No announcement yet.

Advisory : Ceramic Bezel Durability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting, ceramic material/composite are suppose to be scratch proof(as advertised by most swiss watch co.) but with occasional dings here and there. Hahaha
    sigpic

Comment

• yes. all the dings and dangs, and yet they always make it a selling point all scratch proof and sell at premium. seems like is all marketing only.

i think same for saphire crystal. what only diamond harder, but can crack like nobody business.

Comment

• sapphire crystal is extremely hard. hardness is the ability to withstand scratches. when you're talking about cracks, that's strength. even mineral crystal is stronger than sapphire crystal, but hardness, sapphire does its job very well, in my humble opinion.

Comment

• Hard = brittle. Anyway it is scratch proof but breaks if itis being hit hard. It is definitely more pretty than aluminum bezel, but not as durable than aluminum as it will break.

Comment

• Ah... Learnt something today. Scratch proof doesn't mean unbreakable.

Comment

• It wont scratch but will break,i saw my fren gmt 2 drop and crack.Rolex charge him $810

Comment

• Originally posted by jayjay85 View Post
                It wont scratch but will break,i saw my fren gmt 2 drop and crack.Rolex charge him $810
                That's expensive . 10x more
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• Yup for the non ceramic cost is 81 buckz

Comment

• Yep if you study materials ceramic is a very hard material as in a bro stated hard=brittle which means its properties is to resist scratches but hard materials have poor shock impact properties. So if it's subjected to hard hit, it will be very likely to crack/chipped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                      That's expensive . 10x more
                      but with proper care, ceramic shouldnt need changing. if im not wrong, ceramic wont fade. i have floor tiles that have been sitting in the sun since late 80s. still going strong.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Hi!

My Sub C has a small chip on the bezel. Saw it cost SGD810 from RSC. Anyone know if this price is still valid? Can get cheaper outside say from JW?

Comment

• I'm not too sure if the new ceramic bezel is even available outside of the RSC at this moment. Even if it is available, changing it is a challenge. That's something I recently learnt of.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Makes me wonder if the new ceramic range is still considered a tool watch like the old subs.

Comment

• servicing of watches

bro and sis, just a random question inside my mind. how long does a watch require a servicing?

I have a few old watches that still keep good time but dunno need to service it anot.

please advice.

Comment

• No hard rules, all depends on yourself.

Manufacturers always recommend watch servicing every 3 to 5 years for mechanical watches. Alternatively, if you feel the watch is slow or not working, then send it for overhaul servicing. Mind you, charges are steep, especially if the watch is of more complications. As for quartz watches, it's best to change for battery every 2 years before the battery flats. Better to change earlier, if battery leaks then it will cost more to clean and repair the circuitry and movement if any, for watches like PP or AP quartz watches.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X