Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then how come the rest of the hommage makers dun encountered this lawsuit?mayb u can refer to the 'diehard' mods of the forum that you referring to?
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I can only describe tis in hokkien: "wu lui lang gong wu lui way, bo lui lang ho lang kuar suay"
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

cheem leh..can translate bo har...hahahaha..

Comment

Which other hommage maker? And in regards to other hommages, are u referring to RXW california dial MM25? Or Retrospect watch? There are no known design patents for the california dial radiomir in the first place. Otherwise, I'm very sure that there will be lawsuits against them. If u're also referring to the Egyptian Egiziano 47mm 'hommage' at http://www.retrospectwatch.com/, there is no patent infringement as it doesn't use the patented crown guard/lever locking mechanism. As long as anyone manufactures watches with the patented crown guard design, without expressed permision or license from Officine Panerai, they are in infringement...are we on the same page in rgds to patent rights?
          http://www.paneristi.com/archives/patent/index.html

As for the mods, you can contact any of them regarding this issue, they are listed in the moderators page of www.paneristi.com.
          Last edited by Destro22BT; 12-08-08, 01:59 PM.
          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

well..there are plenty of independent watch makers in WUS...Roling,ray knight,joa and many more...u can check it out at www.watchuseek.com...feel free to contact any of the mods at the affordable sections...they will explain wad is the diff between hommages and fakes....

Comment

hommage watches? i've not really thought hard about it but at this point, i tend to categorise them in the same category as fakes. let's be realistic, if the hommage maker is not trying to ride on the proven success of a particular design, why make the watch as similar as possible to the proven design? fair? to ensure that such classic watches are available to all and not jst the well-off? maybe, but I will believe it only if the maker shows me that he is not getting a single cent from selling such hommages..
              at the end of the day, I will spend only what I can afford. if I can only buy a tag monaco reissue (a classic in its own right with its own followings), I will get it and not get a fake daytona, no matter how goot a fake it is, even if the daytona is my grail watch.
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

btw i owned both hommages and the real stuff...to me hommages are ok IMO as long i dun pass off the hommages as the panerai....my hommages aint some cheapo china movement...original unitas movements....and i find the qualities of the hommages are quite good...

Comment

although the movement or build qualities are no as good as panerais,they are good for daily usage..no heart pain if you happened to bang into things or wad...hahaha...my apologies if i sound harsh or accidentally flame any1...hahaha...as the saying goes...EACH TO HIS OWN...one man poison another man meat mentality.....so if you not into hommages then just avoid them at all costs...for me i will just enjoy wearing them...all the above comments are purely mine...no offence taken ya..

Cheers...

Feilong108

Comment

I haven't heard of those that you've listed out unfortunately. But a simple search on google pointed out this post at pmwf:http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/Forum/we...s;read=1465509
                    Does Davidsen count as one of them? Independant watch makers? I see... for a moment, I thought they are makers like Speake Marine who comes out with their own designs and their own style of refinishing a base movement.

The pictures that I see of the 'hommage' cases do not have Panerai nor Luminor written all over them...but they have clearly infringed the patent rights of Officine Panerai. Such 'independant watch makers' are the ones who steal design and try to legalise them by hiding behind the very words 'Hommage' pieces, and so are the ppl who resell such pieces.

Maybe u can point out some articles on debates on Hommages vs Fakes for us?
                    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

well..do a search in the WUS..i am sure you can get far better results...as i sae be4..to me if there are no brandings of panerais i do not consider the hommages fakes....well....maybe i aint a watch purist as some ppl are...

Comment

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...170615........ customs pieces of hommages that i am refering to...not the china made cheapo stuff..

Comment

Let me find the answer for you, according to the post made by a moderator that you've pointed out in watchuseek forums...

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...=167304&page=2

'.....Please pay special attention to the underlined section above, as that is the heart of our reasoning. So long as a watch does not claim or pretend to be another brand, and so long as it's design or technology does not infringe into another's trademarked design and/or technology, then it is legally not a counterfeit, AND ITS DISCUSSION IS ALLOWED. Call it an homage, an inspiration a styling duplicate, whatever. If the watch falls within the scope of this rule then it is allowed.....'

I think u pointed us to the answer... thank you, I hereby rest my case.
                          --Groucho Marx--

Comment

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=167470

Comment

the discussions are still ongoing on the forum...do go and check it out...that is y hommages are not fakes in their opinions....

Comment

well...still enjoying the hommage on my wrist....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X