Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKing View Post
    As a complement to your article the Professional Watchmakers of Australia are holding a petition, look like its not only rolex but swiss watches, http://www.save-the-time.org/
    I support this. Swiss Giants should not crowd out the smaller players. It should be a win-win for both.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
    http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I guess it takes top management involvment to improve staff quality
      But is top management even interested in customers' feedback and complaints?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKing View Post
        As a complement to your article the Professional Watchmakers of Australia are holding a petition, look like its not only rolex but swiss watches, http://www.save-the-time.org/
        there was a thread (in another forum) i read a while ago on AP watches and their service centres in the usa. their attitude is many times worse than rolex *imo*.

do you think they care? i dont think so. the only way to prove a point would be to stop buying watches/using their services. but realistically i dont see that happening.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Problem is, AP charge 3x what rolex is charging for servicing

Comment

• Latest discovery other than having wrong sized spring bars inserted into my bracelet during a 'complete overhaul' by RSc Singapore which caused me SGD850. My suspicions is correct. RSC Singapore failed to replace my 16710 with a new crown as stated in the 'Complete overhaul' tax invoice. How do I know this? I would never have found out if I don't have a LNIB 16570 Explorer II. Even my used Explorer II in LNIB condition has got a crown with sharper edges than one being 'Completely overhauled' by RSC Singapore.

If this forum is picture friendly I would have posted macro shots for you to decide if RSC did indeed replace the crown or not. Which in this instance I am pretty sure even the crown tube wasn't replaced at all in the 'complete overhaul' at all.

So for those fellow forum members that think RSC Singapore is offering you good service and are very impressed when they offer you a 'drink' please wake up. You are there to get your watch serviced and overhauled. RSC Singapore is not a restaurant.

Comment

• Latest discovery other than having wrong sized spring bars inserted into my bracelet during a 'complete overhaul' by RSc Singapore which caused me SGD850. My suspicions is correct when I said my watch wasn't completely taken apart.

I have found out that RSC Singapore DID NOT replace my 16710 with a new crown as stated in the 'Complete overhaul' tax invoice. How do I know this? I would never have found out if I don't have a LNIB 16570 Explorer II lying around in the safe which I hardly wore. 16570 Exporer II have the same crown as the 16710 GMT Master and the crown on my 16570 Explorer is a much sharper 'fresh out of the factory' brand new crown while the one on my 16710 GMT Master 'complete overhaul' by RSC Singapore is still in much older condition, pretty much still the same as before I send it in.

If this forum is picture friendly I would have posted macro shots for you to decide if RSC did indeed replace the crown or not. Which in this instance I am pretty sure even the crown tube wasn't replaced and GOd knows what other parts that needed replaced isn't at all in the 'complete overhaul'.

So for those fellow forum members that think RSC Singapore is offering you good service when they offer you a 'drink' please wake up. You are there to get your watch serviced and overhauled. RSC Singapore is not a restaurant. Happy Reading.

Comment

• did you feedback your findings to rolex center?
                how was their reaction?

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  there is no incentive to provide good customer service if this article is true.

sounds like a brillient business model. have your customers by the balls and come to you only. that way you can charge the earth and the moon, and give substandard service (customer and/or otherwise).

to be honest, if this is indeed true, i will personally not be buying another rolex watch. afterall, why must i let a manufacturer put a bull nose ring on me, and have me by my balls.
                  Cool link bro... but this line IN the article is just stupid:

"It's un-Australian to have a mentality of not letting people have a choice of where they get their watches repaired."

Australian or not has Sweet F.A. to do with watches.... hahahaha.......
                  ROLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atomant View Post
                    Latest discovery other than having wrong sized spring bars inserted into my bracelet during a 'complete overhaul' by RSc Singapore which caused me SGD850. My suspicions is correct. RSC Singapore failed to replace my 16710 with a new crown as stated in the 'Complete overhaul' tax invoice. How do I know this? I would never have found out if I don't have a LNIB 16570 Explorer II. Even my used Explorer II in LNIB condition has got a crown with sharper edges than one being 'Completely overhauled' by RSC Singapore.

If this forum is picture friendly I would have posted macro shots for you to decide if RSC did indeed replace the crown or not. Which in this instance I am pretty sure even the crown tube wasn't replaced at all in the 'complete overhaul' at all.

So for those fellow forum members that think RSC Singapore is offering you good service and are very impressed when they offer you a 'drink' please wake up. You are there to get your watch serviced and overhauled. RSC Singapore is not a restaurant.
                    I would also think that any watch enthusiast would be a complete idiot if he/she claimed that a watch servicing company has good service if they offer a drink only and fail to deliver the watch service.

Please wake up and see that i am satisfied with their servicing because they change my bezel insert and send it to cleaning upon request without charges as it is under warranty. Over and beyond, I am pleasantly surprise that they offer a drink for me while I'm waiting for my watch.

Comment

• appears some are happy, some are unhappy with rolex center
                      maybe their service quality is inconsistent

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
                      I would also think that any watch enthusiast would be a complete idiot if he/she claimed that a watch servicing company has good service if they offer a drink only and fail to deliver the watch service.

Please wake up and see that i am satisfied with their servicing because they change my bezel insert and send it to cleaning upon request without charges as it is under warranty. Over and beyond, I am pleasantly surprise that they offer a drink for me while I'm waiting for my watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                        Cool link bro... but this line IN the article is just stupid:

"It's un-Australian to have a mentality of not letting people have a choice of where they get their watches repaired."

Australian or not has Sweet F.A. to do with watches.... hahahaha.......
                        i agree. it was written with for an australian audience, hence the term "un australian".
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                          Problem is, AP charge 3x what rolex is charging for servicing
                          omg,are u serious? can anyone tell me which brand's servicing has the most reasonable charges? maybe 3-5% of buying prices? rolex is charging me about 10% of my sub date which i bought at $7444 and i find it absurb.

Comment

• Originally posted by ApriliaRSV View Post
                            omg,are u serious? can anyone tell me which brand's servicing has the most reasonable charges? maybe 3-5% of buying prices? rolex is charging me about 10% of my sub date which i bought at $7444 and i find it absurb.
                            I dont think this is an acurate gauge for rolex or any brand. from my limited experience with RSC, I realised that they levy a standard charge of SGD740 for basic servicing for all models that I have brought in so far - vintage, current and sports models. however, if you decide not to service after the quotation is provided, and decide to bring it in several months later to service, the quotation will escalate two folds to sgd1400.
                            I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                            http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

• What is the basis and justification for a two fold jump in a few months?

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                              I dont think this is an acurate gauge for rolex or any brand. from my limited experience with RSC, I realised that they levy a standard charge of SGD740 for basic servicing for all models that I have brought in so far - vintage, current and sports models. however, if you decide not to service after the quotation is provided, and decide to bring it in several months later to service, the quotation will escalate two folds to sgd1400.

Comment

• none at all. but every single time i brought in the same piece the second time the price jumps two fold.
                                I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                                http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X