Advice needed for 1st rollie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bnlz83 View Post
    haha, i feel like this shld be the thread i shld be in.
    Im in my 20s too and am considering either Explorer I/II or DJ midsize.

So which branch did u get from finally?
    Im looking around in Oz, but i have a feeling it wun be any cheaper than in Sg..but i travel to HK as well so we'll see hw it goes. Shld have went to see Rolex when i went Japan last yr...ARGH! At that point of time i hadnt thought about changing a watch.

I went to have a look at the DJ midsize with diamond dials SS bezel and it cost around 9870(if i din get it wrong).
    Explorer I cost 5980 and Explorer II is 7055, all in aussie dollars b4 discount.
    I haven chked out the prices in sg yet...
    Hahaha...9870 meh? That's b4 discount right?

How much discount is given for the Exp II?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Im looking around in Oz, but i have a feeling it wun be any cheaper than in Sg..but i travel to HK as well so we'll see hw it goes. Shld have went to see Rolex when i went Japan last yr...ARGH! At that point of time i hadnt thought about changing a watch.

I went to have a look at the DJ midsize with diamond dials SS bezel and it cost around 9870(if i din get it wrong).
      Explorer I cost 5980 and Explorer II is 7055, all in aussie dollars b4 discount.
      those prices in Oz $ look about right and definitely before discount, i hear can get about 10-15% but they do not officially announce, have to admit, i think s'pore range better for new watches. since Oz market not very big
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        those prices in Oz $ look about right and definitely before discount, i hear can get about 10-15% but they do not officially announce, have to admit, i think s'pore range better for new watches. since Oz market not very big
        is it oz market not big or the buyers not that many or both?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
          Nice and elegant dress watch.

Congratulations and enjoy the new toy

Enjoying every minute of it when it sits on my wrist!

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          beautiful watch. the second pic dial look like it is a bit pinkish or is it my eyes.
          The dial is silver...guess it's reflection...or the yellow lighting in the room...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Congrats alhp!!

Sweet...I love the diamond dial
          Originally posted by alexera View Post
          Congrats!
          yep...luv the bling bling...hopefully in time to come...can get another rollie with more blings...this time round it's only diamond markers...maybe next time round can get something like a diamond bezel

Comment

hi...i got my watch from dickson centrepoint. List price is S$10644 for the watch that I've bought...mine is also a DJ midsize...

Comment

erm..is there a reason y evryone is quoting explorer II instead of explorer I? isit like not worth buying cuz its an older model or??

After exchange rate..i still think its sibei not worth it buying here... cuz the exchange rate now is 1.26 (from few wks ago) and comparing the Explorer I it already cost SGD7534. Plus...i have a feeling they wun oblige to give more discount than in sg becuz they claim to be the ONLY place selling Rolex in Perth. Regarding the market demand that im not so sure laa....

However if i buy Rolex in sg can i claim tax or not? Consider if im not a local...

Comment

erm..is there a reason y evryone is quoting explorer II instead of explorer I? isit like not worth buying cuz its an older model or??

After exchange rate..i still think its sibei not worth it buying here... cuz the exchange rate now is 1.26 (from few wks ago) and comparing the Explorer I it already cost SGD7534. Plus...i have a feeling they wun oblige to give more discount than in sg becuz they claim to be the ONLY place selling Rolex in Perth. Regarding the market demand that im not so sure laa....

However if i buy Rolex in sg can i claim tax or not? Consider if im not a local...
                explorer II is still a better seller than explorer I. if you noticed the pre-own market, very few of these around. explorer I has a smaller diameter compared to explorer II as well.

rolex has recently increased its list price. so it will be higher now compared to say couple of weeks ago. in perth, there are very limited seller, hence the discount is pretty stiff.

if you purchased in sg, you can claim back bulk of the tax(GST which is 7%). do take note that you are unable to claim FULL GST refund as part of it goes to administrative cost. the cost of this is about 1%.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by alhp View Post
                  yep...luv the bling bling...hopefully in time to come...can get another rollie with more blings...this time round it's only diamond markers...maybe next time round can get something like a diamond bezel
                  I think not nice leh diamond bezel. I prefer the whole bracelet diamond Ok I am dreaming...hahaha

