Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when doing verification, would the technician also advise for a service, or let you know if there is any parts that need changing, etc if they notice anything wrong with the watch?

Comment

• Yes.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Recent experience for all to be aware:

1. verification now takes a long time, and the staff at the counter said that gone are the days when you collect on the day itself.

2. asking for quotation with a view to verify does not work anyhow. it takes a day or two for them to run through the watch to provide a quote. you can choose not to service with RSC but you will still be charged S$107.

cheers.
        Current pieces:
        Tag Heuer Pilot Chronograph
        Tag Heuer 2000
        Evant Tropic Diver Bronze Green
        Le Jour Mk I - 001
        IWC Portuguese 7-Days
        PAM 104
        PAM 233
        PAM 716
        Rolex 16570 (Polar)

Rolex 16234
        Rolex 116900 (Air-King)
        Rolex 114060
        Several Seiko New & Vintage

Wish-list 2018:
        More Seikos
        Rolex 126710BLRO (GMT2)

Comment

• anyone just did service for 3186 movement? (GMT2/ exp 2 etc.)

can disclose how much is it?

Thanks.

Comment

• Rolex center don't do verficiation anymore, anybody know have reliable dealer to do it? And at what cost? Pls advise

Comment

• Originally posted by lanmonster View Post
              Rolex center don't do verficiation anymore, anybody know have reliable dealer to do it? And at what cost? Pls advise
              For a start you may want to approach some of the forum advertisers first. I'm not sure which ones provide authentication service. Have heard some others that do like Top Hour @Lucky Plaza and JWWatch @International Plaza.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Ok,here's a little trick to make your money worth it.

For those who have the SS models and want to authenticate it,I have the trick for you. Instead of getting it just checked,pay $75 for an extra link. When those pros see the watch they can tell one,if it's not real they will tell you watch might not be real and ask you to pay $75 for it then you tell them NO. By then you know your watch is alittle cranky already.You can also get an extra link right?

If not,you pretend you want to resize your bracelet then ask them to do it. Once they touch and feel the watch they know already...hehehe free authentication.

What do you think?

But it is worth it only for SS models,TT models the links are about $100 plus so not that worth it
                Is it expensive?

Comment

• rsc verification

hi all,
                  is it cfm that rsc no longer do verificiation?i do know quite a few sec hand dealer that do verification like jw.what actually they do for the verification?do they open up the watch to check?i plan buy sec hand datejust at either chuan or kb luxury.without rolex warranty card and box is it safe to buy?if next time i want sell ,without box and cert i notice the price seem cheaper comapare with box and cert.i do know both are reputable shop. it just that i wanna feel safe and at least have piece of mind since i spent

heng78

Comment

• Originally posted by heng78 View Post
                    hi all,
                    is it cfm that rsc no longer do verificiation?i do know quite a few sec hand dealer that do verification like jw.what actually they do for the verification?do they open up the watch to check?i plan buy sec hand datejust at either chuan or kb luxury.without rolex warranty card and box is it safe to buy?if next time i want sell ,without box and cert i notice the price seem cheaper comapare with box and cert.i do know both are reputable shop. it just that i wanna feel safe and at least have piece of mind since i spent

heng78
                    Yes, it is CORRECT that the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) in Singapore had stopped to provide watch authentication service. Whether they opened up the case back to check the watch movement I am not sure. You will have to check with the various watch companies. Whether it is safe to buy from those companies you mentioned, is subjective. I do not see any problem as long you do due diligence.

Price wise, it is rather obvious the price differences - with and without paper/box, etc. You buy lower without paper, you will sell lower too.

Well, good luck
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X