Prices of SD & Exp II as at 4 April 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pingpong View Post
    unless old birds or regulars here want to lead the MO....
    lead does not mean buying?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
      ok. let me put forth this scenario.

all potential buyers do not know each other. one of them is task to collect a 10% non-refundable deposit. if watch is 8k, means up front 800. will u just pass the non-refundable deposit to a stranger?
      good point. can always modify what i said earlier.

maybe we pass to someone we ALL trust.

Originally posted by pingpong View Post
      unless old birds or regulars here want to lead the MO....
      maybe a mod, or someone who we can all trust
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• i got a suggestion. why not all meet up first hv a mini-gathering, study ops plan then go together? no offence to anyone in particular but when it comes to money, there's NO such thing as trust. maybe its my occupational hazard, i hv seen my fair share of disputes arising out of $$$. my 0.02cts worth.

btw, pls leave me out for a new exp II, i'm getting a pre-owned one, guess i hv no choice but to buy 1 without the chapter ring. will post pics when i get it after my trip to genting next week.

good luck to all the bros and million thanks to the elyjacob for the fantastic lobang in chaotic times like these.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

• bros, my apologies first of all because i have already put a deposit for the exp ii white dial cause i don't know how to start group buy, i don't know anyone here and cause i don't want to miss out on the offer...

To be fair, I have Pmed all those interested on the lobang but frankly speaking, i don't know how many Exp II AD still has....

BUT, i have learnt some many things here from your posts on how to go abt taking MO. Maybe I will try to drop by on mini gatherings and get to know you guys first... then we can talk MO...

I simply don't believe it but I actually bought 2 Rolexes in one week!!! hhmm I think I did post something abt me being an impulse buyer...heheheh but i like the sub and the exp II very much! Now I can giveaway my very first Rolex replica liao.. My dream has come true... but I guess there will be many more dreams... hahaha
          In The Bag
          Him
          Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
          Her
          Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
          Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

• congrats my good man!
            Remnants of my irresponsibility:
            "Foreign affections"
            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
            2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
            3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
            4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
            What's NEXT?

Comment

• YO!!! elyjacob!!! Congrats!!!!

Thanks for sharing the lobang... The price you adviced includes GST already hor?? No need to add another 7% hor?

bro feudallordcult (been meaning to ask you on the background of your id),
              Hmm.. a 2nd hand one won't cost much lesser.... unless you are looking at one 4 to 5yrs old?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                YO!!! elyjacob!!! Congrats!!!!

Thanks for sharing the lobang... The price you adviced includes GST already hor?? No need to add another 7% hor?

bro feudallordcult (been meaning to ask you on the background of your id),
                Hmm.. a 2nd hand one won't cost much lesser.... unless you are looking at one 4 to 5yrs old?
                hi jazz samz,please pm me if u still need the explorer II m series.

Comment

• gst should be included... since my receipt states balance of 6150 after deposit of 500....

last heard from a friend who drop by AD today... only one black dial exp II left on display.. dunno how many in cupboard.. white dial no more...

Bro BigPilot,

you got lobang maybe bro ping pong who is away overseas may want when he returns and find that the 6650 exp II no more liao...
                  In The Bag
                  Him
                  Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                  Her

Next Target

Comment

• Bro... thanks to your recommendation.. I got a White one yesterday.. went down at ard 6pm+.... Went with my Dad to get it as a present for my younger brother. Think he will be very pleased with it.

If only I was the one getting.. but too bad my sight is set on a 16710.

Bro IWCBigpilot... thanks for sharing your lobang.. kudos to you! Unfortunately for a difference of S$50, we feel more comfortable buying from a Singapore AD with a reputation. No offence..

As Elyjacob mentioned, who knows, Pingpong may be keen cos when he returns home this weekend, and Elyjacob's lobang no longer available, he may consider buying it through you.

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                    gst should be included... since my receipt states balance of 6150 after deposit of 500....

last heard from a friend who drop by AD today... only one black dial exp II left on display.. dunno how many in cupboard.. white dial no more...

Bro BigPilot,

you got lobang maybe bro ping pong who is away overseas may want when he returns and find that the 6650 exp II no more liao...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                    - GMT IIc TT
                    - U1
                    - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• your bro is very lucky to have a brother like you...
                      In The Bag
                      Him
                      Her

Next Target

Comment

• Thanks bro.. but think you may have got the wrong idea... My parents want to get for him.. I help suggest the gift and with your timely kang tao, they feel its a great deal too!! kekeek They buy for him lah... I no share $1 in the gift lah bro.. kekekekke

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
                        your bro is very lucky to have a brother like you...

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                        - GMT IIc TT
                        - U1
                        - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• Bro Elyjacob... Again thank you for your KT... I know you've been kind enough to share the contact of your lobang with a number of us.. I have been asked abt the contact but I decline disclosing any information as its yr finding. I will leave you to decide who else you want to share it with. Cheers!

Desired horologes ...

- GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

Comment

• helping ur parents get at a discount is worth dollars you know... meaning you contributed the dollars savelah...hehhe

as for the lobang... its no secret.. anyone who PMs me received a reply... you can share too.. just that i am not comfortable sayingit on air.. scared that it amounts to advertising for the AD... some forums disallow that...

anyhow, i think the AD keep the price that way to clear whatever stocks they have and replenish new stocks with new price... so the lobang is in a way, 'limited' ....

hope your bro enjoys his birthday this year!
                            In The Bag
                            Him
                            Her

Next Target

Comment

• Buying watches in Switzerland

Anyone thought of buying rolex from Switzerland? Will it be cheaper? Was thinking might be able to save on the VAT. But exchange rates using Credit Cards might render all the savings worthless right? Any forum folks have experience will like to share?

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                                Anyone thought of buying rolex from Switzerland? Will it be cheaper? Was thinking might be able to save on the VAT. But exchange rates using Credit Cards might render all the savings worthless right? Any forum folks have experience will like to share?
                                another heading swiss. my previous experience is that go to local AD, check out the local price of the models you interested in.

when you go over, check out their pricing and compute its equivalent sgd price after factor in the claiming back of VAT.

as for credit card company exchange rate, it is base on your statement date which in this case is about +-5% unless in violatile times.

for me, if the savings is more than 100 then i would consider buying overseas. else, i rather get it locally. this is because if sign via credit card, there is a possible difference of 5%, so if it ends up +5% then no point getting overseas.

their discount given is pretty strict because they know you are a tourist, if you dont buy, there will be another group of tourist coming thru. in fact, i was interested in a chopard GMT chrono back then. i was quoted sgd 3500. however, the same piece there cost me sgd 5000. this is such a huge gap. the rolex price there is also higher for most models.

the reason why some sporeans say get rolex there is cheaper is because the discount they get here is not that great. however, a walk in customer with good bargaining skills can easily get additional 5% more than the initial quote. a frequent customer usually will get that same 5% straight out without much bargaining.

my advice is do check out the Private dealers pricing, sometimes they got good bargains.
                                Last edited by triton; 13-04-08, 07:28 AM.
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X