No announcement yet.

alphabet series vs alphanumeric series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it appears to me the series Z, M do not tell year of manufacture?

Comment

I bought my 116610LN at a Rolex boutique and it was the only one, the only one in Singapore at the time, I guess.
      It is a G series and I don't mind at all. In fact it is keeping only -2 second in 10 days so far.

Comment

The new model orange hand explorer is 2011 model. If G series, it can't be Rolex manufactured in 2010 ? I suspect alphanumeric and G series are all assembled in 2011. Thks.

Comment

Went to the Rolex shop at People's Park this afternoon to view the 42mm explorer. It's a G series watch as indicated on the green card.
          Current Love
          Pam 312
          Pam 210
          Pam 372
          Pam 424

Comment

Sub C with Z series???

Bro Bumblebee,I think your wife get a G series Sub C cause previous buyer will take the alpha-numerical rather than the G series.

If now got G series & alpha-numerical,which one will you take?

Above is just my guessing.

Comment

Between a G and alphanumeric, i will choose G.

G series is still considered current production.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

correct me if im wrong, isn't alphanumeric series a current production ?

Comment

I was informed at other forum " Z case stamp started to appear May 2006 while M started from August 2007.So its possible that Z and M could be both made in 2007.While the V serial started around August 2008 and the G from July 2010 its still possible to have V,G and random all in the same year 2010/11....Today the Internet has placed far too much importance to these case stamps. Just because perhaps its a newer seen case stamp it don't always mean the completed watch is newer made"

Comment

this is exactly what i am saying. i choose alphabet G series because of personal preference. some will prefer alphanumeric.

the G series is just a guide to tell everyone that the watch is 'produced' during a certain period. that is all.

Originally posted by myjianrong View Post

its still possible to have V,G and random all in the same year 2010/11....

Today the Internet has placed far too much importance to these case stamps. Just because perhaps its a newer seen case stamp it don't always mean the completed watch is newer made[/I]"
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

please note that i did not mention alphanumeric is not current.

i mentioned i will choose G over alphanumeric, this does not imply that alphanumeric is not current. it is personal preference.

G series is still considered current production. why? because there are still G series watches still available for sale by AD currently.

alphanumeric was introduced to 'replaced' the alphabet series after V. however after V, there is a new alphabet - G.

therefore both G and alphanumeric series are current series 'production'

Between a G and alphanumeric, i will choose G

Originally posted by raven View Post
                      correct me if im wrong, isn't alphanumeric series a current production ?

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

it has to matched, alot questions need to be raised.

Originally posted by nim
                        you might want to take note that the serial number printed on your warranty card only matches the stamping on your case and chapter ring

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

can you verify this?

Originally posted by nim
                          the movement inside your watch is tagged another serial number which is different from the one on your warranty card
                          this unique number is given by COSC, and is issued only after the movement has passed the COSC tests
                          rolex then randomly fit the certified movement into any randomly chosen case,

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

if it is top secret, then it is not now since you have revealed it.

Originally posted by nim
                            rolex then randomly fit the certified movement into any randomly chosen case, and key the 2 numbers into their topsecret database
                            this is one of the many ways rolex service center authenticate your watch - they key in your warranty card serial number to their system, retrieve the movement serial number, and cross-check it with the number indicated on your movement base plate

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                              yes alpha since end-2010
                              but apparently there's still Z,V,M,G displayed at ADs, and upon query with RSC, were told they are 2011 make
                              so question is, will u buy a 2011 made Z,V,M,G or a 2011 made alpha series?
                              Any series would be fine with me.

Comment

as far as i am concerned, COSC does not issue the numbers as claimed by you. that is why i ask you to verify. then you ask me to call RSC.

Originally posted by nim
                                better to call RSC if any doubt
                                can you verify this?

Originally posted by nim
                                the movement inside your watch is tagged another serial number which is different from the one on your warranty card
                                this unique number is given by COSC, and is issued only after the movement has passed the COSC tests
                                rolex then randomly fit the certified movement into any randomly chosen case,

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X