Disappointing Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointing Panerai

Why... Why did you make not 1 but 2 models with snap in caseback and springbars????

What is wrong with you panerai???

For those who don't know, stay away from PAM 630 and PAM 632

好看不好吃...

Well...this is to cater to the "entry level" segment...though not very much at an attractive entry level price...So by doing spring bars and snap back, cost is minimised thus making it "affordable" so they claimed.

The very first version of this new generation of Panerai was the 634. Panerai uses the 634 as an indicator to see how the fans reactions to this new generation of Panerai since it has a more basic and minimal case design with couple of extreme changes, from screw lugs to spring bars, screw case back to snap on and from 300m to 100m.

Guess what...? Thanks to the 634 which seems to be well received among fans of the brand, expect this to be the next generation of Panerais. I doubt it will be just these two models.

Sad thing is...they are riding on the popularity of a certain community forum to released/introduced the new generation case (well, that is another different story).

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

It all boils down to price...if 630 was priced more attractively, may actually consider getting
      In meanwhile, just waiting patiently for them to release a 372 in 42-44mm with 605 blue/grey/antracite sunburst dial...
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

Not sure about pricing (depending on currency exchange) prices are set at €4,600 for the Pam630 and €4,900 for the Pam632. In Hong Kong, prices are indicative at HKD39,000 though yet to be confirmed. These are this year Watches & Wonders 2015 Fair released which was held in Hong Kong usually during Sept/Oct month and they are only available through the Boutiques.

So we are looking at anything around the SGD 7k region for the 630 and SGD 7.5k region for the 632. And btw, these are running on ETA Unitas movt and not the in-house.

Not sure if that is "attractive" pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
          So we are looking at anything around the SGD 7k region for the 630 and SGD 7.5k region for the 632. And btw, these are running on ETA Unitas movt and not the in-house.
          If you are right about the prices, I rather stick to the proven models like 111, 112 or 114 since all these are using ETA movement. Spring bars? People will have a hard time changing the straps and scratches will be more prone.

Comment

Originally posted by waikeekee View Post
            If you are right about the prices, I rather stick to the proven models like 111, 112 or 114 since all these are using ETA movement. Spring bars? People will have a hard time changing the straps and scratches will be more prone.
            In watch market, It's always so called "Demand & Supply" as most watch lovers' will tighened their budgets as the world economy is not doing well in next or following years.

Hence, most guys will always stick to their present timepieces rather than "flipping" watches unless they are dealers' who have deep pockets

Comment

Confirmation on prices...

Pam 630 - SGD $6,750
              Pam 632 - SGD $7,200

Nice move by Panerai to make it as a replacement in the "entry level" segment...because, as of 1st April 2015, their prices has been jacked up for the current existing models and introducing these new "entry level" models will fill the void in that price range.

Comment

Well, if you are talking about buying new first hand...you might want to rethink.

Prices have been up and up...Pam 111 is now SGD $9,000 and the Pam 112 is now SGD $8,400...!!!

And you can just waltz in the Boutique to get the 111 or 112 (or go to any authorised dealer of your choice for better discounts) ...however... to get the 630 or 632, you must have a purchase record from the boutique to be able to purchase one. And since it's boutiques only models, if the 630 or the 632 catches your fancy, you are looking to purchase at least one regular model before you can purchase the 630 or 632.

Comment

Originally posted by FullHouse View Post
                  In watch market, It's always so called "Demand & Supply" as most watch lovers' will tighened their budgets as the world economy is not doing well in next or following years.

Hence, most guys will always stick to their present timepieces rather than "flipping" watches unless they are dealers' who have deep pockets
                  For the sake of a good argument, let's say you are right. Then I will counter and say that PANERAI is taking customers on a "short-changed" ride. A "not-knowing-better" buyer or customers will think: Hey! I am getting a latest and a limited edition watch and jump on the bandwagon. What PANERAI did not consider is the repercussion of such sale to such customers. These customers will not be a repeated buyer. FYI - on www.kenwatches.com (HKG based) they are already selling the 632R new and pre-loved ones for HKD38,700.00 and HKD34,800.00 (99% new it says) respectively.

