similar to those in "WTB" thread, and wonder why the buyers did not approach the sellers? And the next thing that came to my mind would be, "likely price was not met". Then why not buyers state a price (or range) in the first place?

Some recent egs. here:

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=31084
                http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=38037
                http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=37161
                http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=38750

No price stated by buyer

This is a good eg. to follow:

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=38701

Price is stated so potential seller's expectation is managed. So when a seller wishes to approach this buyer, he/she should make an offer close to the asking price.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i agree with him it's better to post the stated price. but of cause not too low like let's say for example the watch is currently going at 10k and u try to offer 7k. lol i suppose nobody will bother to reply the thread. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Metank View Post
                    i agree with him it's better to post the stated price. but of cause not too low like let's say for example the watch is currently going at 10k and u try to offer 7k. lol i suppose nobody will bother to reply the thread. haha.
                    Yes. Managing expectations is what I mean. If the price quoted is "out-of-this-world" figure, then it is visibly obvious that it may be a prank or something mischievous. Then no one will respond, right?

Let's see how the moderators view this.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If Sellers do not have to post pictures of what they are selling then why do buyers have to post a price for wha tthey want to buy?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

Comment

aiyo la, pix n price r 2 diff item..... pix can find frm internet. price can?

Comment

HI there,

sorry to disturb you, i click here & there but could not find any icon to click on how to post if i want to sell my watch? I have a password in this website but dont seem to find any where that gives instructions on how to post?

Very much appreciate if you could give give me a piece of advice as you are s senior member here.

Thanks a million!

Comment

click on the relevant section aka rolex or other watches garage. located some where before all the threads, there is an icon which has the label New Thread

click on it.

Originally posted by watch surfer View Post
                            HI there,

sorry to disturb you, i click here & there but could not find any icon to click on how to post if i want to sell my watch? I have a password in this website but dont seem to find any where that gives instructions on how to post?

Very much appreciate if you could give give me a piece of advice as you are s senior member here.

Thanks a million!
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

for want to sell and want to buy, it is different context.

honestly, i will post in WTB after i have used the SEARCH function to locate the watch i am interested in, only if i cant find it there, then would i post. if a buyer states want to buy a BNIB sub for 5k, we all know that it is near impossible unless the seller is desperate if there is one.

stating a price does not requires significantly more effort compared to taking a picture. why? because it is just input additional text. some will say can use camera phone to take. but if the picture is not clear, i see no difference in posting one and without.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Misunderstood?

Sorry if I have caused any misunderstanding. I am not talking about pics here. I am referring to stating a price in "WTB" thread, similar to a requirement that a price has to be stated in "WTS" thread.

With/without pics is fine (to me) in the "WTB" thread but I feel that at least, a TS (buyer) should name a price he/she is willing to buy a watch/item.

Tx!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X