Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 weeks up.
    Scenerio: My date does not change instantaneously (sorta like rollover and change completely at 2am) and it is faster as compare to my other rolex. And I realise the gold coating at the 'bezel triangle is uneven'. Requested to change the whole bezel.

Initial diagnose: 'Yup, we will retained the watch for 2 weeks to service the watch on the date. We find nothing wrong with the coating on the triangle.'

I shined a LED light on the gold triangle bezel and ask the service manager: ' Can u find me another GMT2 TT that has the some unevenness?' SHe reply 'No' I request to change the whole bezel.

They just call me to say that they have change te whole bezel and clean the movement and everything is as good as new. Ok. I am satsfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackjack View Post
      2 weeks up.
      Scenerio: My date does not change instantaneously (sorta like rollover and change completely at 2am) and it is faster as compare to my other rolex. And I realise the gold coating at the 'bezel triangle is uneven'. Requested to change the whole bezel.

Initial diagnose: 'Yup, we will retained the watch for 2 weeks to service the watch on the date. We find nothing wrong with the coating on the triangle.'

I shined a LED light on the gold triangle bezel and ask the service manager: ' Can u find me another GMT2 TT that has the some unevenness?' SHe reply 'No' I request to change the whole bezel.

They just call me to say that they have change te whole bezel and clean the movement and everything is as good as new. Ok. I am satsfied.
      wow... i must say u certainly got the them speechless with your LED light

Comment

• Oh I mean they change the bezel insert I think
        When they hand me the watch, I told them that the watch looks dirty and they send it for cleaning, and it's hot when I got it back Sparkling new

While waiting, the collection side people even ask me whether I want coffee? Are they reading the forum now? But anyway, I hope te standard of service will go up! I really like the brand rolex and wish to
        Be serviced by friendly an professional people.

Comment

• Oh I mean they change the bezel insert I think
          When they hand me the watch, I told them that the watch looks dirty and they send it for cleaning, and it's hot when I got it back Sparkling new

While waiting, the collection side people even ask me whether I want coffee? Are they reading the forum now? But anyway, I hope te standard of service will go up! I really like the brand rolex and wish to
          Be serviced by friendly an professional people.

Comment

• Is it ultrasonic cleaning?

Comment

• Already disappointed in them when they increased the servicing to 2x some years ago. yucks...i really don't care for that extra 1 year of warranty!

Comment

• with the countless of complaints here about rolex center, would it be a good idea for sgroc forum members to collectively send a letter or petition to them to ask for explanation for the poor service rendered, and to request them to improve?

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                  with the countless of complaints here about rolex center, would it be a good idea for sgroc forum members to collectively send a letter or petition to them to ask for explanation for the poor service rendered, and to request them to improve?
                  Mods could assist in this i presume ?
                  ROLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                    with the countless of complaints here about rolex center, would it be a good idea for sgroc forum members to collectively send a letter or petition to them to ask for explanation for the poor service rendered, and to request them to improve?
                    not being a wet blanket but...

imo, a petition like this may not gain traction with RSC. they can always counter by telling us they received letters of compliments for their good service by OTHER customers. RSC may brush us off as we are just "noise" among the "melody".

a petition may be too broad and general unless we can collectively put together specific cases of real incidents of poor service.

we can ask RSC to improve but we may get a textbook reply: "thank you for your feedback.."

UNLESS, we can get this petition to RSC top management or main feedback site.
                    or for those who really got poor experience can take this up with CASE; or better still, involve the media.

just my 2cents view of this issue.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                    http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Good idea ..But they should realise any form of Feedback from sgroc forum or any individual is a reminder to rolex that customers always come first, rolex center seem to have forgotten this
                      Rolex service used to be good, not sure why the standard has dropped
                      From some of the posting of this thread, it appears the service has dropped rather significantly

Comment

• there is no incentive to provide good customer service if this article is true.

sounds like a brillient business model. have your customers by the balls and come to you only. that way you can charge the earth and the moon, and give substandard service (customer and/or otherwise).

to be honest, if this is indeed true, i will personally not be buying another rolex watch. afterall, why must i let a manufacturer put a bull nose ring on me, and have me by my balls.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Are rolex centers in other countries providing better service? Havent had chance to visit other rolex centers

Comment

• there is one in my state that's ok. gives good service, friendly, and love talking watches. but slightly expensive.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• The only time that Rolex will wake up its idea, is when the brand demand/ prestige is down and they have to rely on service quality to compete. (will this ever happen?)

read someone's opinion about service quality : Should we be angry with the shop/company for giving poor service or should we be angry with the people that keep shopping there/buying its products?

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                                there is no incentive to provide good customer service if this article is true.

sounds like a brillient business model. have your customers by the balls and come to you only. that way you can charge the earth and the moon, and give substandard service (customer and/or otherwise).

to be honest, if this is indeed true, i will personally not be buying another rolex watch. afterall, why must i let a manufacturer put a bull nose ring on me, and have me by my balls.
                                As a complement to your article the Professional Watchmakers of Australia are holding a petition, look like its not only rolex but swiss watches, http://www.save-the-time.org/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X