This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
    i also think chubb are better but i think they also cost much more..

some pricing info on the Eagle Safes (from straits time):

ES-031D $720
    SS-031D $498

between Key + Mechanical lock vs Combination Lock / Es- Electronic Push Button, which is better choice?
    key and mechanical lock is better imo. however combination lock and electronic keypad should be harder to break/crack.

Originally posted by surestik View Post
    Chubb and Eagle safes are in different league altogether.
    If I'm not wrong, Eagle safes are from Korea. I bought one of their safes that can tuck snugly in the wardrobe cabinet more than 10 years ago. Basically safes are more or less the same. Both share the same virtue, to serve as a deterrent.
    For me, the eagle has served me well all these years.
    at the end of the day, a safe's quality is based on three things
    1) the quality of materials, no use a big safe if the material is substandard. any oxygas gun will cut thru it like a hot knife thru butter.
    2) construction (everything needs to be sealed. ie hinges, internal joints etc.)
    3) area of which it will be housed in. bolting it to the floor and walls may be good, but will the construction hold up??
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Any comment on Bumil safe?

Comment

best you check and compare the technical specs. that is the best way of determining whether any one model is better than another
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Some things to consider

Hi,

any brother here has experience or use Eagle Safe?

http://www.filedex.com.sg/product2.htm

thanks in advance

Better to buy non electronic ones because they don't last. But when buying mechanical, problem is the combination code is fixed.

Never heard of Eagle - Chubb better but expensive.

Comment

look for Aiko -japan made...
            Last edited by jSkywalker; 18-10-08, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Oh... the combination code can be changed for mechanical

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              Better to buy non electronic ones because they don't last. But when buying mechanical, problem is the combination code is fixed.

Never heard of Eagle - Chubb better but expensive.

Comment

anyone know how to change the mechanical combo??
                Blue 6694
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

i think not all code can be changed, at least not for those less expensive brand/model

Originally posted by 116520 View Post

Comment

Can be changed. I personally don't know how to change it. The person who sell you the safe can change the code for you. When you change the code, you need to open the safe door, the person will open the back of the door and "reset" the code and let you reset the code....

Comment

hmm...the sales person for Diplomat Safes told me the mechanical code cannot be changed leh...

Can be changed. I personally don't know how to change it. The person who sell you the safe can change the code for you. When you change the code, you need to open the safe door, the person will open the back of the door and "reset" the code and let you reset the code....

Comment

Sorry maybe different brand different spec...

hmm...the sales person for Diplomat Safes told me the mechanical code cannot be changed leh...

Comment

ya.. think so too.

here's some info on Eagles Safe:
                          Key and Combination Safes All SS Model comes with keylock and combination lock. A Resetable Combination lock is fitted from model SS032 and above.

Sorry maybe different brand different spec...

Comment

i open my door myself and saw the disc, was about to go and play with the disc, but saw a spring, and didnt bother.

must see, if there is a lockpin, allowing manual adjusting/resetting, then you are in luck.

ya.. think so too.

here's some info on Eagles Safe:
                            Key and Combination Safes All SS Model comes with keylock and combination lock. A Resetable Combination lock is fitted from model SS032 and above.
                            this feature is not hard to install. just need to be able to readjust the position of the disc. as it is basically a "C" shaped disc and all the "C" need to be aligned to be able to open.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

ok, maybe the cheaper mechanical ones...

...code cannot be changed.

there's a counter at IMM, selling Korean made ones. About SGD 500 and above, depending on size. Their mechanical ones come with sealed envelope with code inside. And I was told those are fixed.

Imagine.... "You buy the safe from them, they have the code in their record, and they know where the safe is delivered to..." how to buy?

The electronic kind you can change the codes yourself but I understand electronic systems don't last and spoil easily too... that's what I read on some websites....

Comment

for some brand/model (more expensive) .. the mechanical code can be changed.

and i agree that mechanical safe would outlast the electronic counterpart

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                                ...code cannot be changed.

there's a counter at IMM, selling Korean made ones. About SGD 500 and above, depending on size. Their mechanical ones come with sealed envelope with code inside. And I was told those are fixed.

Imagine.... "You buy the safe from them, they have the code in their record, and they know where the safe is delivered to..." how to buy?

The electronic kind you can change the codes yourself but I understand electronic systems don't last and spoil easily too... that's what I read on some websites....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X