This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
    In the past when I used RSC , the scratches I get are mostly on the 4 lugs.
    worse if the spring bar "Cuts" the lug ,that you cannot polish off.
    these are caused by the springbar when the technician struggles with the bracelet to fit the watch in
    some cases.

To prevent the above, I mentioned in another thread they should tap up the 4 lugs, that way the process will be flawless... but then again who am I to teach the folks at RSC what to do ha!
    Ok since my visit to the RSC was rather recent, I did see the technicians taped up the lugs when they handled those watches. As for "who am I to teach the folks at RSC ...", well, I did, though I'm a nobody because it was my precious watch that I needed their hands on. I specifically instructed the lady staff at the counter to taped up the lugs when they handled my watch and she acknowledged. I even stayed behind to see that the technician abided by those instructions.

Originally posted by kohym View Post
    Remember this video that was once shared here? A youtube video in french about the Rolex factory. There is this scene showing how a bracelet is fit onto a GMT II tt. Very smart little gadget that presses the two ends of the springbar in then slide the watch head into position. They should have that in all service centres, not?
    Speaking of this, I am actually looking for such a tool. Can anyone help?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Ok since my visit to the RSC was rather recent, I did see the technicians taped up the lugs when they handled those watches. As for "who am I to teach the folks at RSC ...", well, I did, though I'm a nobody because it was my precious watch that I needed their hands on. I specifically instructed the lady staff at the counter to taped up the lugs when they handled my watch and she acknowledged. I even stayed behind to see that the technician abided by those instructions.

Speaking of this, I am actually looking for such a tool. Can anyone help?
      Hi bro, I was told not to wait as my watch may not be next in line. So you waited there?

I don't think for consumer got such a tool but i may be wrong.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
      http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yes, I waited till I saw my watch being handled (professionally) by the technicians. I left for a while but remained in 'close proximity' so that I could swiftly arrive to collect it when it was ready.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Just collected my 16234 K Series.

Put it in this morning 10am, 2pm called me say can collect.

Hear the $100 answer... Everything's authentic, and wanted to poison me to send it in for servicing. Technician commented (or is it the sales rep??) the winding not that smooth, requires oiling.

I told her that the sapphire crystal is a new one with the logo etching logo, again the sales rep said all is authentic, so why worry. Maybe changed elsewhere cos no records in RSC-SG.

Quickly grab the catalogue, paid $107 and make a quick exit.

Comment

• how much is it to verfy a ROlex submarine 16613 TT izit still at $107?? my last trip to RSC they told mi need a few days for verfication and they told mi verfication cannot be done within a day??? is that true??

Comment

• Ya that's very true. Did a verification a couple months back...n that is how exactly it is nowadays. Still $107, but cannot be done within a day. You have to make 2 trips down, unfortunately. No cert issued. Just a receipt with not much information to be honest. I guess if they do return you your watch, its genuine then...haha if not they confiscate(just guessing here).

Originally posted by dicap84 View Post
              how much is it to verfy a ROlex submarine 16613 TT izit still at $107?? my last trip to RSC they told mi need a few days for verfication and they told mi verfication cannot be done within a day??? is that true??

Comment

• Originally posted by angsu View Post
                No cert issued. Just a receipt with not much information to be honest. I guess if they do return you your watch, its genuine then...haha if not they confiscate(just guessing here).
                So they will not put on the receipt that the watch is genuine? Not worth $107 leh...
                I'm in bad company........

Comment

• Originally posted by t28 View Post
                  So they will not put on the receipt that the watch is genuine? Not worth $107 leh...
                  An invoice, a Rolex leather pouch and peace of mind!

Comment

• hmm.. i didn't get the leather pouch....

Comment

• Auntie at Rsc does not know what is a chapter ring... My gosh

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolacksg View Post
                        Auntie at Rsc does not know what is a chapter ring... My gosh
                        And do you know what a chapter ring is?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• hello just curious. usually buy a rolex, how often do we need to service it?

Comment

• The information you are seeking is readily available in the forum. You could have search for it first. You also didn't state if the watch is a pre-owned piece or brand new one. Depending how old and the condition the watch is, if it is pre-owned, may be 4-5 yrs. If it's a new piece and depending how it is worn, probably 8-10 years.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• anyone been to rolex center recently to verify or service watch?
                              anymore incidents of scratched watches ?

Comment

• I was told today by rolex center price increase to overhaul of my sub starting 1st of jun 2012, from $790 to $920.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X