Wow! 4000 pcs of M series 312!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! 4000 pcs of M series 312!

I think the 312 must be selling so well that it has become Pam's bread and butter model. Just saw the M serial picture in some other forum. Got a shock
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
    I think the 312 must be selling so well that it has become Pam's bread and butter model. Just saw the M serial picture in some other forum. Got a shock
    Yeah! The most attractive thing about 312 is the 1950s case and a really clean dial which appeals to me! But no stock so have to settle for 320 hehe.
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

that's like 4 times the production run for the 233L series. Personally still find it's cousin (104) more appealing ..... then again the 351 is not too shabby as well

Cheers
      Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
      Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
      Rolex Seadweller 126600
      Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
      Rolex Submariner 16610
      Tudor Pelagos LHD
      Panerai 233
      Panerai 104
      Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
      Sinn Ultimate U
      Sinn U2 S
      Sinn U1 Black (Stealth)
      Sinn U1
      Dievas Shadow
      Vihelm Talos (Blue)
      Vilhelm Elemental (Gunmetal)
      Zelos Hammerhead Bronze
      Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph (White)
      Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph
      Seiko Sportura Kinetic Chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by Dmaul77 View Post
        that's like 4 times the production run for the 233L series. Personally still find it's cousin (104) more appealing ..... then again the 351 is not too shabby as well

Cheers
        I am ok with the 104 EXCEPT the CYCLOPS! Dun prefer Pams with the cyclops thingy. Hope to get the 351 once the prices starts to stablise, the prices will be sky high as with every new Pam released.
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
          I am ok with the 104 EXCEPT the CYCLOPS! Dun prefer Pams with the cyclops thingy. Hope to get the 351 once the prices starts to stablise, the prices will be sky high as with every new Pam released.
          Guess what, I love it for the cyclops ..... guess it's the rollie sub thingy inside of me in any case to each his own
          Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712G
          Audemars Piguet 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02
          Rolex Seadweller 126600
          Rolex Deepsea Seadweller 116660
          Rolex Submariner 16610
          Tudor Pelagos LHD
          Panerai 233
          Panerai 104
          Bell & Ross BR03-92 Phantom
          Sinn Ultimate U
          Sinn U2 S
          Sinn U1 Black (Stealth)
          Sinn U1
          Dievas Shadow
          Vihelm Talos (Blue)
          Vilhelm Elemental (Gunmetal)
          Zelos Hammerhead Bronze
          Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph (White)
          Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chronograph
          Seiko Sportura Kinetic Chronograph

Comment

Yeah, agree with you, to each his own.
            1 3 5
            ├┼┼╕
            2 4 6 R

Comment

312 IS the bread and butter model for Pam in the next years to come.

Mainly because, Pam will soon use only their in-house movement and no more ETA movement.

But no need to rush out there to buy up all the ETA Pams cos there are millions.

Comment

Actually unlike rolex, the production run from PAM is only about 40,000- 50,000 per year. So it is untrue there are millions of ETAs out there. Over 10 years perhaps. This is versus an estimated production run of more than 1 million rolex per year.
                His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Originally posted by desfrie View Post
                  Actually unlike rolex, the production run from PAM is only about 40,000- 50,000 per year. So it is untrue there are millions of ETAs out there. Over 10 years perhaps. This is versus an estimated production run of more than 1 million rolex per year.
                  All the past models of Pams made with ETA put together definitely has a million around. Sorry about using loosely 'millions'.

Rolex makes about 800K to 900K watches a year spread among all its models.

Rolex definitely makes more watches than Pams.

As to bread and butter.....some models are more B&B. For example.....at one time, 116/118 were made in 3500 pcs....then 111/112 in 4000 pcs.....then 104 in 4000 pcs....then 312 in 4000 pcs. Some others are mostly in 300, 500, up to 1000 pcs. It's all their marketing strategy.

Good for consumers cos more pcs for people to buy and wear.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                    All the past models of Pams made with ETA put together definitely has a million around. Sorry about using loosely 'millions'.

Rolex makes about 800K to 900K watches a year spread among all its models.

Rolex definitely makes more watches than Pams.

As to bread and butter.....some models are more B&B. For example.....at one time, 116/118 were made in 3500 pcs....then 111/112 in 4000 pcs.....then 104 in 4000 pcs....then 312 in 4000 pcs. Some others are mostly in 300, 500, up to 1000 pcs. It's all their marketing strategy.

Good for consumers cos more pcs for people to buy and wear.
                    Im wondering if pams increase their production volume to like say half of rolex, would value drop sharply? Cos now they are adopting a limited production and ADs are keeping the watches and telling walk in customers out of stock all the time.

Regardless of value i would still keep and love my pam though! But just a tot to the majority of consumers in the world though.

Comment

Originally posted by tsetse View Post
                      Im wondering if pams increase their production volume to like say half of rolex, would value drop sharply? Cos now they are adopting a limited production and ADs are keeping the watches and telling walk in customers out of stock all the time.

Regardless of value i would still keep and love my pam though! But just a tot to the majority of consumers in the world though.
                      For sure value will drop. You try bringing a Pam to a pawnshop and see if you can get a price? Jewellery and Rolex can. Rolex is almost proxy to cash in some countries. That's the reason why they can make and still sell 900K pcs.

Pam is no where near that status but it has a following among some younger collectors.

All said, I also still love my Pams and can't imagine not having at least a few pams in my collection.

Comment

Yes it is all based on demand and supply given the high demand for PAM 312. Even the PAM 292 has a production run of 1500 pieces this year. This is good for consumers like us as ADs will not sell to us a a premium but at least at list price. Just 2 months ago, the 292 was going for above list at almost 12k at ADs.
                        His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                          For sure value will drop. You try bringing a Pam to a pawnshop and see if you can get a price? Jewellery and Rolex can. Rolex is almost proxy to cash in some countries. That's the reason why they can make and still sell 900K pcs.

Pam is no where near that status but it has a following among some younger collectors.

All said, I also still love my Pams and can't imagine not having at least a few pams in my collection.
                          Hmm ok..I agree as well, thats why all watch collectors must have at least a rolex in their collection hehe and yes! I cant imagine having at least 1 PAM in my collection! Im a sucker for PAMs!!!

Originally posted by desfrie View Post
                          Yes it is all based on demand and supply given the high demand for PAM 312. Even the PAM 292 has a production run of 1500 pieces this year. This is good for consumers like us as ADs will not sell to us a a premium but at least at list price. Just 2 months ago, the 292 was going for above list at almost 12k at ADs.
                          Yeah I do think so as well. I think their marketing strategy is working! Just last week, I was at Sincere buying my Deep Sea, an uncle was buying rolex for his daughter, he is also a watch collector and he kept saying Panerai no good la, lousy movement, etc. Somemore so exp...siao one, waste money buy panerai....hahaha but then still I Love Panerai and will buy somemore to add to my collection next time! I think its more of a personal preference I guess!

Comment

That's why in the first place, you called him an uncle. Ignorance is a bliss, some say. I am also a fan of Rolex watches but sad to say, these old stuck in the mud uncles are spoiling the image.
                            1 3 5
                            ├┼┼╕
                            2 4 6 R

Comment

aren't you people glad these old uncles don't 'believe" in Pams? If they are into Pams, there will be a greater demand and the price will shoot up again. They will be fighting with you young guns for those 500/1500/2000/4000 limited production of Pams.

btw I am still stuck in the mud uncle, who enjoys Rolex and Omega, and not Pam yet.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X