When I saw pre-loved watch for sale and 99% new as indicated, I was thinking why did the previous owner sell it in the first place? This model is not even 5 months old and it's already on the open used-market.

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
                  Well, if you are talking about buying new first hand...you might want to rethink.

Prices have been up and up...Pam 111 is now SGD $9,000 and the Pam 112 is now SGD $8,400...!!!

And you can just waltz in the Boutique to get the 111 or 112 (or go to any authorised dealer of your choice for better discounts) ...however... to get the 630 or 632, you must have a purchase record from the boutique to be able to purchase one. And since it's boutiques only models, if the 630 or the 632 catches your fancy, you are looking to purchase at least one regular model before you can purchase the 630 or 632.
                  As usual. Tiagong and I have heard from many people that the service level at ION or Singapore's only P boutique is very bad. I have even read that people are asked to buy another watch to accompany what you wanted. Normally a 'Gold' watch is what they are being called to purchased PLUS the model they are on the waiting list. Besides, who in the right mind or "money-is-no-object" will buy from the boutique unless you are getting models like the 604 limited to 99 pieces are sold only in boutique.

We are talking about general demographic of PAM buyers. A brand new 112 should be less than SGD $8,000.00 or more like $7,600.00 and if you trust your grey dealers, the 112 should be around $7,100.00 - $7,300.00

Comment

I have even read that people are asked to buy another watch to accompany what you wanted. Normally a 'Gold' watch is what they are being called to purchased PLUS the model they are on the waiting list. Besides, who in the right mind or "money-is-no-object" will buy from the boutique unless you are getting models like the 604 limited to 99 pieces are sold only in boutique.
                    The infamous sales technic. It's all about sales. After all, Richemont is indeed a profitable business. As long as they can rake in monies, whatever sales technic doesn't matter especially when it's a willing buyer. Many will buy from boutique to be in the "list" just so that they are able to put themselves as the first few priorities for Special Editions...and being the first few owners of a Special Editions does gives them a kick I guess.

Btw, the 604 is only for sale via the Florence Boutique and even though one is a VVIP in Ion Boutique, one have to travel to Florence to purchase one.

We are talking about general demographic of PAM buyers. A brand new 112 should be less than SGD $8,000.00 or more like $7,600.00 and if you trust your grey dealers, the 112 should be around $7,100.00 - $7,300.00
                    The price I quoted is the exact current price direct from Ion Boutique, $8,400 for a brand new Pam 112.

Comment

I get a preowned 112 any day... Screw these 2 models.

Comment

As usual, when you are really a so called, "HARDCORE" fans of OP then you will not bother about the snap in caseback & springbars of both timepieces mentioned here. However, when you just want to buy and wear it because of the brand is popular and hope to sell it later with a handsome profit then i won't recommend you to think and buy it.
                        As you notice or observe closely in this watch markets or forums, almost three quarters of the selling timepieces are OP especially very new or unworn ....thus easily answer most of our Tiagong who know that it's better to keep cold hard cash rather than holding on the OP as every day, seem to be price-wars among themselves, FYI

So just ask ourselves, is the market evolving or sliding towards bad ecomcony.... may be time will tell?

So just buy with your so called Love & enjoy on your wrists as long as possible whether it is Pam 111, 112 or 632 0r 630.....IMHO

Comment

Long time fan of Panerai and have a few in my collection so agree with OP. PAM management is diluting the brand

Comment

Spring bars can still be acceptable.

Snap back is a joke for a diver.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Hi bros.. I'm considered a novice when comes to Panerai watches. So pardon my curiosity in the question that I have in mind while reading the threads.

When one bro mentioned "from screw case to snap back and from 300m to 100m." Is it because of the changed from screw case back to snap back case that cause the water resistance capability to drop? If I can draw an example (pardon me if its not relevant due to different movement used) to pam 423, it's water resistant is also 100m.

Hope to see some bros comment and I would learn something new again.

Cheers!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X