No announcement yet.

Bell & Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmnnn saw this on passions website... a note about Bell & Ross...

NOTICE: We have seen the latest faked Bell & Ross instrument watch. It's a PVD Limited Edition base model & I'm sure there's chronograph versions too. It is a very good replica. Seller wanted S$3K for it & claimed family threw away box & papers. Buyers beware.

If I'm not wrong, I think one shop in Lucky Plaza kanna taken for a ride... I was there and saw a piece of Limited Edition PVD Blue Dial Carbon Case... Looked very very authentic....weight was quite substantial... asked the boss...he proudly said it just came in..... but no box and papers.... got a few appointments by potential buyers to see the watch...

I was thinking most probably it would cost about $5k to $6k for such a nice watch.... I was there just to browse only.... and i thought since B&R was one of my choice "huge" watch..no harm asking right.... and the boss told me.... $2.8k..... and ask me not to negotiate further...immediately...i asked ericssan..to pinch me... thought i heard wrongly.... told the boss...reserve for me..went to atm..withdrew the money....

Went back to the shop....held the watch...and i thought wow....really solid man..... and thought i do some basic check..... the minute i knock on the supposedly AR crystal sapphire ....it sounded so damn hollow.... when i pull out the crown to wind...gosh.... the crown a bit off tangent.... immediately....i told the boss.... i think there's some problem with the watch..... he took a look... and after a while....told me not to buy the watch.... think there's some issue with the 'watch'.... phew...luckily my 'experience' helped... but i must say that boss is one hellavu honest fella.... kudos to him..... (but sorry about the watch...)

and guess that's why without hestitation...i contacted my AD for a piece of brand new B&R....
    Last edited by nottinghill; 18-12-07, 02:13 AM.
    Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
    Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
    Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
    Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post

NOTICE: We have seen the latest faked Bell & Ross instrument watch. It's a PVD Limited Edition base model & I'm sure there's chronograph versions too. It is a very good replica. Seller wanted S$3K for it & claimed family threw away box & papers. Buyers beware.

luckily my 'experience' helped... but i must say that boss is one hellavu honest fella.... kudos to him..... (but sorry about the watch...)

and guess that's why without hestitation...i contacted my AD for a piece of brand new B&R....
      thanks for the information.

at least the shop owner was honest. great guy.

that is why i said before, do homework before you buy a watch, especially for second hand watch, you cannot be too careful for this kind of cases. this kind of hands-on experience with the watch cannot be described. u can be told of things to look out for, the feel of the watch is important. this is the reason why i never buy watch online, u cannot hold and touch the actual piece before committing to buy.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        thanks for the information.

at least the shop owner was honest. great guy.

that is why i said before, do homework before you buy a watch, especially for second hand watch, you cannot be too careful for this kind of cases. this kind of hands-on experience with the watch cannot be described. u can be told of things to look out for, the feel of the watch is important. this is the reason why i never buy watch online, u cannot hold and touch the actual piece before committing to buy.
        yea.... the owner was very honest....and if i need to purchase any pre-owned watches...i would not hestitate to get it from him....

Comment

when the deal is too good to be true, it usually is....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
            when the deal is too good to be true, it usually is....
            yea i guess so....but did not think that a reputable shop would be selling such a 'good deal'...luckily...i did some basic check and alerted the boss.... hehehe....

anyway, it's really hard to imagine...reputable pre-owned shops selling 'good deals'.... hehe well for me...lesson learnt was....it's always good to have some basic experience in watches...hehehe..

Comment

If I'm not wrong, I think one shop in Lucky Plaza kanna taken for a ride... I was there and saw a piece of Limited Edition PVD Blue Dial Carbon Case... Looked very very authentic....weight was quite substantial... asked the boss...he proudly said it just came in..... but no box and papers.... got a few appointments by potential buyers to see the watch...

I was thinking most probably it would cost about $5k to $6k for such a nice watch.... I was there just to browse only.... and i thought since B&R was one of my choice "huge" watch..no harm asking right.... and the boss told me.... $2.8k..... and ask me not to negotiate further...immediately...i asked ericssan..to pinch me... thought i heard wrongly.... told the boss...reserve for me..went to atm..withdrew the money....
              The rule of thumb is when something is too good to be true, it probably is a scam. Sometimes even very experienced watch dealers get cheated. Buyers like us ought to be very careful
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Went back to the shop....held the watch...and i thought wow....really solid man..... and thought i do some basic check..... the minute i knock on the supposedly AR crystal sapphire ....it sounded so damn hollow.... when i pull out the crown to wind...gosh.... the crown a bit off tangent.... immediately....i told the boss.... i think there's some problem with the watch..... he took a look... and after a while....told me not to buy the watch.... think there's some issue with the 'watch'.... phew...luckily my 'experience' helped... but i must say that boss is one hellavu honest fella.... kudos to him..... (but sorry about the watch...)

Yes I could testify to what happened above
                http://ericssanpad.blogspot.com

Pair of Rolex Datejusts (Creamy Pyramid Dial)
                Rolex Sea Dweller K-series
                Seiko Automatic Divers Watches
                Seiko Diving Computer

Comment

here's the watch...finally.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

nice one
                    you really got a big wrist. Made the BR01 look small hehe.
                    Submariner 14060
                    Breitling Colt Auto II
                    Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                    Bell & Ross BR03-92
                    MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                      nice one
                      you really got a big wrist. Made the BR01 look small hehe.
                      aiyoo..hehehe actually my wrist size is slightly less than 8 inches lar.... so imagine a B&R 42mm...would look rather 'ordinary' on my wrist....

and i can't really wear anything less than 40mm....cos it really look 'boy size' on my wrist....

anyway it's a cool watch...it's now on nato strap.... hehehee

Comment

congrat.

Comment

here's the watch...finally.....
                          Happy for you. Congrats bro
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Congratz. It's really a nice piece.
                            IWC Top Gun Doppler
                            Pam 312K
                            Cartier Santos 100
                            Rolex SS GMT IIC M-Series
                            Rolex SS Submariner LVC (Hulk) Alpha
                            Rolex SS Explorer 1 214270 G-Series
                            Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 Gulf Limited Edition
                            Omega Seamaster 300m Diver

Comment

nice watch!!!!

Comment

aiyoo..hehehe actually my wrist size is slightly less than 8 inches lar....
                                wah........ big wrist......

maybe u shd try a boy-size 31 mm rolex star....... haha
                                the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                                visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X