This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
    your original post that set off our discourse is by definition trolling and being OT... it made a false allegation and using an out of place analogy to support that allegation...

i was hoping that we could have a mature and thoughtful discourse and twice during my posts, i pointed out that your original post was wrong and was waiting for you to either acknowledge it or expound on it... but you chose to skirt around or ignore it, while picking on some other points that bring our discussion off-tangent...

what i wanted to say during our discourse, that there is some level of security in sending watches for servicing at 3rd-party service centre and there are avenues for recovery of losses... and i believe that it is still on topic...

this is my final interaction with you here cos you have shown that you are not capable of carrying out a mature and thoughful discussion... post less and process before you post... peace out...
    Makes a lot of sense to me...
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Originally posted by satch View Post
      Thanks for sharing your view. I'm on the same page with u. But just wondering whether is this specifically covered under common law? I'm not legally trained so don't really know. If the workshop's liability is clearly spelt out in a document that both parties sign before sending in the watch, I guess it's ok but my thoughts is the workshop would likely have a capped liability to safeguard its business interest. Even if insured, it really depends on how much insurance coverage purchased by the workshop. If a few customers send in 100k RM pieces but workshop only has say 200k insurance coverage, it's not enough to payout.

I guess we might all say that these type of things are rare in sg, but then again we never know.
      the insurance policy that the shop owner takes out will probably not be from the first dollar. e.g. maybe first $500 of loss is out of pocket. otherwise a first dollar policy would likely be much more expensive as it is more prone to abuse.
      AP Royal Oak Dual Time
      Omega Speedmaster Professional
      Pam 233
      Tag Heuer Aquaracer Day Date
      Steinhart LSE
      Steinhart Aviation Vintage
      116610LV

Hers:
      AP RO Ladies
      Rolex Ladies Datejust
      Bvlgari Diagono Sport
      Longines Flagship Ladies
      Cartier Santos XL

Wishlist:
      Pam024
      Daytona

Previous watches:
      Pam 000
      Pam 176
      Pam 388
      AP RO Chronograph 26320ST
      Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date Brown Dial

Comment

• Guys, can i ask a noob question? If my pam is still under warranty, do they provide a free routine servicing within the warranty?

Comment

• Hey, Has anyone send PAM chrono for service before? Whats the damage like?

Comment

• Originally posted by jedithy View Post
            Guys, can i ask a noob question? If my pam is still under warranty, do they provide a free routine servicing within the warranty?
            Obviously not. But regulation is free though.
            My Humble Collection :
            PAM 320
            Rolex Submariner Ceramics
            Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

• Hi guys, I sent my 510 for servicing since 19 Apr.. till now still waiting for the parts. They keep delaying to say waiting for part to ship over to Singapore. This is the first time i sent my 510 for servicing.

Is this normal? Is there anything I could do? Like extending my warranty? I cannot accept 5 mths of my warranty being makaned.... I have told them if they cant fix it, give me a new piece. Is that reasonable?

Need more advise.
              Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by forumRider View Post
                Hi guys, I sent my 510 for servicing since 19 Apr.. till now still waiting for the parts. They keep delaying to say waiting for part to ship over to Singapore. This is the first time i sent my 510 for servicing.

Is this normal? Is there anything I could do? Like extending my warranty? I cannot accept 5 mths of my warranty being makaned.... I have told them if they cant fix it, give me a new piece. Is that reasonable?

Need more advise.
                Thanks.
                Just to update. I gotten back my watch finally. Panerai ION extended my warranty by 6 months.
                However I noticed a long scratch on my case, which I have informed to them already (when i clean the watch). So they informed that they would get back to me within 3 days to get their manager's approval..

Comment

• Originally posted by forumRider View Post
                  Just to update. I gotten back my watch finally. Panerai ION extended my warranty by 6 months.
                  However I noticed a long scratch on my case, which I have informed to them already (when i clean the watch). So they informed that they would get back to me within 3 days to get their manager's approval..
                  last year I sent for servicing for my PAM too. Yes, warranty of extended from post servicing.

They need to seek approval for what from their manager, may I ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by redvine View Post
                    last year I sent for servicing for my PAM too. Yes, warranty of extended from post servicing.

They need to seek approval for what from their manager, may I ask?
                    To provide free poloshing for me as i later found that there are scratches on my case.
                    Do u encounter the same?

Comment

• Fortunately no additional scratches for my case. But my encounter with them was less than pleasant. Sent in my watch due to intermittently stopping. They took in and within a week say repaired. Was surprised by the efficiency. Went there, upon testing on the spot, problem was still there. On the spot, brought it in to their watchmaker stationed there. They say they demagnetized there and then, say should be ok. Ask me bring home wear a few days and see how things go. No need wait till second day. A few hrs after collecting, watch stopped again. This fault has been demonstrated to them at the shop for a few times in the process. And yet they can ask me bring home wear a few day. I went back again to them next day, followed up with an angry email. Then they say will do a complete servicing. Waited a month cause they say need order parts from Panerai. Fortunately, after servicing, its running like a champion now, accuracy of +2sec a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by redvine View Post
                        Fortunately no additional scratches for my case. But my encounter with them was less than pleasant. Sent in my watch due to intermittently stopping. They took in and within a week say repaired. Was surprised by the efficiency. Went there, upon testing on the spot, problem was still there. On the spot, brought it in to their watchmaker stationed there. They say they demagnetized there and then, say should be ok. Ask me bring home wear a few days and see how things go. No need wait till second day. A few hrs after collecting, watch stopped again. This fault has been demonstrated to them at the shop for a few times in the process. And yet they can ask me bring home wear a few day. I went back again to them next day, followed up with an angry email. Then they say will do a complete servicing. Waited a month cause they say need order parts from Panerai. Fortunately, after servicing, its running like a champion now, accuracy of +2sec a day.
                        Think giving it a full service is the way to go. I understand it is very tedious and frustrating for customers to walk in and out of the boutique without the watch being fixed.

Mine also went for full service.. but i wait from 19th Apr till 24th August. That was very long period for me. My wife thought I have sold off my watch! Each time i call n ask, they would give me same answer; waiting for spare parts to arrive from Switzerland.

Now i have to monitor its accuracy and today is the 3rd day. I need to wait till 9th day lol
                        Again I hope they can polish for me FOC since they scratch my casing during the repair.

Comment

• Anyone owns a 362 and sent for servicing?

Hi does anyone own a 326 and have sent for servicing before? How much does it cost roughly? Panerai ION told me at least $1000... Is it true?

Comment

• Does servicing a ETA movement cheaper than in-house Panerai movement? How much will it be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicco View Post
                              Hi does anyone own a 326 and have sent for servicing before? How much does it cost roughly? Panerai ION told me at least $1000... Is it true?
                              If Panerai Ion quoted this amount, how untrue can it be?

Comment

• in-house if you willing to pay more for servicing so no issues if not don't get complications in-house. Simple as you can if you not willing to pay more for servicing, p5000 one of simple in-house.If nothing need to be replace third party technicians able to handle. But who's going to listen to my advice. What a waste...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X