Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for 1st rollie

Dear forumers,

I'm thinking of making my 1st rolex purchase. I'm looking at the mid-size SS DJ (I hope I got the acronyms right ) with fluted bezel and diamond markers. I was quoted $9047 after 15% discount at THG (NAC). Made a trip down to PPC but both THH and KHH were closed so din manage to get a quote.

Do u think the price is reasonable? Can anyone one here provide a referral for a slightly higher discount?

Lastly, do u think a black dial or silver dial is nicer? I'm a girl in my 20s...

Originally posted by alhp View Post
    Dear forumers,

I'm thinking of making my 1st rolex purchase. I'm looking at the mid-size SS DJ (I hope I got the acronyms right ) with fluted bezel and diamond markers. I was quoted $9047 after 15% discount at THG (NAC). Made a trip down to PPC but both THH and KHH were closed so din manage to get a quote.

Do u think the price is reasonable? Can anyone one here provide a referral for a slightly higher discount?

Lastly, do u think a black dial or silver dial is nicer? I'm a girl in my 20s...
    WAD?! 9k for a mid size?! that's abit high.15% is like too little lehs.

Silver would match nicely Oh yes...get the 1 with the Jubilee dial or most ppl know as Computer dial.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Dear forumers,

A bit steep. Are you considering anything else other than the DJ? What about the YM or AK? They look good on ladies too
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
        A bit steep. Are you considering anything else other than the DJ? What about the YM or AK? They look good on ladies too
        Aiyah....diamond then suit girls mah...dunno meh? I dun like AK...hahah...YM is not bad but diamond still better

Comment

Dear forumers,

i think you can get higher discount than that. who was the sales person who assisted you?

you can try THH and KHH and WP for better quote. alternatively, you can try to get from dickson over @ centrepoint.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
            personally, for ladies who got small wrists there are not much choices to consider. YM ladies. or the ladies models.

for ladies who got bigger wrists, can take on the explorer or explorer II.

im no fan of AK because there is no date.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Dear forumers,

wow... nice choice in watch. i think silver dial look better on a lady, but it is a little bit hard to read at times where light is a bit dim, but better then having gold hands on gold dial.
              btw im also wearing a silver jubilee dial with diamond markings (im a 21yo gent btw )

have you considered going the 2nd hand route if budget constraints are an issue to you? i would take a look at a few dealers (and would miss a few too). unless you are looking to the new bracelet (integrated clasp), then those are not too common.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              WAD?! 9k for a mid size?! that's abit high.15% is like too little lehs.

Silver would match nicely Oh yes...get the 1 with the Jubilee dial or most ppl know as Computer dial.
              exactly what i have

here it is for all to see
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

First of all... WELCOME to this forum!! Good to have another female on board... Then our other female member egstring wun be so lonely here...

Regarding yr watch, the discount is too little... Take yr time to ask around as the sales person who attended to you might want to test yr interest or hope to get lucky... Did u showed extreme interest or just asked casually and hanged around for awhile?? Sometimes it pays to spend alittle more time there like a tai tai showing real interest to shop wat she wants, but dun give the salesman too much bother... Kekekek
                Good luck in yr hunt for yr first Rolex and take all the time u need... A good friend told me... There sure is a Rolex for everyone... Its just whether u had the opportunity to come across one.

If u need further assistance, the friendly ppl here will surely point u the right way and clear yr doubts...

Lastly, hope you enjoy yr stay here!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                - GMT II
                - GMT IIc TT
                - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                - U1
                - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  wow... nice choice in watch. i think silver dial look better on a lady, but it is a little bit hard to read at times where light is a bit dim, but better then having gold hands on gold dial.
                  btw im also wearing a silver jubilee dial with diamond markings (im a 21yo gent btw )

have you considered going the 2nd hand route if budget constraints are an issue to you? i would take a look at a few dealers (and would miss a few too). unless you are looking to the new bracelet (integrated clasp), then those are not too common.

exactly what i have

here it is for all to see
                  Nice...a 21 YO with a TT DJ...ok I am inspired to get something TT or YG liaos !

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  First of all... WELCOME to this forum!! Good to have another female on board... Then our other female member egstring wun be so lonely here...

Regarding yr watch, the discount is too little... Take yr time to ask around as the sales person who attended to you might want to test yr interest or hope to get lucky... Did u showed extreme interest or just asked casually and hanged around for awhile?? Sometimes it pays to spend alittle more time there like a tai tai showing real interest to shop wat she wants, but dun give the salesman too much bother... Kekekek
                  Good luck in yr hunt for yr first Rolex and take all the time u need... A good friend told me... There sure is a Rolex for everyone... Its just whether u had the opportunity to come across one.

If u need further assistance, the friendly ppl here will surely point u the right way and clear yr doubts...

Lastly, hope you enjoy yr stay here!
                  Yeah at least gstring jie jie wont be so bored! Hahaha...

Agree with sam kor...must dress up and look interested. Basket for me diff case...i dress up and sometimes even when i buy the time....the service still just sucks. But depends la...

THG NAC for me is a place which I love and hate

Comment

Dear forumers,

15% discount too little, can get 20% quite easily. Can get a few percent more if you willing to pay by cash.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

The salesperson was David at THG NAC. I tried asking if there could be a better price but he kind of brush it off. The SS DJ with black or silver dial was out of stock, they only have the MOP dial in store. But he was kind enough to call me back telling me that the outlet at Tangs has the model I am looking at.

I am looking at purchasing the "classic" design first before venturing to acquiring other designs, hence the choice for DJ. Hopefully, I will be able to get a better price at other ADs.

Went around some of the 2nd hand shops, the 6 series and 7 series of the model was gg at about 5k. But I think I will still get a new one cos pre-owned seems to lack the "shiok" factor...

Comment

Actually I dun really care to dress up and go into "atas" places to buy things. I'm paying for the purchase using my hard-earned money so if u dun want to earn my money, I'm sure someone else is more keen to. =)

Comment

Actually I dun really care to dress up and go into "atas" places to buy things. I'm paying for the purchase using my hard-earned money so if u dun want to earn my money, I'm sure someone else is more keen to. =)
                          Good to see more and more youngsters indulging into Rolexes. It just goes to show how appealing these timepieces are.

You've made your first move right in considering one, and yes, this forum is probably one of the best local sites to find out more info. Question now is where and what to get. Do take time to shop around for one. You should include the options of purchasing one from HK or Japan if you or your family travels there. It's cheaper
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Is the price difference substantial? Like in the region a few hundreds?

Comment

definitely.. but best to bring a Di Tou Se with you lah so u won't kana chop by them.. In any case, their presence helps when bargaining.. so with the price knowledge in hand, if you were to go alone into a shop overseas, you oso won't kana chop..

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X