Advisory : Ceramic Bezel Durability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no hard rules for me as well.

Generally its when the watch starts to show sign of issues like slower, stopping, faster, etc then I will send it in for checkup and sui bian do servicing. Else, prefer to save the money

yes, i am a cheapo
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• 5 years is the recommended intervals. on the other hand, i have heard people stretching that out to 10, 20 even 30 years.

honestly, i just go for a service as/when is required.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Rolex Servicing Guideline

Hi there,

I have a few rollies in various age groups.
        May I know a good guideline on the service interval so that I can keep them in perpetual good condition.
        Would also appreciate some recommendation on good service centers who are credible and know their stuff well (cost effectiveness is key too).
        Thanks.

Comment

• a search would have given you the answers.

i have combined all other similar threads to yours so that it facilitates your search for information.

may we know how often you wear your watches so that the appropriate advice can be given.

good service centres? there is only 1 service centre for rolex which is RSC @ Tong building.

if you are referring to good watch service technicians, then it varies from people to people.

cost effectiveness? i shall not comment on this, what is more important is you find a watch technician that you trust. not one that is recommended.

Originally posted by Mokuyobi View Post
          Hi there,

I have a few rollies in various age groups.
          May I know a good guideline on the service interval so that I can keep them in perpetual good condition.
          Would also appreciate some recommendation on good service centers who are credible and know their stuff well (cost effectiveness is key too).
          Thanks.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Thanks bro for all the input.

Bro Breitling77 as you mentioned mechincal watch. But how about automatic watches?

Sorry bros for all the noobie question!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post
              Thanks bro for all the input.

Bro Breitling77 as you mentioned mechincal watch. But how about automatic watches?

Sorry bros for all the noobie question!
              Errrm....Bro, an automatic watch is a mechanical watch...
              Sweet 16:
              PP Aquanaut
              VC Overseas
              AP ROO Black Themes
              A.Lange & Sohne 1815
              Breguet Type XXI
              Blancpain 50 Fathoms
              JLC Navy Seals
              GO Senator 60s
              GP Laureato
              Zenith Pilot Extra Special
              Rolex DSSD
              IWC Big Pilot
              Pam 112
              Omega Ploprof
              Breitling Super Avenger
              Glycine F104

Comment

• Care to share what happen? I plan to bring down to service soon...

Comment

• When to send your Rollie for servicing

My husband bought me a Rollie 2 years back and wear the watch sparingly.

The watch still keep good time but do i need to send it for general servicing?

Need some expert advice here.

Thanks.

Comment

• some say send in every 2-3 years. some say send in every 4-5 years. some say dont send in till spoil.

it all depends on your comfort zone and if you want to spend money on servicing.

a watch is similar to a car. the more often you wear it, the more often you need to service, vice versa.

alternatively you can choose to wear until something happens then send in for service. however, then the servicing cost may be high. just like if you wait till something goes wrong with the car then send in, the cost may be higher than compared to periodic servicing.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                      some say send in every 2-3 years. some say send in every 4-5 years. some say dont send in till spoil.

it all depends on your comfort zone and if you want to spend money on servicing.

a watch is similar to a car. the more often you wear it, the more often you need to service, vice versa.

alternatively you can choose to wear until something happens then send in for service. however, then the servicing cost may be high. just like if you wait till something goes wrong with the car then send in, the cost may be higher than compared to periodic servicing.

Thanks Triton for your kind advice..very informative for me. So far nothing wrong with it but i heard people send the watch for "calibration"? What does that means? Is it something got to do with correcting the time? Maybe the mechanism made the watch too fast or too slow? Sorry for this lame questions. Thanks again.

Comment

• a new rollie should service every 3-5years.

Comment

• if your rolex is under COSC specification which is -4+6 and if your watch is not within the allocated median, you may want to consider to send in for calibration

you may want to make use of the search function to find out more

Originally posted by namadgi View Post
                          Thanks Triton for your kind advice..very informative for me. So far nothing wrong with it but i heard people send the watch for "calibration"? What does that means? Is it something got to do with correcting the time? Maybe the mechanism made the watch too fast or too slow? Sorry for this lame questions. Thanks again.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                            if your rolex is under COSC specification which is -4+6 and if your watch is not within the allocated median, you may want to consider to send in for calibration

you may want to make use of the search function to find out more
                            Thanks Trition..appreciate all the feedback..need to learn more about this new hobby of mine..

Comment

• Servicing

Hi all

I am a newbie here ...
                              Wanna know more abt sub
                              1. Anyone know how long must we need to service the sub ?
                              2. Any good and affordable shop for servicing as I check with roc is abt $1k for servicing?

Thanks for all yr time to read ...hopefully can advice me cos I may need to service my sub soon ....

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Hi all, can I just add on is the servicing same for Tudor as well? Thx.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X