This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ender View Post
    hommage watches? i've not really thought hard about it but at this point, i tend to categorise them in the same category as fakes. let's be realistic, if the hommage maker is not trying to ride on the proven success of a particular design, why make the watch as similar as possible to the proven design? fair? to ensure that such classic watches are available to all and not jst the well-off? maybe, but I will believe it only if the maker shows me that he is not getting a single cent from selling such hommages..
    at the end of the day, I will spend only what I can afford. if I can only buy a tag monaco reissue (a classic in its own right with its own followings), I will get it and not get a fake daytona, no matter how goot a fake it is, even if the daytona is my grail watch.
    Agreed - there is definitely an element of hommage manufacturers attempting to pass off a non-original as an original (and likely much loved/much desired) item. Personally, having the real McCoy on my wrist gives me great satisfaction even if it means that I have to take a longer time to put together the funds for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      I can only describe tis in hokkien: "wu lui lang gong wu lui way, bo lui lang ho lang kuar suay"
      Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
      cheem leh..can translate bo har...hahahaha..
      In English: "Rich pple talk rich words, poor pple let others look dwn"

Let's rest tis discussion. No end one. U got money, buy te real thing. No money, buy te "look like real" thing.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

sad but true........ but in the end, up to you. you not comfortable wearing homage because scared fake, then dont wear .
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

In English: "Rich pple talk rich words, poor pple let others look dwn"

Let's rest tis discussion. No end one. U got money, buy te real thing. No money, buy te "look like real" thing.
          Bro, i beg to differ lah. You can be poor and yet earn ur respect through other ways. The most important thing is one should never look down on onself no matter what.

Comment

Can anyone enlighten me about this Marina Militare watches that are selling lesser than 200SGD..

Where are they produced??

Comment

Hi,

Why not you ask the sellers themselves? Better from the horses' mouths than to be mislead. I've bought mine from reach10 (Jonathan) and he informed that his watches are from an American watch maker called "Navale". According to Jonathan, his watches are fully produced by Navale, and he gives 3 months' warranty. I am not sure about the others though.

Hope this helps.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I apologise if the following statement offends anyone...

But i just feel that the Marina Militare is like a fake PAM...... I dunno how to bring myself to wear it.....

Comment

hahaha..simple mah..then dun go for hommages..hahaha...plonk 6k on a pam...kekeke
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

hahaha..simple mah..then dun go for hommages..hahaha...plonk 6k on a pam...kekeke
                    easier said than done
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

hi

Originally posted by izee13 View Post
                      Why do we begrudge people who wear fake or homage products ie pams?

Can all the members here solemly swear that they have never worn or use such 'things' before?

I remember reading an article in a watch magazine about 'aftermarket straps'. In it, the bigshot of Panerai branded all panerai 'aftermarket straps' as fakes. He even called them '****'! So, are many of us not wearing 'fakes' then?

I confess that I'd worn fake/homage rolex and pam. Why? Because I love those watches but at that point of time, I couldn't afford them and I was not ashamed to acknowledge that those were not the 'real mccoy'.

Now, I have 2 genuine rolexes and 1 pam and am thinking of buying another one. Now, I even make my own straps for my pam.

Why should we deprive ourselves of something valuable or interesting just because we do not have the money to possess it at this point of time?

So, should we then condemn those car enthusiasts who 'souped up' their cars just because they could not afford to buy 'Ferraris'? I bet if they have the money, they would buy the real sportscars.

Sometimes, by wearing or using the 'unreal ones', it would keep our dreams and passion alive of owning the 'real ones'.

The only distinction is when somebody knowingly passes a fake or homage as the 'real mccoy'.
                      this i truely agree

Comment

hi

I can only describe tis in hokkien: "wu lui lang gong wu lui way, bo lui lang ho lang kuar suay"
                        is it translated this way? rich ppl say rich words, poor ppl let ppl see no up haha

Comment

Pocket deep deep can eat shark fin very meal hahaha Pocket not deep still need to eat also and still can choose to eat different type of cheap food.

There are shark fin soup selling at hawker center too can we say that is fake shark fin?
                          You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                            I apologise if the following statement offends anyone...
                            But i just feel that the Marina Militare is like a fake PAM...... I dunno how to bring myself to wear it.....
                            No need to apologise. To each his own. Buy and wear whatever rocks your boat.
                            "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                            three times is enemy action and
                            over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                            ."

Comment

yeah..that the way!!!hahaha..after all it is your choice
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

It is all about individual's buying behaviour. You can't say this and that is wrong. Lets pass the ball and move on.
                                I own a Rolex !

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X