• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watcha
    replied
    Thanks for the info.

The price is actually not too bad.
    One guy was quoted 300+ for IWC polishing.

It's better not to polish unnecessarily as you will lose material each time.

Leave a comment:

• Dannyboyz
    replied
    My pleasure. Just doing my fair bit as a member.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Tx for sharing the info. I believe many will benefit from this.

Leave a comment:

• Dannyboyz
    replied
    Polishing and servicing at Richemont service centre

Just sent my PAM111 for polishing and PAM321 for checking due to some suspected problems with the power reserve.
    They polished my PAM111 (a small scratch and a ding at one side of the casing) within 30 mins at no cost. The workmanship was superb and fast by my standard. Was not required to pay because I told them that the scratch and ding was made by Richemont Shanghai when I brought my watch to punch an additional hole on my strap. Was very pissed when I found out that there was a scratch and ding on my casing after I took the watch. Customer service was lousy and they treat your watch as if it was a cheap watch. Handling your watch with their bare hands even when there is a glove on their table. They did not even clean off the finger prints when they return your watch to you. Maybe they think that PAMs are consider as cheap watches in China.
    For my PAM321, was charge $140 for polishing some scratches/dings on the bezel and casing. Was told that because they need to remove the bezel. Hence, need to be charge. But need to leave my watch for a complete servicing...haiz. Can only collect my watch after 10 days as they need to run some tests after servicing. For those who are not aware, all polishing is chargeable as it is not covered under warranty. So if you got just a small scratch or ding on your watch, don't send it for polishing unless you really cannot stand the sight of the scratch or ding like myself...hehe...Makes economical sense to send your watch for polishing when you have a lot of scratches or dings as PAM are prone to scratches and knocks due to it size....haha. But that is one of the reason why people like PAMs.

Leave a comment:

• downxxer
    replied
    Can pm me the name and number for servicing too?

Leave a comment:

• weesy
    replied
    Hi panerai7776
    I would also love to have the contact of the place with good servicing.

Leave a comment:

• Mmax
    replied
    Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
    Hi bros, if you guys need servicing for your Pams, can let me know. I can pm you guys the contact. Some of you might even know him. Quite a trusted watch dealer. I serviced my titanium pam there at 1/2 the price compared to Richemont. Please note that I am not related to him and don't get any commision for the rcommendation.
    Hi there can you pm me the contact of this place with good servicing price?

Leave a comment:

• allan
    replied
    Anyone have experience servicing in-house movements? I understand richmont charge about 1k for servicing. Any other place to recommend?

Leave a comment:

• HTC
    replied
    Originally posted by sorcerer222 View Post
    Hi all, read through the posting does every one send it to richmont for servicing?

They charge like 500 bucks

Went to ask at places like JW and Vistotime. They charge lower, they are very reputable in selling watches but has anyone send there for servicing?

Not sure if i should spend the few hundred buscks more to send it to richmont or should i send to those other places.

Any advice?
    Any advise on your query above? I am also thinking of sending to visiotime as the waiting time is shorter. But not sure are they reliable for servicing watches. thanks

Leave a comment:

• HTC
    replied
    Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
    Hi bros, if you guys need servicing for your Pams, can let me know. I can pm you guys the contact. Some of you might even know him. Quite a trusted watch dealer. I serviced my titanium pam there at 1/2 the price compared to Richemont. Please note that I am not related to him and don't get any commision for the rcommendation.
    could you let me have his contact? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• smun
    replied
    Servicing for PAMs

Hi Bros, Sis,

Any lobang to service PAMs at good rates other than Richemont and JW, which I was told to have long leadtime.

Last weekend, my dad service and polish his DJ rolex at $200 at Peoples Park complex, which is very reasonable.

I am looking for such rates for my PAM.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    wow...backcase not tightened?hmmm...i wonder how the watch managed to pass the water resistance test benchmark in the 1st place...i tot all watches sent in to servicing will be have to undergo water resistance test according to the watch water resistance ability?????

P.S: Got to go home to check if my watches back cases are tightened anot....scary stuff to read about....imagine flooding the watches just after servicing....Heart pain to death....

Leave a comment:

• Dennis 7777
    replied
    Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    Tag service centre is great leh...sent in my aquaracer under warr due to some movement issue and they change the entire movement for me...however it came back to me with a speck of dust on the dial...have to send in again...came back running like a champ since then....for other brands service centres, i have no comments...
    Hearing about what the bro's experience with certain brands, i feel kinda disappointed (i also own pam) with the service for the so-called branded watches, esp with the money paid for them.

I once send in an 'O' watch for service to adjust the accuracy, and the watch was sent back to me in 2 weeks, i paid for the service and left.

A few weeks later when i sold the watch to a reputable watch dealer, he told me the case was very loose and was not tightened properly. It seemed the 'O' technician did not tighten the case back properly. If i had gone for a swim with the watch, or even bring it to shower, it will be gone case.

I brought a 'B' watch for service, and it came back with a few souvenior marks on the case.

I do have a good experience with an independent watch maker (Habring2), where a watch pouch and some items was not given during the sale. I wrote in to the watch maker, and she asked a few verification questions, and a list of items i got from the sale to determine what was missing, and straight away send me the items that are missing. Their service is so personal and excellent.

I guess when the brand grows too big, the personal touch and service level drops. But to overcharge or do a half-fxxk service is definitely unacceptable.

Since the personal experience, i will never ever buy an 'O' watch again.

Leave a comment:

• watchpassionist
    replied
    Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
    So far...NONE of the service centre I have been to is up to mark. Not only for watches... cars...motorbikes...tv...my other toys...all not up to mark. And maybe you think I am a complaint king right? Please check my itrader and you will know actually I am a easy going customer. And talking about watches, I sent my Tag Heuer to LVMH for some issues and it was fixed under warranty, but when I handed the watch to the customer service, she said" you see ah... your watch here ,there all got fine scratches and I will record it down. I said fair enough. When the watch came back to me, I saw some deep scratch around the screw holding down the caseback. I was pissed and wanted to confront them but held back bcos they already noted down my watches got scratches when I handed over to them, so no need to argue lah and I left. Many years back, when my car was still new, I ran in the engine and sent to the agent for 1st servicing, I was the 2nd car to check in that morning and guess what??!! They took 5 hrs to do a oil change and when the car came back to me they left a ding on the driver side door. I called up the service manager and they offered to repaint my door. WTF!! Who wants to repaint a one wk old car!!! I pay a premium for all my stuff and I only expect the most reasonable basic service, is that too much to ask for!!! WAKE UP SINGAPORE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!
    I AGREE TOTALLY WITH YOU BRO

Now all of us know we are ranked number one for many many things, be it events, airport, singaporeair, ports, cleancity, chewing gun ban, caning, price of houses and cars......
    But voted by many lack in aftersales customer service.

Back to topic.... Richemont Singapore in terms of service is last last last lousy lousy lousy

Charging customers for a damaged pin $1000 just because no such separately parts to replace and thus change the whole buckle.
    ABSURBS ABSURBS ABSURBS

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    True...i m sorry to hear that your tag came back with deep scratches...mine was returned to me in great condition lest the tiny speck of dust on the dust...i usually take pictures of my watches at service centre in front of the CSO before i send in the pieces for repairs or servicings....

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X