Chopard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

Changed to a red strap and the feel of the watch came out to be totally refreshing (compared to the normal dunlop rubber strap). I call it now the "Alain Silberstein wannabe"...lol

cheers

james
    Hi james, the red strap is from chopard or aftermarket?
    Submariner 14060
    Breitling Colt Auto II
    Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
    Bell & Ross BR03-92
    MM20

Comment

Red strap

It's an aftermarket strap...FOC from THG when i sent in my rubber strap for hole punching (i've got a small wrist)...

just got my rubber strap back and the watch now looks a bit boring...

cheers

james
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

yes that's the correct pic

yes... that's the correct pic of my watch...

thanks

cheers

james

Current collection
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

It's an aftermarket strap...FOC from THG when i sent in my rubber strap for hole punching (i've got a small wrist)...

just got my rubber strap back and the watch now looks a bit boring...

cheers

james
          I also small wrist fella. Had an extra hole punched by AD on my rubber strap too. At first wanted chopard service centre to punch for me,but called them up and was told that even they can't punch the exact same hole because the original holes were moulded. So, I didnt bother to go there, just visit my AD to punch instead.
          Submariner 14060
          Breitling Colt Auto II
          Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
          Bell & Ross BR03-92
          MM20

Comment

I got the black color version of the watch today!! The black faced with rubber strap and the power reserve indicator (GT XL Power Control). Paid 5.5, expensive? It was an impulse buy!! Wanted to get the cartier santos or the rose datejust, and never ever considered chopard. But the looks was wow wow, compared to the santos 100. Its v stylish and macho, and surprisingly looks good on my gf's small wrist too.
            I cant wait to wear it on my wrist and show it to the world
            Last edited by Bluedevil; 25-12-07, 01:56 AM.
            Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

at leat the watch can share between you and ur gf.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

actually chopard used a drill to drill a hole

worth the 2 weeks wait...the hole punching was very neatly done....compared to manual punching cos of the tyre thread.

Current collection
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV

Comment

congrats on your purchase....if you put it on brown leather strap..it'll look awesome dude!

Current collection
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV

Comment

I'll go get one! Today realised my colleague also got this watch. Aiya! And the sales girl told me its v unique!
                    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                      I'll go get one! Today realised my colleague also got this watch. Aiya! And the sales girl told me its v unique!
                      Hahaha...All the salesgirl will tell you this 1..otherwise will you buy? LOL...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

to encourage sales. if it is unique, then should be 1 piece only.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

bro, the salesgal must look like so hot...you totally smitten with her...hahaa

white dial (controlled) and the grey dial (limited edition) then more unique..but you play around with straps and i bet it'll real awesome...the size of the watch is already stunning!!

oh, i paid my white dial GTXL Power Control for $5.2K at THG Taka... err...$5.5K expensive laio (sorry about this...)...

Current collection
                          Audemars Piguet ROO
                          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                          Panerai 270
                          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                          Rolex 116610LV

Comment

bro, the salesgal must look like so hot...you totally smitten with her...hahaa

white dial (controlled) and the grey dial (limited edition) then more unique..but you play around with straps and i bet it'll real awesome...the size of the watch is already stunning!!

oh, i paid my white dial GTXL Power Control for $5.2K at THG Taka... err...$5.5K expensive laio (sorry about this...)...
                            Recently got price increase mah.

Actually after having it a few days, I have some thoughts about this watch. First of all, I realised that Chopard is not a very big watch company. Well not in the first tier. And not really in the second tier either. And not that many people is interested in this brand after searching high and low on the net.

My Rolex friend calls it a lame (watch) brand. I feel a little angry at him. Most of friends have never heard it. They think its a pianist.

As for the box/case, it is sleek and artistic. The simple black case with red letterings is very understated compared to the Rolex's more luxurious looking box. I like the simple touches like the smell of petrol they incorporated since it is a "racing watch". The pressure gauge that comes along is also an interesting freebie; another nice touch.

The watch is quite stunning. I think my friends who tried it on all felt so. It has a big face with sleek shiny reflective case. The black dial tones it down a bit since its so big, and the black color of the dial has a stylistic continuity with the black color of the rubber strap. The sprinkling of red, like in the arrow of the second hand and the tiny dots that line the face adds character. Importantly, the face is not busy looking and it is easy to read time off this watch. But it doesnt glow in the dark, no superluminova? I guess its not optimised for the cinemas haha.

I like the "vintage race car" design of the watch. The font of the numerals and the power reserve indicator give it the look. The Dunlop rubber strap with the grooves is of course vital and takes on a defining role for this series. The strap gives off this sweet addictive poppy-vanilla smell.

As for the mechanism, what can i say? Its ETA. But with an interesting complication that is the power reserve. When u wind the crown gently, the subtle resistance makes it feel like delicate work, and u can see the power reserve indicator running from 0 to 100%, like i m refueling. You also know when to stop winding by looking at the gauge, although overwinding is irrelevant these days.

