No announcement yet.

How long is a piece of string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to some people, it may be the holy grail. to others, it is not.

it is very subjective how much this piece of watch is worth.

it boils down to the buyer. if a buyer really wants the watch desperately, the buyer can offer the seller ridiculous amount.

just like me having a 6694 with a warranty paper that has

SAF Enterprise
    Tanglin Barracks stamp on it.

how much is it worth? i wonder will the SAF pay ridiculous amount for this watch to have it in their 'museum'?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i never poll cos don think will ever have such cash in the first place.

great catch there if you really do buy
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post
        From what I have been able to find out so far, the Italian Naval unit Marina Militaire only took possession of 17 units of the 202/A and I will soon have one
        Congrats on the new purchase!
        Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          to some people, it may be the holy grail. to others, it is not.

it is very subjective how much this piece of watch is worth.

it boils down to the buyer. if a buyer really wants the watch desperately, the buyer can offer the seller ridiculous amount.

just like me having a 6694 with a warranty paper that has

SAF Enterprise
          Tanglin Barracks stamp on it.

how much is it worth? i wonder will the SAF pay ridiculous amount for this watch to have it in their 'museum'?
          True but has Rolex ever made a watch for the SAF and put their name on the dial and sold those watches to the SAF? Besides, you know the history of Panerai and the Pre V's. Defintely not the same comparison.

Comment

Congrats!!

Love the "orange" markers

Comment

As much as I love these vintages, I am not able to part with so much for it.

A really nice PN Tri-colour Daytona would make me part with the money, plus I still have change for a nice PreA9.

But I know I am not comparing apples with apples.

Comment

rolex never. while panerai did.

cannot compare. what i was trying to put across is when it has something to do with history, art, etc., there is no foolproof way to put price tag against an item.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  rolex never. while panerai did.

cannot compare. what i was trying to put across is when it has something to do with history, art, etc., there is no foolproof way to put price tag against an item.

Very true, I do know this is the lowest price piece on the market these days, one similar piece, almost identical is on the market for over 100k.

But again, your statement I knew before I started the thread, hence the title, How long is a piece of string?

Comment

Pulling the trigger on a 5218...

Bro 5218-201/A,

Coming into this thread a little late, as I am a little disconnected from the PAM forum since the kick start of WC 2010.

90 to 95% is very good already; it's a 93/94 production run.

80K USD seems a fair deal, based on your description.

I think.. there is no diff between the 17 INU pieces and the other 100 plus pcs. Of course, by now, the real float in the entire market could be <50. (A wild guesstimate for alive and kicking pieces). And if we trim further down to complete sets, it wld be lesser.

It's a Risti's... dream.. wish... fantasy to own a 201 or 202. Few folks would have the real disposable liquidity to acquire and hold the 202.

If you do pull the trigger, bake some pictures fresh from the oven as soon as possible pls. How often do we talk about acquiring a 5218 in this forum.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X