Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q & A : Servicing Panerai Watches

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much does Richmond charges for polishing alone? Any1 done it b4?

    Comment


    • My experience with SIN Service Centre so far.

      Before giving the watch to the Service :



      And how it came back to me after the Service :



      Feedback from the Boutique lady regarding the scratches in the bezel : That can happen from time to time. But a good polish will solve the problem quickly.

      More later....

      Comment


      • WTF! Do you mean Richemont Service Centre?!
        The Crown Of Achievement

        Comment


        • Yes I do !
          In fact, I have a whole story about the Service Centre from Richemont in Singapore.
          The PAM311 has been shipped to Switzerland to get fixed, since Singapore is NOT able to do so. I have sent my watch 3 times this year to Richemont in Singapre and 3 times it came back in super bad condition.

          I need to wait 14 weeks to get it back from Switzerland.....

          Cheers,
          FlyingTiger

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FlyingTiger View Post
            Yes I do !
            In fact, I have a whole story about the Service Centre from Richemont in Singapore.
            The PAM311 has been shipped to Switzerland to get fixed, since Singapore is NOT able to do so. I have sent my watch 3 times this year to Richemont in Singapre and 3 times it came back in super bad condition.

            I need to wait 14 weeks to get it back from Switzerland.....

            Cheers,
            FlyingTiger
            I can feel your agony ... whatever was done (on the watch) was really unacceptable. But your incident wasn't unique. About a year back, I've a friend who sent in his 312 (bought brand new from local AD) to check some defects (his watch was slightly more than a year old then). Several weeks later, the watch was returned with additional scratches (on case-back) and an obvious speck inside the watch case.

            The watch was returned a day later to do up what was left by the technician. It was later returned a couple of weeks back and this time, a finger print was left on the glass inside the watch case! To cut the story short, my friend's watch went in and out of Richemont 3-4 times until everything was fixed.

            What can we do about it
            The Crown Of Achievement

            Comment


            • Third party servicing

              Gents- my Pam312 is running very fast and i think it is time for a maintenance. I saw a shop in United Square (Novena) called Wright time which offers servicing for around $150. Does anyone have any experience with them?

              One of the big upside (other than cost) is their really quick turnaround time of 3 days compared to potentially months at the official service centre.

              Really appreciate any feedback.

              Thanks!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by StateExpress View Post
                Gents- my Pam312 is running very fast and i think it is time for a maintenance. I saw a shop in United Square (Novena) called Wright time which offers servicing for around $150. Does anyone have any experience with them?

                One of the big upside (other than cost) is their really quick turnaround time of 3 days compared to potentially months at the official service centre.

                Really appreciate any feedback.

                Thanks!
                This is subjective. Firstly, you ought to consider if the PAM00312 comes with the OP in-house movement. If yes, then take a second thought to service it outside (of Richemont). I am not sure how easy/difficult it is to service an OP in-house movement. In addition, whether how trained/skillful the watch technician is (at Wright Time) to service/repair an in-house movement.

                On the side of caution, if I have to service a watch with an in-house movement, I would choose to do it at the agent's service centre. Of course, unless I trust a particular third party watch service technician, then I would do it outside.
                The Crown Of Achievement

                Comment


                • Ok finally decided to take it to the service centre. In case people are interested; the full service cost S$870 and it includes polishing and 1 year warranty. I also went for a new bezel which set me back another S$185.

                  They quoted me an ETA of up to 4 weeks.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by StateExpress View Post
                    Ok finally decided to take it to the service centre. In case people are interested; the full service cost S$870 and it includes polishing and 1 year warranty. I also went for a new bezel which set me back another S$185.

                    They quoted me an ETA of up to 4 weeks.
                    Appreciate the update

                    The pricing seems ok to me. Hope they do a good job

                    Let us know how it goes when you get the watch back.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

                    Comment


                    • Seconds Reset not working

                      All of the sudden, the second reset function on my 311 stop working. Sometimes it will jump a little but only as far as 3am or 9pm, but not 12oclock position.

                      Was initially thinking of sending for service but after reading the recent horror story involving another 311, I want to send in only when absolutely necessary or long overdue for service (6-7yrs maybe).

                      Question, is this something the rest have experienced before?

                      And, it this ok to leave it for the time being? I can set time, just have to wait for the second to go to 12oclock without the reset ability.

                      Otherwise, it seems running fine abide a little on the fast side.

                      Comment

                      Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

                      Collapse

                      Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X