• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great advice
    +1 for u

Originally posted by triton View Post
    everyone is entitled to own opinion.

however, when things turn out otherwise, in the case if the watch movement is damaged. then how? are you going to go up to the person who gave you the wrong advice and ask the person to pay for cost of repair?

it is similar to whether an automatic watch placed on a winder with higher than recommended TPD, if the watch movement is damaged, can the seller of the watch winder be responsible?

if you want to take care of your watch, it is your choice, if you want to subject it to unnecessary abuse, it is your choice. ultimately, the watch belongs to you. how you want to treat the watch is your own personal choice. most important is that you
    Overheard at local AD - 'rolex is going to increase price soon' :snore:

Comment

Nice advices by all. I believe its better to play safe den sorry
      Current:
      Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
      Panerai 312N
      Panerai 233O
      Sevenfriday P1-2
      Sevenfriday M2-2
      Seiko SBBN015

Past:
      Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
      Panerai 005N
      Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

Best is to wait for the real time to match the time on your watch. no need to adjust time.

anyone tell me this is not safe

PS : if come with date, wait for a month

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          everyone is entitled to own opinion.

however, when things turn out otherwise, in the case if the watch movement is damaged. then how? are you going to go up to the person who gave you the wrong advice and ask the person to pay for cost of repair?

it is similar to whether an automatic watch placed on a winder with higher than recommended TPD, if the watch movement is damaged, can the seller of the watch winder be responsible?

the effect of abusing the watch movement may not be seen or felt immediately, it can be many years later. i know of a moderator who takes cares of his watches with utmost care, that is why i will feel comfortable buying watches from him. in fact, i told this moderator that i want the first right of refusal should he want to sell a particular watch.

if you want to take care of your watch, it is your choice, if you want to subject it to unnecessary abuse, it is your choice. ultimately, the watch belongs to you. how you want to treat the watch is your own personal choice.

i will take the side with seikosiao and Dfive which is be safe than sorry.
          can u share who is tis moderater. can email me? wan 2 noe if he got watches to sell tat i wan wan

Comment

As in no need to turn the hour minute hands?

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
            Best is to wait for the real time to match the time on your watch. no need to adjust time.

anyone tell me this is not safe

PS : if come with date, wait for a month
            Overheard at local AD - 'rolex is going to increase price soon' :snore:

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
              Found on the net :

" What is the rule in changing the dates in a Swiss mechanical watch?

It is important to remember that you do not change the date when the hour hand is in between 9 and 3. The Swiss watch mechanism that is responsible for incrementing the date (wheel) does so by gradually accumulating (or building up) tension. At 12am, the accumulated tension is released and quickly applied to rotating the date wheel, hence the instant flip. I believe this mechanism accumulates tension starting at 8pm, continuing to do so until midnight, hence the need for the "8pm-2am recommendation". The safest is to simply not change the date if the time shows between 9:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m on any watch.

If you pick up a watch and the time shows between 9:00pm and 3:00am simply wait to change the date, or change the time to 6:00am and then change the date - no big deal. It actually becomes a habit after a while.

With some watches you can damage the date change mechanism. The watch will probably keep running, but the date won't change anymore. "
              Hi bro... What abt watches with non quickset movement...??? Cos there was once when i didn't put my 1601 on a winder for abt a month and then had to wind n wind the watch until it changed for another twenty days... Will that spoil the tension mechanism...??
              HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
              ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
              Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
              Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
              Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
              TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
              G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
              Rolex ladies datejust
              vintage Cartier tank 18k
              TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
                Hi bro... What abt watches with non quickset movement...??? Cos there was once when i didn't put my 1601 on a winder for abt a month and then had to wind n wind the watch until it changed for another twenty days... Will that spoil the tension mechanism...??
                You mean you have to wind hands past 12 twice right ? ( a 24hrs cycle ) But How else to change date then ?

I'd assume they made it this way or it's a silly design right
                ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                  You mean you have to wind hands past 12 twice right ? ( a 24hrs cycle ) But How else to change date then ?

I'd assume they made it this way or it's a silly design right
                  Ya la... That doesn't make any sense abt the tension mechanism...
                  HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                  ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                  Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                  Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                  Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                  TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                  G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                  Rolex ladies datejust
                  vintage Cartier tank 18k
                  TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by relac88
                    Whats a tension mechanism
                    This thread is giving me a tension headache.... Perhaps thats the Mechanism... LOL !!!
                    ROLEX.

Comment

Wah... I don't know that is so much to take note on an auto watch.

Would it be better if I get a watch winder if I don't always wear it?

Comment

It would save trouble of adjusting time and winding crown

Originally posted by diko View Post
                        Wah... I don't know that is so much to take note on an auto watch.

Would it be better if I get a watch winder if I don't always wear it?

Comment

Diff way of setting time

Hi is 16013 n 16234 setting the time turning way diff cos I notice
                          When I setting my 16234 I turn the crown upward to let the needle go round
                          N when I setting my 16013 I turn the crown downward to let the needle go round

Comment

Both have different movement mah... 16234 is having the 3135... 16013 is having the 3035 if I am not wrong...

You can google to find out of the movement changes...

Comment

ya thank for reply

Comment

Time setting

Still quite lost in setting the 2nd time zone on a GMT. Any quick links to e manual? Mine is in all language except english...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X