No announcement yet.

Advice : Panerai Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, Richemont is turning my 44mm Solid Gold Luminor into 30.1mm after polishing. I still need to pay $140-200 ! And yet they pocketed the 30 percent gold dust out of my watch ??? "I'm enough Mr. Nice Guy" LOL!

Comment

Yeap

Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
      Thanks to the 2 bros who shared their views for me to consider...
      Btw, for bro fred... if i had polished my pam, does it mean that the price will be cheaper if i wanna sell it? Although i dun think i will sell...Just curious about it...
      As you can see in some WTB post in Paneristi.com, polished watch are not accepted by some serious collector.

I guess PAM are tool watch & they are meant to be knocked up a bit here & there...if you look at all the vintage 2/56, GPF, 3646, 6152, 6154 and even the Pre-Vs, they are all dinged, dang, clanged, knocked & etc....
      Just like vintage Rolex Subs, I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
        Hi all bros and sistas,

Currently situation of my 312K hav afew scratches on it, and would like to know where will u guys recommend to do it up and look like brand new!
        Because both the polished and brushed surface are also scratched, is there a way to do it?
        Went to bright-time before and the sales person said my watch's scratches are quite deep (but doesn't look like it for me...lol), maybe i dun know how deep is considered deep for a watch. But they said it could be polished off.
        Please let me know where can i do it, how long do i hav to leave my watch there and the damage, of cos!
        Thanks in advance!
        I'm a cheapo here...I choose to hands on ,self taught pickup some trick & pocket my $$ on new strap. 1#Mask up the scratch area & use Cap Cod on glossy surface ( The trick is to move in circular motion wif the watch & place the Cap Cod stationary on the table) 2# For Brush surface... get tis product, remember to follow the same direction of the brush area.I did it wif wonderful result,so can u. Is good to try tis DIY .It save u $$$$ in long run bro & get to wear it on the same day! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Z4AE?...NAT4WP3DDWXMS&

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
          I'm a cheapo here...I choose to hands on ,self taught pickup some trick & pocket my $$ on new strap. 1#Mask up the scratch area & use Cap Cod on glossy surface ( The trick is to move in circular motion wif the watch & place the Cap Cod stationary on the table) 2# For Brush surface... get tis product, remember to follow the same direction of the brush area.I did it wif wonderful result,so can u. Is good to try tis DIY .It save u $$$$ in long run bro & get to wear it on the same day! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Z4AE?...NAT4WP3DDWXMS&
          I mean use Masking tap to cover those spotless area.Sorry for typing too quick bro.Of couse there are some challenge facing corners /angles which required use own innovative to reach. LOL!

Comment

i sure agree

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
            Am I missing something here? I have been to Richemont countless times and not once I was guaranteed more than 70% left thingy. They only assess the watch and tell me whether it needs a light polish or a full polish. Nothing mentioned about %.

Anyone has similar experience?
            Bro, u are very right, i agree... they are alw F#@* smart alec around trying to boast their expert advise around. Never was i told that Richmont could polish watch to a certain percentage.

Bro Daytonalover you send me a private message and i will tell you a good place to polish, cheap, reliable, guarantee satisfaction plus only takes 3 days. Many 2nd watchshop dealers send to them for polishing at reasonable cheap rate but quote much higher to the customers.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by itsc View Post
              Bro, u are very right, i agree... they are alw F#@* smart alec around trying to boast their expert advise around. Never was i told that Richmont could polish watch to a certain percentage.

Bro Daytonalover you send me a private message and i will tell you a good place to polish, cheap, reliable, guarantee satisfaction plus only takes 3 days. Many 2nd watchshop dealers send to them for polishing at reasonable cheap rate but quote much higher to the customers.
              Hi bro ,
              Pls PM me can ?

Rgds
              Focal JM_Labs .
              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
              Cartier Santos 100XL
              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

polishing shop

Hi Brabus... PM send.

Comment

Polishing for Panerai

Hi there, anyone knows where to polish pam other than richemont?
                  Thanks in advance.............

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    Hi there, anyone knows where to polish pam other than richemont?
                    Thanks in advance.............
                    Hi, you may want to try JW.

http://www.jwwatch.com/

cheers

Comment

Approach these?

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=35327
                      http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=44109

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Preference would be to bring back to Richemont to get the polishing job according to the original specifications. Their service work would be covered by a 12 month warranty. However they do charge more.

Why do I say this? I had a friend who had his Cartier watch serviced by RSC. However after the servicing, he found the watch to be running slow. The watch was brought back to RSC and checked, something was found to be faulty and replaced at no extra costs. If the same was to be done outside, I'm sure you will have to pay additional for the faulty part.

Comment

Polishing of panerai

Hi there, wonder if anyone have any good place to polish. I have check with places like JW and Visiotime. Any other recommended place which are less expensive but does a good job?

Comment

aren't you afraid you pay peanuts, you get monkey? i rather pay slightly more to someone who can do a better job than save abit and the standard is not to expectation.

if i were you, i will send in a less expensive watch to polish and see their workmanship. then send in another piece. if other forum members including myself tell you say XXXX can do a good polishing job, but when you send in your watch, the polishing is not up to your standard, then how?

Originally posted by downxxer View Post
                            Any other recommended place which are less expensive but does a good job?
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I think triton is spot on...
                              After spending thousands on the watch, i wouldn't care less abt those few hundreds.

Don't be penny wise, pound foolish.

Comment

Don't mind let me hijack this topic since it's similar. I'm actually looking for a shop that will "brushed" the polished part of a luminor case to look like those 1950s case. Anyone knows if there are reliable shops who provide such services locally?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X