Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposal For Rolex Garage

Dear Triton,Moderators and Members,

I suggest that after a seller post an item for sale in the garage section, only the seller or administrator /moderator can reply to the thread.

this is actually done at other websites .

Purpose and advantage to sellers is you will not get all the irritating comments made by people who are just out to mess up your sale.

I tried to sell some items on the garage 6 months ago and like most of you,I get plenty of comments from low ballers like:-

e.g
    why so expensive?
    the case hands look polished?
    I think the price should be $X instead of $Y.
    I saw one selling cheaper than yours in ...
    model X is not worth this amount.
    I'll buy this watch (and you never hear from them but others think it is sold).

the comments will go on and on and instead of a simple sale thread it becomes a long discussion / defensive thread by the seller and low ballers.

Save time
    moderators have to waste time editing the thread and reminding everyone not to go off topic.

Save space
    The sale thread will just contain a few replies by the seller. no nonsense comments and rebuttals.

I'm sure most of you have encountered this before and lucky for me DA came to my rescue and deleted those nonsensical remarks.

This is a free world and sellers should be able to list at any prices they want,window shoppers should keep their mouths shut and serious buyers can PM or call the sellers directly.

If someone wants to discuss an item for sale, he can start a new thread on any of the relevant sections.

what do you think of this proposal?
    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
    1)GMT II 116718 18K
    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

i thought people who post comments not related to the sale would receive infractions?

also sometimes, seller is vague in their ads. for example someone might put "white iphone 4 32gb". But there is no white, so people ask. instead of seller receiving 10+ PM, they receive one or two post and wait for the seller to reply.

i think its good to restrict those comments like above as you mentioned. just my A$0.02
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

this issue was mooted by some of the forum members before. sg-roc don't mind reviewing the situation from time to time as the needs of members changes.

the reason why only potential buyers cannot post was not implemented is

1) the transparency disappears. this may allow private bidding which is not allowed. situation is you post a sub lv-c for sale at 10k. i saw the ad and immediately pm you. however, you as a seller can say i just receive another call with buyer wanting to pay 10.2k. you ask me if im willing to up the buying price? i say let me think. this can go on. until the watch reach 13k. would you want this to happen as a potential buyer? and yes, i can complain to mods about this bidding process and give negative infraction. however, you as a seller say no. then the mod has to investigate. takes time and effort. currently short of active mod and would you as a mod want to spend time doing additional work? do note that mod are not paid. if the mod wants to get paid, would buyer want to pay the cost?

2) as mentioned, if the ad is vague, seller can receive many pm and reply individual as a responsible seller. however, sg-roc is currently working on a template form for sellers.

3) as mentioned, if posts in the threads are non-related, members get infraction. however, if you receive pm, then you are not the only seller who is experiencing this. you can choose to respond or not. when i receive pm such as why price is so high, then i tell buyer, if you find my product expensive, then source for cheaper one if you can find one that match the condition of the sale item. if i receive comments that this model is not worth, then i reply thank you for your time to respond or i choose not to respond.

do note that as a seller in forum, seller receive buyers who back out last min of a deal, they enquire and then disappear. if you afraid of this, then post remarks such as first come first serve. any remarks just have to deal with you. you have to be thankful that they are asking you through pm. can you imagine on the day of transaction, they tell you this and that to force down your price? that is why sg-roc encourages sellers to post pictures of actual items to sell. but some refuse.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thanks guys for the comments.
          I like the suggestion by triton on point 2 (coming out with template).

I would like to clarify on this statement:
          "as mentioned, if posts in the threads are non-related, members get infraction"
          assuming you post a sub lv-c for sale at 10k.
          I can affect your chances of selling the sub (or irritate the hell out of you) simply by replying (not pm)
          e.g "I don't like your sub, looks like it has been heavily polished before."
          or
          "Sub Lv now not worth 10K, I bought one recently for only 9K."
          these statement have a negative effect and affects your chances of selling the item.
          I don't mind PMs because as mentioned by triton I can ignore them but it is these remarks to a sale thread that need to be stopped!

Will members get "Infraction" for saying the 2 statements?

all these statements I took right out from the rolex garage, I pesonally would never make such remarks on another sellers post, if I dont like what I see i dont buy.

I am all for reducing the workload of mods to investigate such matters.
          My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
          1) WG DIA 18239
          2) YG DIA 18238
          3) WG 18239
          4) YG 18238
          5) YG 18248G Bark
          6) WG DIA 18039
          7) WG 18039
          8) YG 18038
          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
          12) WG 1803
          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
          1)GMT II 116718 18K
          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
          2)D15037 14k
          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

'stating the price' policy

mod, does this apply to all sales or just watches only?

there are plenty of thread under misc items where price is not stated, hence the qn.

Comment

altho im not mod, believe is all sales. will let mod chime in later and answer your question
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

appreciate your feedback. it applies to all items sold. however, due to shortage of manpower, the concentration is now focus on watches. if you come across any threads that is without price, please do not hesitate to inform any mods. thank you.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  appreciate your feedback. It applies to all items sold. However, due to shortage of manpower, the concentration is now focus on watches. If you come across any threads that is without price, please do not hesitate to inform any mods. Thank you.
                  thanks

Comment

test

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X