Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
    Ball Calibers

9018: The TMT movement, base ETA 2892, -40° temperature endurance + mechanical thermometer that ranges from -35 to 45°C

9035: GMT Power Reserve used on the Trainmaster & Conductor series(sold out), 48 hours power reserve

651: Dual Time and Big Date, used on the Trainmaster series.

968: Central Moon Phase, base ETA 2836, used on the Engineer Master series

250: Single-button Chronograph, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

350: Single-button Chronograph + Linear Triple Date, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

351: Chronograph + Linear Triple Date, base ETA 7750, used on the Trainmaster series

197: Linear Power Reserve, base ETA 2897, used on the Trainmaster series

124: The Night Train movement, UMT + Date warning system, base ETA 2824, used on the Fireman series

293: UMT, dual 12 hour hands + Date warning system, base ETA 2893, used on the Trainmaster series

2050: The Cannonball Movement, 45-minute chronograph with 2 subdials and date at 12 o'clock, base ETA 2824, used on the Trainmaster series
    MG ... i see the hydrocarbon series blur leow... so many movt... got eta 2824-2, 2892-2, 7750, 2893-2 , 2892, 2836-2, ball 9018 etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
      MG ... i see the hydrocarbon series blur leow... so many movt... got eta 2824-2, 2892-2, 7750, 2893-2 , 2892, 2836-2, ball 9018 etc.
      I think Ball is slowly modifying the ETA movements . So earlier batches have Original ETA movements and gradually change to modified ETAs . So without removing case back no way of knowing .
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

I think Ball is slowly modifying the ETA movements . So earlier batches have Original ETA movements and gradually change to modified ETAs . So without removing case back no way of knowing .
        so if they modify it .. they will rename it ball Caliber xxxx izzit ? how we know if it's their origin or not ?

Comment

• The list i pasted states the Ball caliber and base ETA caliber . Same thing being done by many other watch manufactures to create their own brand image .
          1675/16610/116234/78240
          Hublot BB ASF
          PAM 104J
          Sinn 903 H2
          Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
          If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

• BALL Trainmaster Moonlight Special (Limited Edition of 999 pieces)

BALL Trainmaster Moonlight Special (Limited Edition of 999 pieces)

The limited edition BALL Trainmaster Moonlight Special hearkens back to an era of luxury railroad travel. With a classic dial, it evokes the echoes of prestige that surrounded travelling the American railroads. A limited series of 999 pieces, the Moonlight Special is an instant classic.

The growing number of traveling businessmen in the late 1800s initially gave rise to sleeper cars that were little more than cots on the floor. The railroads quickly realized they could better serve their customers The world-famous Pullman cars set the standard: cherry wood lined the wall, the plush seats were illuminated by softly glowing oil lamps, and the car itself was mounted on a suspension for further comfort. Soon, overnight travel on the railroads was an indulgence in high demand. The best trains, like the Super Chief, Empire State Express and 20th Century Limited, were well-known to the public and viewed with much admiration.

The Trainmaster Moonlight Special is one of the most complicated BALL watches to date. Its timekeeping functions are enhanced with a triple calendar display while the chronograph records accumulated time up to 12 hours. The moon phase display and 24-hour indication are a clear nod to the legacy of travel. Lit by BALL gas tubes, the Trainmaster Moonlight Special is a worthy companion for explorers of all types.

Reference number: CM1036D-L1J-BK
            Movement: Automatic calibre ETA 7751
            Functions: Chronograph, accumulated measurement up to 12 hours; 24 hour indication and Moon Phase Display; Triple calendar; 15 micro gas tubes on hands and dial for night reading capability
            Case: Stainless steel case, diameter 43mm, height 16mm; anti-reflective sapphire crystal, sapphire display case back; screwed-in crown, water-resistant to 50m; shock-resistant to 5,000Gs
            Band: Stainless steel bracelet or crocodile leather strap
            Dial: Black or white
            Attached Files
            1675/16610/116234/78240
            Hublot BB ASF
            PAM 104J
            Sinn 903 H2
            Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

• wonder how much is this piece going to be.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                wonder how much is this piece going to be.
                My guess is high 5k region .
                1675/16610/116234/78240
                Hublot BB ASF
                PAM 104J
                Sinn 903 H2
                Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

• Like to post pictures of my Hydrocarbon Magnate. Pardon me for the poor photo skill & condition of my watch (lots of fingerprint & dust)

40mm case ... just nice for my small wrist. The bezel is bigger than the hydrocarbon classic which also has a 40mm case.

Lumin bezel (with 2sec shutter exposure in a darkroom)

The magnifier is great for the date viewing. But the edges tends to be dirty and stain is hard to clean off.

The crown safety mechanism to ensure that the crown is fully locked before the lever can engaged nicely

The watch is so heavy that I will have a submarine imprint on my wrist when I remove it at the end of the day.

The links are connected by screw instead of tiny rod. However the screws (if not tightened fully) tends to be go loose after a few days. Need to use the white tape (for plumbing joint) to prevent in from "unscrewing" by itself.

Comment

BALL Trainmaster Moonlight Special (Limited Edition of 999 pieces)

The limited edition BALL Trainmaster Moonlight Special hearkens back to an era of luxury railroad travel. With a classic dial, it evokes the echoes of prestige that surrounded travelling the American railroads. A limited series of 999 pieces, the Moonlight Special is an instant classic.
                    Very nice watch. 8 hands
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

My guess is high 5k region .
                      not bad leh tht pc, was looking at the trainmaster series. most dont hv 43mm... but this new pc is...

when out huh ?

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                      Very nice watch. 8 hands
                      octopus ? hee

Comment

• anybody owns a EMII GMT?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                        - GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• heard from AD that list price for Ball watches are going to rise in 1 Apr 08 .... better buy now before the price increase.

Comment

• Originally posted by ongkmeng View Post
                            heard from AD that list price for Ball watches are going to rise in 1 Apr 08 .... better buy now before the price increase.
                            Not just BALL. I think many others like IWC, Panerai, etc are adjusting upwards in Apr

If want buy watches shld do so before Apr comes. Else, must be prep to pay more liao
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
                              not bad leh tht pc, was looking at the trainmaster series. most dont hv 43mm... but this new pc is...

when out huh ?

octopus ? hee
                              This beauty is in basel2008 now .

Hurry call your AD to advance booking .

So roughly ard may shd reach our shores .
                              1675/16610/116234/78240
                              Hublot BB ASF
                              PAM 104J
                              Sinn 903 H2
                              Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

• Originally posted by ongkmeng View Post
                                Like to post pictures of my Hydrocarbon Magnate. Pardon me for the poor photo skill & condition of my watch (lots of fingerprint & dust)

40mm case ... just nice for my small wrist. The bezel is bigger than the hydrocarbon classic which also has a 40mm case.
                                bro, nice pics

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
                                This beauty is in basel2008 now .

Hurry call your AD to advance booking .

So roughly ard may shd reach our shores .
                                looks good, mst see first ... my 2008 very xiong leow lah... i think got pick up 10 watches in the first 3 months nai ......
                                gonna kanaa scolded by CO for buying cheapo again ...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X