Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Can't agree more.

To many, owning a Rolex has become an achievement to signify that one has made it in life.

Yup...that was why Rolex was made also actually. They are priced a few times higher than most average people's wage,but it's also to like be something that people aim for and it's so that it's not that easy available...abit exclusive. I read that somewhere I forgot haha...maybe I am wrong

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Yup...that was why Rolex was made also actually. They are priced a few times higher than most average people's wage,but it's also to like be something that people aim for and it's so that it's not that easy available...abit exclusive. I read that somewhere I forgot haha...maybe I am wrong
      i wouldnt say exclusive, even trishaw riders got rolex and the girl sweeping the office at tong blding, got better watch then my mother somemore on MRT alot of rolexes too. so i dont feel exclusive so to say, but in Perth that is a different story altogether
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        i wouldnt say exclusive, even trishaw riders got rolex and the girl sweeping the office at tong blding, got better watch then my mother somemore on MRT alot of rolexes too. so i dont feel exclusive so to say, but in Perth that is a different story altogether
        That was donkey yrs ago when Rolex started hahha...that's wad they said if i m not wrong read from somewhere

Comment

to be honest i find all this profiling a bunch of cr@p. nothing more then people eyeing each other off. like many people think i am well off just because the watch i wear, i remember my work collegues all stare at my wrist at the meeting , i can tell they cannot believe that a young "punk" can afford such a "nice time piece".

the reactions get more extreme when i start to drive cars way beyond my league. such as either one of my uncles merc or volvo. you can see many people look at me, as a young kiddo should be driving japanese cars such as honda,toyota, or even better QQ (MIChina). so some people think i born into a rich family, where all i do is sit on my arse and pickk up girls (something PET would be interested in doing)
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

to be honest i find all this profiling a bunch of cr@p. nothing more then people eyeing each other off. like many people think i am well off just because the watch i wear, i remember my work collegues all stare at my wrist at the meeting , i can tell they cannot believe that a young "punk" can afford such a "nice time piece".

the reactions get more extreme when i start to drive cars way beyond my league. such as either one of my uncles merc or volvo. you can see many people look at me, as a young kiddo should be driving japanese cars such as honda,toyota, or even better QQ (MIChina). so some people think i born into a rich family, where all i do is sit on my arse and pickk up girls (something PET would be interested in doing)
            I think u hav someone here who understands u really well. I go through these too they just presume we are darn rich coz of wad we wear...actually it's just our hobby and just so happens that our hobby is something people can easily spot

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              I think u hav someone here who understands u really well. I go through these too they just presume we are darn rich coz of wad we wear...actually it's just our hobby and just so happens that our hobby is something people can easily spot
              i cop the flak of all this even though i do not look my age, so i can imagine the amount of crap you get put thru.
              to be honest im still a very down to earth person (so i think), i still sting on spending, as well as shopping around for cheapest, not to mention i rarely eat at those high class eateries, hawker centre does just fine. of course having said that, i have also taken a buffet breakfast that coat upwards of S$100++ (stupid i know, but i was invited and couldnt refuse; food wasnt all that great either), i have also visited eateries where there is 16 floors of just pure food haven.

my lifestyle is actually very simple, i listen to my sound system that is about as old as me , and i watch TV on hand-me-downs, and listen to music on my DVD player that is FOC from the roadside collection.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Com'on guys, watz wif te all fuss ovr making yourselves feel gd tat u r actually nt 'rich'?

U r all rich and tatz FINAL!! Oi talking abt such branded stuff here, buying and eventually owning them at your age..?? Omg!! And u r nt rich?!

Enjoy ur God-given good life la.. I wan oso dun hv..
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i cop the flak of all this even though i do not look my age, so i can imagine the amount of crap you get put thru.
                  to be honest im still a very down to earth person (so i think), i still sting on spending, as well as shopping around for cheapest, not to mention i rarely eat at those high class eateries, hawker centre does just fine. of course having said that, i have also taken a buffet breakfast that coat upwards of S$100++ (stupid i know, but i was invited and couldnt refuse; food wasnt all that great either), i have also visited eateries where there is 16 floors of just pure food haven.

my lifestyle is actually very simple, i listen to my sound system that is about as old as me , and i watch TV on hand-me-downs, and listen to music on my DVD player that is FOC from the roadside collection.
                  Heh...I am a weirdo kinda like u...I am stingy on the like cheap stuff,my food and most stuff. Only when comes to branded or watches then I spend like no end hahahas...

It's not exactly a high end lifestyle like some ppl...but of course I would say I m just above avg =) and I am happy. But I prefer to keep low profile sometimes so dun really like people to call me rich...

Comment

let me drop a secret that many people dont know (i guess people will know now)

i started work in a grocery shop (like NTUC) when i was 16. before that, i was selling electronics online and doing some minor buy/sell/trade and making quite decent lunch money for my age.

i have been working for an employer since i was 16 and have done so until i was 19, when i resigned to try and start up another small biz, now i havent been as successful since i am operating on such a large scale, but i hope to involve my father once again and get him into biz, so that i can balance uni and biz, as well as some free time. now my father retired from work when i was young, and as a result i had to do everything from scratch, it is from that that i learn how to do things myself, and where my habits come from.

therefore it is safe to say that from all this years of saving i have "earned" what i own without having to borrow money. having said that, if my family does get into strife with home loan repayments i will have to get rid of my watch and help my mother service the loan, even if it means just one month of getting the banks to back off.

therefore i find it annoying that people like to gauge a person's wealth just by taking one look. but deep down you never know what is going on behind the scenes
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

let me drop a secret that many people dont know (i guess people will know now)

i started work in a grocery shop (like NTUC) when i was 16. before that, i was selling electronics online and doing some minor buy/sell/trade and making quite decent lunch money for my age.

i have been working for an employer since i was 16 and have done so until i was 19, when i resigned to try and start up another small biz, now i havent been as successful since i am operating on such a large scale, but i hope to involve my father once again and get him into biz, so that i can balance uni and biz, as well as some free time. now my father retired from work when i was young, and as a result i had to do everything from scratch, it is from that that i learn how to do things myself, and where my habits come from.

therefore it is safe to say that from all this years of saving i have "earned" what i own without having to borrow money. having said that, if my family does get into strife with home loan repayments i will have to get rid of my watch and help my mother service the loan, even if it means just one month of getting the banks to back off.

therefore i find it annoying that people like to gauge a person's wealth just by taking one look. but deep down you never know what is going on behind the scenes
                      I second that....some times it's hard to gauge....but some people still like to do that

Comment

Agreed and disagree..

Isnt tis how society is? U wear/carry wat u actually r, rite? Be objective n sit back to vision tis: u see 2 boys of ages 25yrs walking along te street. One wears burberry shirt, AX jeans, billabong sneakers, n best of all, wearing a ROLEX submariner. Nw, te other wears a plain white t-shirt(no brand), fbt shorts, $3 slippers, n best, a $20 alba watch.

So being fairly judged, wat is ur opinion of these two boys, in terms of family b/ground, wealth status, watever hv u..??
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Jus take a walk to te slumps in Singapore(whre i used to live) n you'd knw wat i mean.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think let's not bring this too far...first it's OT already. Dun want to spark out another arguement

Comment

Sori n thanks.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                                Sori n thanks.
                                Tks for ur cooperation...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X