However, I dont like the wobble of the mechanism, it only happens when it turns anti-clockwise; it reminds me of my first automatic watch, which is a Swatch. It feels erm not expensive. This is a very big bugbear. Just not the same as the quiet Rolex's in its oyster.

Overall do I like it? I can make symbolic attachments to this watch, like how the power reserve indicator means I will be recharged in the new year, and I will be able to tackle the race ahead in 2008 (quite corny, I know). However, despite all my praise and intellectual rationalisation, love is a feeling that cannot be justified and sadly the "feel" is not there (yet) and I have less connection to it compared to my previous watches. Then there is my attas friend's comments of the brand, and the wobble, and wolfeyes comments that he got it cheaper for the rarer, which adds up and makes me feel I m overpaying for this timepiece.

Of course I m not as wealthy as most guys here (esp wolfeyes's mouth watering collection) so buying a watch is a rare and important once a year (or two years) affair that means a lot to me (and has a deep impact to my savings). There is a slight regret.
                            Last edited by Bluedevil; 28-12-07, 12:10 AM.
                            Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Recently got price increase mah.

Actually after having it a few days, I have some thoughts about this watch. First of all, I realised that Chopard is not a very big watch company. Well not in the first tier. And not really in the second tier either. And not that many people is interested in this brand after searching high and low on the net.

My Rolex friend calls it a lame (watch) brand. I feel a little angry at him. Most of friends have never heard it. They think its a pianist.

As for the box/case, it is sleek and artistic. The simple black case with red letterings is very understated compared to the Rolex's more luxurious looking box. I like the simple touches like the smell of petrol they incorporated since it is a "racing watch". The pressure gauge that comes along is also an interesting freebie; another nice touch.

The watch is quite stunning. I think my friends who tried it on all felt so. It has a big face with sleek shiny reflective case. The black dial tones it down a bit since its so big, and the black color of the dial has a stylistic continuity with the black color of the rubber strap. The sprinkling of red, like in the arrow of the second hand and the tiny dots that line the face adds character. Importantly, the face is not busy looking and it is easy to read time off this watch. But it doesnt glow in the dark, no superluminova? I guess its not optimised for the cinemas haha.

I like the "vintage race car" design of the watch. The font of the numerals and the power reserve indicator give it the look. The Dunlop rubber strap with the grooves is of course vital and takes on a defining role for this series. The strap gives off this sweet addictive poppy-vanilla smell.

As for the mechanism, what can i say? Its ETA. But with an interesting complication that is the power reserve. When u wind the crown gently, the subtle resistance makes it feel like delicate work, and u can see the power reserve indicator running from 0 to 100%, like i m refueling. You also know when to stop winding by looking at the gauge, although overwinding is irrelevant these days.

However, I dont like the wobble of the mechanism, it only happens when it turns anti-clockwise; it reminds me of my first automatic watch, which is a Swatch. It feels erm not expensive. This is a very big bugbear. Just not the same as the quiet Rolex's in its oyster.

Overall do I like it? I can make symbolic attachments to this watch, like how the power reserve indicator means I will be recharged in the new year, and I will be able to tackle the race ahead in 2008 (quite corny, I know). However, despite all my praise and intellectual rationalisation, love is a feeling that cannot be justified and sadly the "feel" is not there (yet) and I have less connection to it compared to my previous watches. Then there is my attas friend's comments of the brand, and the wobble, and wolfeyes comments that he got it cheaper for the rarer, which adds up and makes me feel I m overpaying for this timepiece.

Of course I m not as wealthy as most guys here (esp wolfeyes's mouth watering collection) so buying a watch is a rare and important once a year (or two years) affair that means a lot to me (and has a deep impact to my savings). There is a slight regret.
                              BD,
                              So sorry about your predicament .

Always try on the watch and take your time to "feel" the watch before purchase . Only buy when you are satisfied by the "feel" of the watch .

Do not mind what others think of your watch only what you like about the watch .

Some of my friends also call me stupid to buy ball and u-boat . So what ? Let them say what they like as long as i like the watch .

But if after consideration and you still do not like the watch , I would suggest you try to sell it ASAP but the resale value on chopard is no good .

Cheers .
                              1675/16610/116234/78240
                              Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                              Hublot BB ASF
                              PAM 104J
                              Sinn 903 H2
                              Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                              U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                              If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

ha..... i find your friend's comment lame.....

as for ignorance, kindly forgive them....... chopard is not chopin or vice versa....

the wobble is a characteristic of the 7750 based movements......... after awhile u will get used to it....

well lest i forget to say: congrats!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by ohlins; 28-12-07, 03:13 AM.
                                the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                                visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X