• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! How detail can you be
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Good info mr taxico.

I agree that $75 can't get the whole movement certified genuine.
      But that's pretty much what a layman can get. Paying for some confidence.
      Like audit. Still scam but no one better for some trust.

For parts if material quality same and finishing/tolerance same.
      No one can tell too. Rolex finishing is no PP.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• My view is that there is no real need to pay the 75. I only go when buyers want it. Either you rely on your own knowledge or send in for a full 790 service.

They do not tell you about period correctness other than the obvious (bracelet). For vintage, they may even refuse to authenticate the watch if the serial number cannot be seen clearly....but that is not to say the watch is not real and original.

Comment

• thanks for the clarification. so this would mean that RSC $75 is not a true authentication process. for that, i think i wont pay them for any authentication fee in future.

also maybe you can shed some light why is it that they ask me to service couple of the 6694 that i brought in? can they say that it is in need of a service by just opening the case and not looking at the movement by not removing the rotor? because they do tell me that this part, that part(exclude the parts based on visual inspection) needs to be replaced because they are worn

Originally posted by taxico View Post
          the only way to GUARANTEE that it is ENTIRELY 101% genuine and original is to send it for a full $1,000 RSC service, not a $75 visual inspection.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
            ... so this would mean that RSC $75 is not a true authentication process. for that, i think i wont pay them for any authentication fee in future.
            that is MY opinion. i'm entitled to it, whether or not it's true. for example, i -just- met a seller who was shocked that i would be willing to buy it without paying the $75 fee at RSC. he said that he would not be able to buy a rolex without authenticating it first...

i guess what i should have said was: at RSC or at mcdonald's... you pays yer money and you takes yer chances...

Originally posted by triton View Post
            also maybe you can shed some light why is it that they ask me to service couple of the 6694 that i brought in? can they say that it is in need of a service by just opening the case and not looking at the movement by not removing the rotor? because they do tell me that this part, that part(exclude the parts based on visual inspection) needs to be replaced because they are worn
            regarding your question... you're probably better off reading this first:

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...ate-980...-(!)
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• ooops... typo!

you pays yer moneys and you takes yer chances...!

btw, a worn bushing can be seen/heard.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• I have always bought watches without paying the 75. Just do homework and buy the seller. A trusted seller that is knowledgeable is worth the 5 to 10% premium.

Comment

• thanks taxico and KuchingKu for your insight
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Thanks for all the experts here and their advice. So bottom line, to be 100% sure, send in the watch for full service ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cmclee View Post
                      Thanks for all the experts here and their advice. So bottom line, to be 100% sure, send in the watch for full service ?
                      AND/OR, buy it new from an AD..
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        AND/OR, buy it new from an AD..
                        excluding vintage....keke
                        累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

• RSC Verification steps

Hi all,

Just like to check if i buy from a seller a BNIB sub and we agree to meet at RSC for verification, upon completion can RSC resize the watch for me or i need to go outside to resize myself? If outside resize where can i do it?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• The RSC would resize for you.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• And it is free of charge.
                              Present:
                              Rolex Explorer I , 114270
                              Rolex Explorer II , 16570
                              Rolex Submariner 16110 LV
                              Tudor Glamour DayDate, 56003
                              Tag Heur Classic 2000
                              Orient Diver CEM75001B

Comment

• Originally posted by prince7 View Post
                                And it is free of charge.