LOL...but I think diamond bezel not that nice la. Fluted bezel with diamond dial is perfect,not too outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    is it oz market not big or the buyers not that many or both?
                    abit of both really. considering that until last year, it was almost cheaper to buy a rolex in s'pore (after flying and staying in hotel). so you could put it as having a free holiday.

another thing, aussies dont like to buy watch they prefer to buy car/boat/jetski but not watches. just a different lifestyle.

honestly, i doubt anyone buy locally, having said that, ive been told that my perth AD is moving stock like fried rice ... very fast.

if you put the cash on the table, see their reaction. i think will change for sure. told by another person who order gmtIIc, got 10%, and can get 15% on all models that were not updated.

the thing about gst refund in Oz, is that you get 100% of your tax. unlike s'pore refund, where you only get a percentage of the tax from gov't.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    explorer II is still a better seller than explorer I. if you noticed the pre-own market, very few of these around. explorer I has a smaller diameter compared to explorer II as well.

rolex has recently increased its list price. so it will be higher now compared to say couple of weeks ago. in perth, there are very limited seller, hence the discount is pretty stiff.

if you purchased in sg, you can claim back bulk of the tax(GST which is 7%). do take note that you are unable to claim FULL GST refund as part of it goes to administrative cost. the cost of this is about 1%.
                    you should rephrase that to the ONLY SELLER ... therefore a monopoly. however I may start to bring in grey market or special orders

I think not nice leh diamond bezel. I prefer the whole bracelet diamond Ok I am dreaming...hahaha

LOL...but I think diamond bezel not that nice la. Fluted bezel with diamond dial is perfect,not too outstanding.
                    diamond bezel not that nice... because too much light reflecting off the diamond cuts. also too blingy.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

sounds great...diamond bracelet...

diamond dial as in the entire dial is encrusted with diamonds? okie..then i shall set that as my next target to work towards to..since many think that's nicer...haha...but guess that will be quite some time from now...

saw a limited edition piece on the rolex website...it's simply beautiful...guess that will cost a bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                        Good to see more and more youngsters indulging into Rolexes. It just goes to show how appealing these timepieces are.

You've made your first move right in considering one, and yes, this forum is probably one of the best local sites to find out more info. Question now is where and what to get. Do take time to shop around for one. You should include the options of purchasing one from HK or Japan if you or your family travels there. It's cheaper
                        i think its the elitism culture we have in singapore that we have to always outshine our peers ....the good living standard also helps to facilitate such extravaganza, teenagers donning Rolex?! Well, good for them. But i think the pleasure come when you are able to afford a cult status time piece though ur own efforts. the drive to have a better quality of life and to gain financial freedom keep the economy going...
                        Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                        Tag Heuer Formula 1
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                        Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                        Rolex GMT II 16710
                        Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

that is what i have been saying all this time, whether academic, status, or just perception, asians in particular love to outshine each other.

here in Oz we dont even care, as long as we make it in life is all that matters.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by alhp View Post
                            sounds great...diamond bracelet...

diamond dial as in the entire dial is encrusted with diamonds? okie..then i shall set that as my next target to work towards to..since many think that's nicer...haha...but guess that will be quite some time from now...

saw a limited edition piece on the rolex website...it's simply beautiful...guess that will cost a bomb!
                            Diamond means diamond MARKERS...who dial encrusted with diamonds expensive like dunno wad...haha

Originally posted by evets View Post
                            i think its the elitism culture we have in singapore that we have to always outshine our peers ....the good living standard also helps to facilitate such extravaganza, teenagers donning Rolex?! Well, good for them. But i think the pleasure come when you are able to afford a cult status time piece though ur own efforts. the drive to have a better quality of life and to gain financial freedom keep the economy going...
                            Hahhaa... that's s'pore

Comment

uniquely s'pore
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                                i think its the elitism culture we have in singapore that we have to always outshine our peers ....
                                Can't agree more.

To many, owning a Rolex has become an achievement to signify that one has made it in life.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X