Prices of SD & Exp II as at 4 April 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices of SD & Exp II as at 4 April 2008

Good morning folks, I checked with my lobang at THG liao. Price for SD is 7.7 and 7.1 for Exp II (both prices after less).

PLEASE NOTE the following:

1) I am NOT receiving any perks or kickbacks out of this;

2) I only checked the prices as a gesture of goodwill and for the benefit of some members here. If u think there are better prices elsewhere, do share with us but keep remarks like: "i can get cheaper in other countries like HK, Msia" to yourself. I can also tell you that I can purportedly get genuine articles at half price in other countries.

3) If you are comfy with the prices and decide to get, I will NOT be involved in your purchase in any way whatsoever. It's between you and the AD@THG. btw, I am NOT affiliated with THG in any way other than being a customer of 6 watches to-date.

Rumours:
    The SD may be discontinued pending the intro of the DS. Not sure if such a move will be announced by rolex or not. If it does, THG will undoubtedly lock the prices of SD.

Personally, i'm half-hearted abt exp II now cos from 6.5k to 7.1k in a matter of 2 weeks is too hard for me to stomach. I can actually use the 600 to go on a holiday to bangkok.

Regards
    FLC.
    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
    "Foreign affections"
    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
    What's NEXT?

Thanks...wonderful info..

But broke now after buying the GMT IIc....really like to get a SD too...

but not much diff from my sub...so keep watching to price fluctuating...

Expensive hobby for us...
    My Rolexes and Tudor...

Comment

Yeah lor....why prices increase so much? Sighhhhh....

My prediction and advise is..dun chiong SD now. Wait and see first. I doubt it will be discountinued. Hopefully it would be like the YM II,just an addition to their collection not a replacement.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Yeah lor....why prices increase so much? Sighhhhh....

My prediction and advise is..dun chiong SD now. Wait and see first. I doubt it will be discountinued. Hopefully it would be like the YM II,just an addition to their collection not a replacement.
        i agree with you on the first point as to why the prices of rollies appreciated faster than oil.

as for the second point, hopefully it will not be discon, either way, 1200m or 3900m is a bloody joke, who dives to such depths anyway.
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        What's NEXT?

Comment

there is still no official words from Rolex yet if the SD will be taken off its line of sporst models.. but a respected moderator of Timezone Rolex forum, James Dowling aka MrRolex, who attended the Basel fair 08 had gathered from the UK Rolex people that the SD will indeed be discontinued at the end of this year. For those who are interested on this, I've attached below the link to Mr James Dowling post .

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...0&rev=&reveal=
          HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
          REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Thanks for price update bro!

JLC / Omega / Sinn / Breitling / Baume & Mercier / Zenith / Rolex / Tag Heuer / Panerai / VC / Longines / Seiko / Citizen / Casio

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
              there is still no official words from Rolex yet if the SD will be taken off its line of sporst models.. but a respected moderator of Timezone Rolex forum, James Dowling aka MrRolex, who attended the Basel fair 08 had gathered from the UK Rolex people that the SD will indeed be discontinued at the end of this year. For those who are interested on this, I've attached below the link to Mr James Dowling post .

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...0&rev=&reveal=
              Thank you for the link, Bro.

Originally posted by alexera View Post
              Thanks for price update bro!
              You are most welcome. It was but just a call away.
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                i agree with you on the first point as to why the prices of rollies appreciated faster than oil.

as for the second point, hopefully it will not be discon, either way, 1200m or 3900m is a bloody joke, who dives to such depths anyway.
                Guess I am wrong again ? Hahaha...it's gonna be discontinued most likely.
                Last edited by Darkangel; 04-04-08, 08:45 PM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Congrats to all Sea Dweller owners. Prices will rocket upwards if it's indeed discontinued
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

hmnn so my 'timely' purchase of a pre-owned SD should be considered good investment? heheh... anyway was eyeing dweller for sometime leow..just that i can't find a pre-owned piece that comes in complete set or near complete set.... till about a week ago.....only missing is the maroon tag and the bezel protector....
                    Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                    Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                    Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                    Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Told u liao, te one who buys rears dolphins one... Wear te watch on the dolphins' backside n train them to go deep-deep..
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Told u liao, te one who buys rears dolphins one... Wear te watch on the dolphins' backside n train them to go deep-deep..
                        huh? which dolphin dives to that depth? 660 feet: Maximum diving depth of the Pacific white-sided dolphin-taken from wired.com

try sperm whale lah but then one has to get the durex SD liao which is very very extremely "hard & strong" just like the wearer.
                        "Foreign affections"
                        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                        What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
                          hmnn so my 'timely' purchase of a pre-owned SD should be considered good investment? heheh... anyway was eyeing dweller for sometime leow..just that i can't find a pre-owned piece that comes in complete set or near complete set.... till about a week ago.....only missing is the maroon tag and the bezel protector....
                          im sure the tag, some people dont mind parting with them. if i recall correctly, rolex forums got people send out before. maybe you can lurk and ask

huh? which dolphin dives to that depth? 660 feet: Maximum diving depth of the Pacific white-sided dolphin-taken from wired.com

try sperm whale lah but then one has to get the durex SD liao which is very very extremely "hard & strong" just like the wearer.
                          is it possible to dive to that depth with current diving equipment??
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            is it possible to dive to that depth with current diving equipment??
                            yes, it is possible to dive to that depth even without equipment, aka free diving

205m which is about 670 ft

Natalia Molchanova free diving record
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              yes, it is possible to dive to that depth even without equipment, aka free diving

205m which is about 670 ft

Natalia Molchanova free diving record
                              yes..it's free diving..u go down so deep, drown then up u come again....got DSSD also no use....hahaahaa
                              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                              Audemars Piguet ROO
                              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                              Panerai 270
                              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                              Rolex 116610LV